Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 741: Howl-O-Scream Preview Trip Report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Mossed » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm

^^ The Beach looks awesome. What all can you do in that ball pit? Foamball factories are a lot of fun, and I'd love to start an all out war in there.
Top 10 coasters - 1.) Intimidator 305 2.) Maverick. 3.) Fury325 4.) Phoenix 5.) Millennium Force 6.) Taron 7.) Top Thrill Dragster 8.) Twisted Colossus 9.) Goliath (SFGA) 10.) Expedition GeForce

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby djcoastermark » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:46 pm

There weren't a lot of restrictions that I could tell, other than use common sense. It seems as if everyone did. They have "lifeguards" stationed around and on the "pier". Ball tossing and splashing was going on all over. It really was a blast and very surreal. It is almost impossible to stand upright, but it's fun trying. You can jump off the pier, which is an odd feeling. Some were diving, though they don't recommend diving, but it is allowed. There's free fluffy fluffy's for valuables and is strongly recommended. If you lose something it will just float away and you will not find it, no way no how. They post signs up that if you lose something you won't be able to get it back until after the 26th when they "drain" the beach. Oh and another bonus is that you get a free scoop of ice cream too along with free parking. You can't believe the workout you will get from it either.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 pm

^Am I missing something? How can you dive in a ball pit, sounds painful. And why would your stuff float away where you couldn't find it?
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:44 am

The balls are not like your typical ball pit. they are very soft yet firm. Like I said, it is very very surreal. I don't know quite how describe it. It is not considered as a kids' ball pit but as more of an art installation. It is more geared to a more mature crowd, not little kiddies. I mean, c'mon, they serve beer. You just have to experience the wonderful weirdness of the whole thing. It is so very weird , beautiful and odd. you have to experience it to know how things just float away. It just does, Here is a link to the group that puts it on . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3NMVpiJ0_A And if this doesn't confuse y'all more.....

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:06 am

Like I said, I was confused as to what the whole thing was, even after watching the video. But I did it and I was blown away and finally understood. Like I said , it is sureal. Here is the local review. It describes, but doesn't clear things up, http://web.tampabay.com/things-to-do/events/what-its-like-to-swim-through-12-million-balls-at-the-beach-tampa/2288335

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:41 am

Sorry if I am overly promoting, but yeah, If you are in the Tampa Bay area, you have got to do this. A good thing to do when it is raining and BGT closes the park down. Hey, what else ya gonna do ?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Damn. Looks pretty cool. I don't think we'll have time this weekend, but like you said if it rains maybe we'll check it out.

Back to the park, how packed can I expect it this Saturday and Monday? I know I've asked before, but I figured I'd ask one more time since we're a lot closer to leaving... thanks.

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Some dude tried to kill a flamingo.
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:15 pm

If you all don't mind, I'm going to change the subject and talk about a boat ride called "Journey to Atlantis. . .

:?r "Dude, that ride's in SeaWorld. I thought this thread was supposed to be on Busch Gardens Tampa?"

Well, it is. I just wanted to say that they ought to put a ride like that to replace their old and closed-off Tanganyika Shoot the Chutes ride. I think that would be awesome!

:x "Hey, no fair! We want them to do something with the old Gwazi that involves RMC structure work!"

Hey, I would love to see both, but I'm sure one attraction would be worked on first. So here is my question to all you Busch Gardens Tampa lovers and anyone else that's a rider and amusement park flyer: What attraction would you like to see them work on?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Location: 2 hours and a border crossing from the nearest theme park, Cedar Point.

Postby TheJewelOfJool » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:56 pm

That idea sounds awesome. An RMC Gwazi would be neat as well, but I think it'll just be demolished in the future.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!