Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 741: Howl-O-Scream Preview Trip Report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby coasterbill » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:49 am

Sky Ride is down for scheduled maintenance so you'll need to walk.

By the way, don't make the mistake of making this trip just about coasters. Take your time, check out the animals, watch the cheetah run presentation, pet / feed the Kangaroos / ride the train / ride the flume. There's way more to this park than coasters.

Personally it's my favorite park in Florida (I understand that that's incredibly high praise), the coasters are outstanding but there's so much more to this park than coasters.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:20 pm

coasterbill wrote:Sky Ride is down for scheduled maintenance so you'll need to walk.

By the way, don't make the mistake of making this trip just about coasters. Take your time, check out the animals, watch the cheetah run presentation, pet / feed the Kangaroos / ride the train / ride the flume. There's way more to this park than coasters.

Personally it's my favorite park in Florida (I understand that that's incredibly high praise), the coasters are outstanding but there's so much more to this park than coasters.

Listen to Bill, he is knowledgeable.

Although I prefer BGW, Tampa is a very very very very very good park. Of course ride the coasters but like Bill said, make a point to visit all the animal exhibits. Depending on how late you stay I suggest hanging around the big cat exhibits around dusk as they tend to be way more active at that time. Ride Kumba in the back, Montu in the front and Shiekra in any row. Oh also make sure to drink a few cold buds while you're there. After all, this is Busch Gardens. Did I mention the park is very good?
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:21 pm

:nina:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:32 pm

Another thing that's great to check out at lunch time or early before Busch Gardens is the Yuengling brewery tour, which is right around the corner and also free. Beer is a great thing.

Also, Kumba.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:34 pm

xVicesAndVirtues wrote:Another thing that's great to check out at lunch time or early before Busch Gardens is the Yuengling brewery tour, which is right around the corner and also free. Beer is a great thing.

Also, Kumba.

Yes! I did the Yuengling tour in Pottsville. Way worth it.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:39 pm

^Agreed. Especially since the change of ownership/IPO resulting in no more free beer in the hospitality house. I agree with coasterbill that it's also my favorite park in Florida. Is Disney a better overall/resort experience? Yes, but if you go to Busch Gardens on a weekday for 75% of the year, you have the place to yourself other than Cheetah. If you like your theme parks in a laid back, mosey your way through the park, ride everything, enjoy beers, and see everything manner, Busch Gardens Tampa is the place. And Falcon's Fury to remind you that life is real.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:30 am

coasterbill wrote:Personally it's my favorite park in Florida (I understand that that's incredibly high praise)

I second this! And I think either Sea World or Fun Spot America is my second favorite park (with Legoland faring highly as well!)
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:04 pm

Well after being the literal first person to enter the park today, it has no official become my favorite park EVER. The atmosphere, the music, the animals, the theming, everything is so top notch, it puts SFGAdv to shame.

Montu is CRAZY in the back, I f-ing LOVE it!!

Kumba back right is the magic seat like everyone said, amazing

Sheikra broke my dive coaster virginity and it was awesome, best airtime on the two drops.

Falcon's Fury is my favorite drop tower ever, made me extremely nervous the first time, but after reriding 3 more times, I became addicted.

All in all, I got to do everything I wanted, walk through the aviaries, and other walk through animal exhibits.

Just wow, the food was even amazing, we went to the Smokehouse by Sheikra, everything was delicious and the whole area smelt amazing, even on Sheikra you got a blast of the smokers after the MCBR.

I rode everything more than twice except for Kumba and Cobra's Curse because of the line length, and no time to go back to the back for Kumba.

I need to get back here again

Montu - 2
Sheikra - 4
Falcon's Fury - 3
Cheetah Hunt - 2
Kumba - 1
Cobra's Curse - 1
Scorpion - 3

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:49 pm

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:Well after being the literal first person to enter the park today, it has no official become my favorite park EVER. The atmosphere, the music, the animals, the theming, everything is so top notch, it puts SFGAdv to shame.

Montu is CRAZY in the back, I f-ing LOVE it!!

Kumba back right is the magic seat like everyone said, amazing

Sheikra broke my dive coaster virginity and it was awesome, best airtime on the two drops.

Falcon's Fury is my favorite drop tower ever, made me extremely nervous the first time, but after reriding 3 more times, I became addicted.

All in all, I got to do everything I wanted, walk through the aviaries, and other walk through animal exhibits.

Just wow, the food was even amazing, we went to the Smokehouse by Sheikra, everything was delicious and the whole area smelt amazing, even on Sheikra you got a blast of the smokers after the MCBR.

I rode everything more than twice except for Kumba and Cobra's Curse because of the line length, and no time to go back to the back for Kumba.

I need to get back here again

Montu - 2
Sheikra - 4
Falcon's Fury - 3
Cheetah Hunt - 2
Kumba - 1
Cobra's Curse - 1
Scorpion - 3

Awesome! I'm glad you had a great time! Busch Gardens Tampa is ranked #1 as my #BestThemeParkVistEver! That was way back in 2008! =) I love this park and hopefully I'll be able to get here again in the near future.
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:31 am

Glad to hear you had a great time!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!