Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 699 - Cobra's Curse Media Day Report and Video!
Users viewing this topic: Norwegian coasterfan and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby bgtlover » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Cyrbuzz wrote:Does anyone else beside myself still hold out hope that eventually Busch Gardens will Rocky Mountain treatment their sad and closed Gwazi coaster? I mean as long as this ride is still standing pretty much intact there may be a teeny tiny chance down the road. Since CEO Manby seems to be on a adding rides mindset to Sea World Parks maybe there's a chance down the not so long road. He was with Hershend was he not when they started their relationship with RMC? Let's hope maybe Gwazi will roar again someday.

Nope. I think that wood is going to come down and used for firewood...what's left of it. That's just my opinion however. I know there are plenty that think it's still possible. I'm not holding my breath or anything, even though I'd love an RMC creation at my home/favorite park.
Current Coaster Count: 82
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:01 pm

bgtlover wrote:
Cyrbuzz wrote:Does anyone else beside myself still hold out hope that eventually Busch Gardens will Rocky Mountain treatment their sad and closed Gwazi coaster? I mean as long as this ride is still standing pretty much intact there may be a teeny tiny chance down the road. Since CEO Manby seems to be on a adding rides mindset to Sea World Parks maybe there's a chance down the not so long road. He was with Hershend was he not when they started their relationship with RMC? Let's hope maybe Gwazi will roar again someday.

Nope. I think that wood is going to come down and used for firewood...what's left of it. That's just my opinion however. I know there are plenty that think it's still possible. I'm not holding my breath or anything, even though I'd love an RMC creation at my home/favorite park.

Would I love for it to happen? Abso-fricken-lutely. But everyday that it doesn't happen, it feels more and more like an fever dream. But I thought the same of Kentucky Kingdom's Twisted Twins...
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ed Farmer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:05 pm

I haven't really kept up with what may or may not happen to Gwazi once it closed, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to Rocky Mountain it even if it has been SBNO for a few years now. I have a hard time subscribing to the theory that it's only still standing because of the chain's financial situation. I really enjoyed the ride (many/most did not) and was sad to see it close- but I think one day the 'roided-up RMC version will happen.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jason Maier » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Now Gwazi doesn't get RMC'd . . . . what (if anything) goes in its place?

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Dombot » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:42 pm

bgtlover wrote:New Attraction for Adventure Island to be announced soon!

I'm pretty much ecstatic to see this happening. It's so awesome to see a new addition to the park just two years after the last new ride. Can't wait!! :b
Last edited by Dombot on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:54 am.
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Now Gwazi doesn't get RMC'd . . . . what (if anything) goes in its place?

What would go there....Who knows. What I'd like to see there....A Mega-Lite style coaster.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

Postby bgtlover » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:11 pm

I personally think that area needs a good flat ride package of some sort. Something similar to BGW's Da Vinci's Garden of Inventions. I love the park, but it really is lacking in flat rides. They could still put in a compact style coaster (like a Premier Sky Rocket II which has been rumored since before Cobra's Curse). Of course I'd love a nice hyper or giga, but there are other places they can put that (like the station in Tidal Waves spot running back to the retention ponds).
Current Coaster Count: 82
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Dombot » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 am

Looks like the two new Howl-O-Scream houses were announced- https://buschgardens.com/tampa/events/howl-o-scream/haunted-houses/
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby BlahBlahson » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:03 pm

Fright Feast went up by $8 and they moved the fiends show to Stanleyville, still a solid purchase as you get a full meal before the event opens and 1.5 hours of express access, but that's a decrease in value.

Also one house less than last year, I'm surprised that the Black Spot is not returning as it fit the area very well. Good on them to keep Motel Hell which is an incredible haunt.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby Themonerd » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:42 pm

What exactly is the theme this year? And when will the announcement for adventure island happen?
If it has :airtime: count me in!
I've created 3 locked threads. I should start using that search function.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!