Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 779: Tigris Coaster for 2019...Better news for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:28 pm

This is my favorite Announcement for 2020 by far! Can't wait to go back and forth between Kumba and RMC Gwazi all day!

Oh and yay Tigris. With the addition of both of these coasters I can really see Busch Gardens making a push to be KNOWN as the park with the major thrills in Florida amongst the public, which is a title that Universal still holds for some reason.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:11 am

I'm SO excited about this announcement, and the near confirmation of RMC Gwazi finally happening! I have maintained all along, even in the face of a lot of doubters cropping up as the years have gone by, that Gwazi would eventually be RMC'd, and am stoked to finally see that patience paying off! BGT is already my favorite place to go in Florida (yes, over anything Orlando has to offer!), and the addition of these next two coasters will only continue to cement its status in my mind. Like Robb said earlier, BGT has an excellent collection of quality over quantity coasters already (though I'm not a fan of Scorpion - sue me! lol), and that will only be getting better! I feel like the Busch parks in general are all like this, as both SWO and BGW have excellent collections of coasters, in my opinion! In fact, when I took my kids earlier this year to Florida, I was actually debating whether SWO had passed BGT as my favorite Florida destination. However, these additions will certainly tip the scales firmly in favor of BGT, as far as I'm confirmed! I definitely see a 2020 trip to Florida with my kids (this time including Star Wars Land as well!) in the future, assuming my monetary situation allows for it!

Regarding the 2019 addition, I have actually never ridden a Skyrocket II model, and have found them very intriguing ever since Superman went in at SFDK. Not sure when my first will be, unless my hoped-for trip to BGW happens next year, but I must agree with those that said Tigris is the best looking of the bunch! Very sharp, and will fit in perfectly over there in that area, especially with the Tigers nearby. It actually makes me wonder whether BGT might be switching the Orangutan and Tiger habitats around, so the Tigers are directly connected to the Tigris area. I didn't see anything about it in the announcement, but maybe I missed it. Or maybe it's not happening. lol

On a semi-unrelated note, just now when I was looking at BGT from the satellite view to check out the area, something I've done probably over 100 times before in my life, I noticed the large culinary warehouse buildings, and substantial parking lot area in the middle of the park, for the VERY FIRST TIME! :lol: How on earth have I glazed over that before all these times??? :shockr: You would think I'd have noticed it from ShieKra, but if I did, I didn't pay it much attention. They do a great job of hiding it from view while you're down on the ground in the park, so props to them for that! BGT is such a beautiful, immersive park experience, and I can't wait to go back in a couple of years, and experience a couple of great new additions!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:11 am

BlahBlahson wrote:Oh and yay Tigris. With the addition of both of these coasters I can really see Busch Gardens making a push to be KNOWN as the park with the major thrills in Florida amongst the public, which is a title that Universal still holds for some reason.

I think that it already is known for that. But I think that it doesn't get Orlando vacationers because it's actually an hour and a half or so away from Orlando. The only people that can really go there at their own pace are those that pony up for rental cars when they fly in here.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:39 am

I know the infrastructure is there so that you can avoid the rental car but I’m curious as to what percentage of people visiting Orlando rent one anyway. Personally I always do. Rental cars are cheap in Florida and not having a car would drive me insane.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:03 am

Sea World offers shuttles from Orlando to Busch Gardens and back to Orlando again. i have never taken it just seen if offered on there site last time I purchased combo tickets
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby lord denning » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 am

DILinator wrote:
On a semi-unrelated note, just now when I was looking at BGT from the satellite view to check out the area, something I've done probably over 100 times before in my life, I noticed the large culinary warehouse buildings, and substantial parking lot area in the middle of the park, for the VERY FIRST TIME! :lol: How on earth have I glazed over that before all these times??? :shockr: You would think I'd have noticed it from ShieKra, but if I did, I didn't pay it much attention. They do a great job of hiding it from view while you're down on the ground in the park, so props to them for that! BGT is such a beautiful, immersive park experience, and I can't wait to go back in a couple of years, and experience a couple of great new additions!

They do a good job of hiding things - I agree - but you can't not notice. That section is the reason there is no central hub and you are stuck walking the long way round. Not the most efficient park for touring.
Using Tapatalk

Postby bert425 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:54 am

OMG. . I can't stop laughing.. and they are reporting it so serious!

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/travel/florida/Actor-in-Busch-Gardens-Howl-O-Scream-commercial-projectile-vomits-on-SheiKra-and-it-s-no-act_171779884

at least it wasn't the guy in the zombie make-up!

(flashbacks to an episode recently that shall not be named!!!)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:08 am

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby delan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Hmmm, I wonder if the reason the Gwazi conversion took so long was because they were waiting for the Lightning Rod launch issues to be resolved. I can picture them having one side using the traditional lift and then flowing into the other side where it launches you uphill.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:01 pm

bert425 wrote:OMG. . I can't stop laughing.. and they are reporting it so serious!

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/travel/florida/Actor-in-Busch-Gardens-Howl-O-Scream-commercial-projectile-vomits-on-SheiKra-and-it-s-no-act_171779884

at least it wasn't the guy in the zombie make-up!

(flashbacks to an episode recently that shall not be named!!!)

And as they are hitting the brake run of all places?? Really?? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!