TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Totally psyched for our visit!

Hampton is booked, tickets are booked, Michael's ECV booked...we're looking forward to it, although it looks like temps might be on the "chilly" side for central Florida. That's okay though because we will have jacket, hats...all that "Northern" stuff with us anyway.

Looks like a good time to get away because they are forecasting a winter storm here for the evening we are leaving - and we should be out ahead of it in the afternoon (as long as I don't get screwed at work).

Did I just get unlucky on my ride? I was the only one in the front of the log and I got a lot wetter than expected.

They are welcome to keep doing rehab's if it keeps Kumba running!

Agree 100% on that. I was just shocked they broke the rehab up.

Please don't put VR on Kumba.

It does seem strange having two rehabs close together but maybe they wanted it back and up for the busy Christmas season before finishing the rehab?

I couldn't agree more, they already ruined Kraken with the VR, so I'd hate to see the same thing happen with Kumba. When we visited in August, Kumba/Sheikra/Montu were walk-ons all day and it was glorious!

Don't let the cold weather stop you from riding Stanley Falls. You barely get wet on it at all. Ask Boldikus. He'll back me up.

To be honest, Bill...I don't believe that I have been on Stanley Falls before. I know, I know...for shame!

I'll likely remedy that this trip though as I do enjoy a good flume. Given that parks are slowly starting to remove them, this is a good time to make it happen.

In terms of wetness, we rode Popeye and Dudley st IoA one year when it was in the 60's, so I'm not afraid to brave it!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys has anyone done Busch Gardens in New Years Eve ? Is it really busy ? What’s the vibes like is it a similar atmosphere to hallowscream? With DJs and extra food and beer?

Thanks as always for your help.

Stu

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm heading to Florida for spring break during the first week of April. I was wondering what should I expect on crowds and is it worth going Friday for the extra 3 hours as the park is open 10-9 or going during the middle of the week when it is open 10-6. I have a plan for ride order with Cheetah Hunt>Cobra's Curse>Falcons Fury and then the rest of the rides. Do they have an app that says ride times? Otherwise is there anything else I shouldn't miss while at the park? Thank you in advance.

Hi, I'm heading to Florida for spring break during the first week of April. I was wondering what should I expect on crowds and is it worth going Friday for the extra 3 hours as the park is open 10-9 or going during the middle of the week when it is open 10-6. I have a plan for ride order with Cheetah Hunt>Cobra's Curse>Falcons Fury and then the rest of the rides. Do they have an app that says ride times? Otherwise is there anything else I shouldn't miss while at the park? Thank you in advance.

you should do Cheetah Hunt, Cobra's Curse, and Montu (as it's right there, and is the best suspended coaster I've ever been on). .then Train to Pantopia station for Falcon's Fury, Kumba (one of the stars of BGT), Scorpion. Then you can train it to Shiekra.

Part of the Treetop Trails and Orangutan exhibit in Jungala now occupy the land where Python was. The clearing to the north of there is an animal enclosure that can be seen from the train.

"We regularly evaluate the guest flow and experience in the various areas of the park and in our effort to always work on improving our guest experience; we have temporarily closed the area and will be evaluating how we can make improvements for the future."[/i]

The rest of the Jungala section remains open to guests, including the Tiger Trail and Orangutan Outpost animal habitats, Bengal Bistro and Tiger’s Den gift shop.

Orang Cafe, a second dining location in Jungala, closed several seasons ago.

The Jungala area was a major expansion that opened at the park in 2008, replacing The Python roller coaster and Claw Island tiger habitat. The Treetop Trails area was designed to be enjoyed by children who were too old for the Land of the Dragons section (now Sesame Street Safari) but still too young for some of the larger attractions like Kumba and Montu.

The attractions in Treetop Trails join Tidal Wave, Gwazi, and Rhino Rally rides along with Marrakesh Theater as standing but not operating (SBNO) at the park.

- Touring Central Florida

244msx.jpg.482630e0f003307abfdec7b1a072d42c.jpg

^ wow.. . so that took out most stuff for the kids too old for Sesame Street area, but not big enough for the coasters.

I guess the Animals are still left, but I can see this being disappointing for families with young-ish kiddos visiting the park.

In an apparent cost savings measure, several attractions at Busch Gardens Tampa were closed indefinitely as of Monday, February 5, 2018. The entirety of the Treetop Trails section of Jungala, located towards the back of the park, has been closed off.

And another theme park playground bites the dust. Breaks my heart.

Yeah this stinks, I was planning a trip there later this spring with my kids (their first trip) and I knew they would absolutely love that section of the park. Kinda disappointing that they won't be able to see that, those nets way up in the air on the tree top trails were so much fun.

Should we just assume that the playground section of Happy Harbor at Sea World's time is limited at this point?

Should we just assume that the playground section of Happy Harbor at Sea World's time is limited at this point?

It's going to be removed, along with the boat and water play area when it transforms into Sesame Street. The rest of the rides will be staying and at least one new flat ride added.

Happy Harbor Overhaul SeaWorld Orlando

It's going to be removed, along with the boat and water play area when it transforms into Sesame Street. The rest of the rides will be staying and at least one new flat ride added.

Dead inside.

I don't like it, but I do understand it, and I've kinda seen it coming for a while. Jungala is probably the worst "dead-end" of the park- barely ever see anyone in there, the nets are kinda moldy, Jungle Flyers has been closed for a while now, and Wild Surge was barely ever popular. Whatever does happen over there, I hope it does happen soon.

^ wow.. . so that took out most stuff for the kids too old for Sesame Street area, but not big enough for the coasters.

I guess the Animals are still left, but I can see this being disappointing for families with young-ish kiddos visiting the park.

Scorpion and Cobra's Curse still exist, those are the best of the best when it comes to family coasters IMO.

Edited by Dombot

Dead inside.

Yeah I mean that net structure at SeaWorld is kind of crazy, there are some steep sections that are kind of hard to navigate for kids and overall it is kind of dated but the trails at Busch Gardens are so simple and fun that I don't really get why they're being closed.