TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coney Island (Luna Park / Deno's) Development Discussion Thread

^^^ Before Memorial Day is your best bet; you can then at least mitigate a bit of the sticker shock by investing in one of their 4-hour wristbands. It's good on most of their rides excluding Cyclone & Thunderbolt, and the usual upcharge style attractions like Slingshot etc. Last season they had an "extreme" wristband which for a slightly higher price gave you 5 rides in any combination on the big coasters + upcharges; this has been removed from all signage at the park and scrubbed from their website for this season, unfortunately.

^^ Last year I went on a Friday night when they had fireworks. The boardwalk was packed and you were walking shoulder to shoulder, but ride lines were very short and were no longer than 1 cycle waits for the flats and maybe 5 minutes for the coasters.

• 1 month later...

^^ Ignore what I said above; it looks like they have finally caved in and decided to go with a pay-one-price wristband that includes all rides and is good all day long. Just received this in my inbox;

IMG_3155.thumb.PNG.d0b3d3ded7fb983d7eba76a46b756ede.PNG

As usual though, the hyperlink in the message goes to a completely different page than one that has details, and it doesn't look like the site has been updated with the new deal's pricing as of yet. But as long as this price isn't absolutely ridiculous, this should be a much better deal than the old wristbands.

Gonna have to push this trip off til later in the summer anyway. Too much going on and obviously didn't pull the trigger before Memorial Day. But that's good news!

Very curious to see the price. Their prices are the main reason I've never bothered going there.

Finally!!!! And same, I usually go and ride Thunderbolt and Cyclone a few times and leave because the prices are too high for more than 4 rides.

Very curious to see the price. Their prices are the main reason I've never bothered going there.

Finally!!!! And same, I usually go and ride Thunderbolt and Cyclone a few times and leave because the prices are too high for more than 4 rides.

Every year I say I'm going to go but when I end up looking at the prices I go meh and just go to great adventure instead which can actually be a quicker drive than going to Brooklyn most days anyway lol I need to get on the Cyclone at least once though so this would be the perfect way to do it.

Very curious to see the price.

I'm also curious... and a little afraid.

As am I, to be honest. Considering last year they were charging $70 for the regular 4 hour wristband + 5 extreme rides of your choice, I want to hope it'll be along those lines, but I have a sinking suspicion that it's probably going to end up closer to the $100 range.

Those prices are batsh*t insane. The one day wristband on a weekend is the same price as Great Adventure's thrill pass which gives you unlimited visits all summer to an infinitely better park and over 20 bucks more than a regular day ticket.

They're an improvement over last year but they're still completely nuts.

Those prices are batsh*t insane. The one day wristband on a weekend is the same price as Great Adventure's thrill pass which gives you unlimited visits all summer to an infinitely better park and over 20 bucks more than a regular day ticket.

They're an improvement over last year but they're still completely nuts.

1) Don't go on a weekend then.

2) I don't disagree that Six Flags makes their business off of giving away the gate and trying to convert people to season passes. Meanwhile, Luna Park doesn't have a season pass system.

3) Everything in NYC is priced higher than its neighboring counterparts, and that's kinda because of the captive audience. There's a large portion of the city that, for them, this is their only option for an amusement park.

4) I'd much rather pay the $50 on a weekday and get as many rides on the Cyclone and Thunderbolt in as I possibly can in a single day, something that simply wasn't possible in the past without taking out a small business loan from a bank.

3) Everything in NYC is priced higher than its neighboring counterparts, and that's kinda because of the captive audience. There's a large portion of the city that, for them, this is their only option for an amusement park.

This is definitely what it all comes down to but I'd still argue that the prices are absurdly high from the perspective of the majority of people on this site who would be traveling to go there (even on a weekday). Yes, they can get away with charging these prices because you're dealing with a captive audience and I'm not questioning that but I still feel completely justified in pointing out the fact that it's completely ridiculous that a one day wristband on a weekend is at the same price point as a pass that gets you into Six Flags all summer long ($72.99), a 2 day ticket to Cedar Point or any other park in the Cedar Fair chain ($70) or a single day ticket to any non-Disney or Universal park in the country.

The weekday price is eh but I can at least justify going once this year to finally ride the cyclone and I wouldn't probably ever go back unless something new I actually wanna ride opens. Agreed on the weekend price though, you can get a season pass at six flags for that price lol

Yeah upon further review, correct me if I'm wrong but I think this makes Luna Park the most expensive single day ticket of any non Disney or Universal park in America if you visit on a weekend. You have to admit that that's a bit nuts.

Yeah upon further review, correct me if I'm wrong but I think this makes Luna Park the most expensive single day ticket of any non Disney or Universal park in America if you visit on a weekend. You have to admit that that's a bit nuts.

Eh, I spent enough time doing the research on those Kennywood heights a few days back... I'll take your word on it for this one.

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open to see whether or not they offer any Groupon discounts this season; the only reason I visited last year was thanks to the 2-for-$80 deal they were offering on the old extreme ones. If they can offer that price point or beat it with the new unlimited bands, to me, it's a no-brainer.

Eh, I spent enough time doing the research on those Kennywood heights a few days back... I'll take your word on it for this one.

Sounds fair. I actually found one by the way, the Florida Busch / Sea World tickets are more expensive but I feel like their single day ticket is just there to essentially force you to buy the Sea World combo pass or Busch Gardens 2 day / 3 day ticket in which case it ends up being a much better deal than Luna park. They're also whoring themselves out on Groupon and Retailmenot so you could technically pay more to go to one of those parks for a day than you could for Luna park but you'd have to be an idiot.

Considering I spent $40 on tickets last year to ride the coasters, I would consider the weekend wristband even at that price. But it definitely would only be something I'd do every few years or so because of how high it is.

Wow, wow wow, that is expensive. Other parks run a pay as you go system, like Liseberg, and than also unlimited wristbands, yet the thing is that there, the rides are way better quality. I get it that the park itself must be over priced, and they are assuming that people are going to do many re-rides to get their moneys worth, but that is massive. Do you think they are trying to keep lines down?

I wonder what their price would be for a annual pass. Probably about £250.