Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 100: New Toy Story Land preview video released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Re: Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:32 pm

It’s crazy just how spread out Shanghai Disneyland is!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:01 pm

One of these days, I will get out there for a visit. :cry:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:35 pm

Truth, I so want to go back to the Disney Resorts of Tokyo and Hong Kong.,.. but Shanghai will be admired from afar, for myself.
So far, it's got two great attractions, that everybody is raving about. But after that...... ? And at my age, I want to re-visit
the Asian Disney Parks/resorts I've already been to, the sooner the better.

My five cents. :mickey: No offence to Shanghai Disneyland.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:27 am

Shanghai Disneyland has put out a press release showing off the installation of Rex and Trixie in front of the RC Racer coaster in Toy Story Land!

The Rex’s Racer attraction, currently under construction in Shanghai Disneyland’s Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land, celebrated a major milestone this week with the installation of Rex and Trixie, the two beloved dinosaur toys from the popular Disney•Pixar animated film series, Toy Story.

Rex’s Racer is one of the three major attractions coming to Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land, which is the first post-opening project of Shanghai Disney Resort and will become the theme park’s seventh themed land. Guests visiting Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land will feel as if they’ve been shrunk down to the size of their favorite Toy Story toys for laughter and fun with family and friends in the backyard of Andy, the boy from the hit films. Woody, Buzz and their Toy Story friends will come to life and play in this fully immersive land.

After opening, Rex, Andy’s insecure Tyrannosaurus toy, will invite guests to climb into RC Racer for a thrilling ride on the U-shaped track with help from his Triceratops friend, Trixie. With Rex at the controls, RC Racer, with guests aboard, zips forward and backward at ever increasing heights and exhilarating speed.

The other two attractions, Slinky Dog Spin and Woody’s Round-Up, will allow guests to take a seat inside Slinky Dog’s springy spirals and race around a wavy roundabout, or climb aboard the carts pulled by a herd of ponies rounded up by Sheriff Woody. As the ponies start a little square dance, they will swing their carts to and fro in time to the lively music.

The new themed land will also feature a uniquely themed character greeting area, Meeting Post, and immersive shopping and dining experiences, Al’s Toy Barn and Toy Box Café. Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land is set to open on April 26, 2018.
thumb_640_420_20180111045030263.jpg
Rex and Trixie were installed at Rex’s Racer at Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land in Shanghai Disneyland
thumb_640_420_20180111045033297.jpg
thumb_640_420_20180111045038846.jpg
Rex and Trixie were installed at Rex’s Racer at Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land in Shanghai Disneyland With Rex at the controls, RC Racer zips forward and backward at ever increasing heights and exhilarating speed
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:28 pm

ShDL starts celebrating "The Year of The Dog", after next weekend.
Special events, foods and merchandise available throughout this New Year's celebration.
NewYear2018.jpg
Chinese New Year falls on Friday, February 16th this year. I bet Pluto's pretty happy about this! (o:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Rex’s Racer looks like a fun ride that Jacob would love.
Last edited by jray21 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:48 pm.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:31 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/toy-story-lands-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-shanghai-disneyland-are-set-to-amaze-guests-in-2018/

Earlier this morning, Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, shared exciting new looks at two different Toy Story Lands that are currently under construction at Disney Parks.

Here in the U.S., Toy Story Land is set to open to guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30, 2018. This land will bring with it all the fun, imagination and beloved characters from the “Toy Story” films.

Slinky Dog Dash in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Slinky Dog Dash in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios
When it opens, guests visiting the land will “shrink” to the size of a toy and join in on the fun Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and Andy’s other favorite pals are having in Andy’s backyard. Here, guests can take a ride on Slinky Dog Dash, a roller coaster Andy has assembled from his Mega Coaster Play Kit and topped off with Rex and Jessie, while Slinky serves as the coaster vehicle. (See photo above for a new look at the track).

Families will also be able to take a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers, a galactic play set that Andy won from Pizza Planet. Here, adorable little green aliens swirl about in their flying saucers with guests in tow in their rocket ship toys, while “The Claw” hangs overhead.

Guests can also walk through a new carnival game box to experience Toy Story Mania!, which has been a guest-favorite attraction at the park since it opened in 2008. Now expanded with a third track, the popular attraction will put even more guests in the action taking aim at 3D objects – using everything from baseballs to cream pies – in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced games.

Woody’s Lunch Box will serve up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats from a walk-up window setting. The entire land will serve as a visual celebration of toys, with Crayons, Cooties, Green Army Men, Rubik’s Cubes, Tinkertoys, and other familiar toys and game pieces incorporated into the land’s design.

Bob also shared this amazing behind-the-scenes video that shows the progress that’s being made on Toy Story Lands at both Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Shanghai Disneyland. (Toy Story Land at Shanghai Disneyland will include three attractions – Rex’s Racer, Slinky Dog Spin and Woody’s Round-Up – and is on track to open on April 26, 2018). Take a peek at both in the video above.

Which attraction are you most looking forward to experiencing when Toy Story Land opens this summer at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – or will you make the trip to Shanghai Disneyland? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby blk_mamba » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:03 am

There is a rumor that Zootopia is coming to Shanghai Disneyland! I hope it's true. I always thought this movie property was a good fit for the parks. The post also suggest that this Zootopia land could come to Animal Kingdom as well. We probably won't hear anything until D23 but I am still exited. Thoughts?

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/09/all-new-zootopia-land-coming-soon-to.html

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:53 pm

^ I read that somewhere else, too. Quite - the - rumor. Would be awesome, if it's true.

Guess we'll have to wait till/if Disney announces anything. :mickey: I'm exited, too! (o;
zootopia.jpg
Art concept of (ShDL's?) ZOOTOPIA from the article. (o:
Architect-Geek in me: It will be a pretty awesome, amazing, DUBAI-SIZED, multi-show building!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!