Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:14 pm

dnn2031 wrote:Hotel Terror in the picnic area, Camp Scumshine beneath the Viper, and the Jungle Apocalypse is in the Galaxy. Also looks like there will be a hay ride, but sounds like in previous years where it might not be a big to-do like the Field Trip was. A number of the areas are being set up by contracted third-party companies rather than in-park entertainment just throwing props together like past years. Also get your last rides on Twister if you're particularly attached to it; it's on the short list to get axed for the new ride.

So SkyScreamer is going in Twister’s current plot?
Darien Lake is my home park... :?r

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PhaseDMA » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:45 pm

coasterbill wrote:Image
The people that keep posting nonsense and think they are smarter than the rest of the room :lmao: :butt:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Lotologist492 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:06 pm

joelwee wrote:
rjr19 wrote:I’m all for the park not being overloaded with DC/Looney Tunes themeing, but RoS is BEGGING for the Superman branding to return. Having S:RoS as the only branding would be perfect. Everybody still calls it Superman still anyways.

I get the feeling that, if/when the park rethemes it to Superman, the general reaction will be, "Wait... since when has it NOT been Superman?"

You're right - reverting back to Superman would be such a non-announcement. I would not be surprised to see the park take it in another direction like giving it a Bizarro overlay, similar to what SFNE did a few years back. That would at least make the ride experience seem fresh and new - and while they are at it, bring back train #2...

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Sk610 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:17 am

I do hope they bring back the Superman name, but I am also hoping for some real theming on it much like what they did at SFNE. I always thought the support structures on the second and third hills should have been framed out with facades of buildings since Superman can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby coasterjohnh » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:33 am

I hope they get another train on Ride of steel

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Wagon127 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:33 am

Is there anyway twister may be taken down, to get refurbished, and come back where it actually flips over....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:19 am

Sk610 wrote:I am also hoping for some real theming on it

Sk610 wrote:much like what they did at SFNE.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby rjr19 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:23 am

Lotologist492 wrote:
joelwee wrote:
rjr19 wrote:I’m all for the park not being overloaded with DC/Looney Tunes themeing, but RoS is BEGGING for the Superman branding to return. Having S:RoS as the only branding would be perfect. Everybody still calls it Superman still anyways.

I get the feeling that, if/when the park rethemes it to Superman, the general reaction will be, "Wait... since when has it NOT been Superman?"

You're right - reverting back to Superman would be such a non-announcement. I would not be surprised to see the park take it in another direction like giving it a Bizarro overlay, similar to what SFNE did a few years back. That would at least make the ride experience seem fresh and new - and while they are at it, bring back train #2...

Honestly, the Bizarro treatment would be just plain stupid for RoS. It has been over 10 years since the Superman name was dropped yet literally everybody still calls it “Superman”. Same will happen if it was renamed to Bizarro. People are always going to know it as Superman, no matter what name it has. Just rebrand it to Superman, add fog effects, some theming, and a second train, and it will be perfect.
Darien Lake is my home park... :?r

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pryonisys » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:43 am

Lotologist492 wrote:
joelwee wrote:

Even though Ride of Steel was first, naming it Bizarro would be kind of cool because it mirrors the other Superman Ride of Steel.
I think you'd run into the same situation we are in now though where everyone calls it Superman, even if the name were changed to Bizarro and the color changed, to a lot of people it would still be Superman. In my opinion I would just change the name to what everyone already calls it anyway, then Six Flags wouldn't even have to paint it (I know everyone wants a fresh coat of paint, but lets be realistic here).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:47 am

pryonisys wrote:Even though Ride of Steel was first, naming it Bizarro would be kind of cool because it mirrors the other Superman Ride of Steel.

That would be super cool for the 3 people on the planet that are nerdy enough to know that / care.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!