Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:24 am

gearbm95 wrote:
SbSteveZ wrote:New Attractions and Experiences for Fright Fest 2018

Fright Fest 2018, presented by SNICKERS, features more horror than ever before! This year we're introducing 10 new, never-before-offered experiences. Our new haunted houses – Hotel Terror, Jungle Apocalypse, and Camp Scumshine – bring your worst fears to life, featuring wrath, flesh-eating cannibals, rotting zombies, and half-animal mutants. Enter the cursed lands of Creep Show Freak Show, Passage of the Damned, ScreamPunk, and VooDoo Curse, where fanged creatures, horrifying oddities, and undead armies lurk in the shadows and stalk your every step.

Also new for 2018, three new shows will spotlight hot music, vivid lasers, and squeamish feats like you've ever seen before. We'll also introduce limited edition apparel, specialty fudge and caramel apples, and unique twists on your favorite foods.

Source: Darien Lake Passholder Announcements

What I've heard from a couple people...

- Hotel Terror will be beyond ROS, where the old haunts used to be.

- Jungle Apocalypse is going in the picnic shelter area, there will also be a scarezone down there as well.

- The other scarezones will be back by Twister, in between Tantrum and Mind Eraser, and the path between Predator and Boomerang.

- All the coasters will be operating, in addition to Rolling Thunder, Giant Wheel, Haymaker, Lasso, Sleighride, Twister, Tin Lizzys and Rodeo Round Up.

So are they constructing a new building for Hotel Terror? Also, how large in scale are the other two haunt mazes going to be?

(On a side note, that was really awkward how there was an entire discussion on the Darien Lake thread about what counts as a Theme park. Just look it up instead of spamming this thread)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:27 am

Also, has anyone heard anything about Ride of Steel getting rethemed back to Superman? I'm kind of hoping they do.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 am

TheAmericanKnight wrote:Also, has anyone heard anything about Ride of Steel getting rethemed back to Superman? I'm kind of hoping they do.

I am kinda hoping they run this park like Great Escape - minus all of the DC/Looney Tunes themeing. That was one things about GE I really enjoyed. It definitely made it seem a lot less corporate for me.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DarienPoint » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:49 am

TheAmericanKnight wrote:
gearbm95 wrote:
SbSteveZ wrote:New Attractions and Experiences for Fright Fest 2018

Fright Fest 2018, presented by SNICKERS, features more horror than ever before! This year we're introducing 10 new, never-before-offered experiences. Our new haunted houses – Hotel Terror, Jungle Apocalypse, and Camp Scumshine – bring your worst fears to life, featuring wrath, flesh-eating cannibals, rotting zombies, and half-animal mutants. Enter the cursed lands of Creep Show Freak Show, Passage of the Damned, ScreamPunk, and VooDoo Curse, where fanged creatures, horrifying oddities, and undead armies lurk in the shadows and stalk your every step.

Also new for 2018, three new shows will spotlight hot music, vivid lasers, and squeamish feats like you've ever seen before. We'll also introduce limited edition apparel, specialty fudge and caramel apples, and unique twists on your favorite foods.

Source: Darien Lake Passholder Announcements

What I've heard from a couple people.

- Hotel Terror will be beyond ROS, where the old haunts used to be.

- Jungle Apocalypse is going in the picnic shelter area, there will also be a scarezone down there as well.

- The other scarezones will be back by Twister, in between Tantrum and Mind Eraser, and the path between Predator and Boomerang.

- All the coasters will be operating, in addition to Rolling Thunder, Giant Wheel, Haymaker, Lasso, Sleighride, Twister, Tin Lizzys and Rodeo Round Up.

So are they constructing a new building for Hotel Terror? Also, how large in scale are the other two haunt mazes going to be?

(On a side note, that was really awkward how there was an entire discussion on the Darien Lake thread about what counts as a Theme park. Just look it up instead of spamming this thread)

No, when going into Viper's queue there was a worker constructing Camp Scumshine (under Viper where the mini golf was), and he said that there will be a haunted house in the Galaxy Theater, obviously under Viper, and in the picnic areas.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Haymaker » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:53 am

alilstronger wrote:
TheAmericanKnight wrote:Also, has anyone heard anything about Ride of Steel getting rethemed back to Superman? I'm kind of hoping they do.

I am kinda hoping they run this park like Great Escape - minus all of the DC/Looney Tunes themeing. That was one things about GE I really enjoyed. It definitely made it seem a lot less corporate for me.

Its already confirmed that its going to be Six Flags branded so I doubt you get your wish. Although other than the Batman stunt show, Looney Tunes kiddie area and S:ROS, there wasnt a ton of theming the last time it was SFDL.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby rjr19 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Haymaker wrote:
alilstronger wrote:

Its already confirmed that its going to be Six Flags branded so I doubt you get your wish. Although other than the Batman stunt show, Looney Tunes kiddie area and S:ROS, there wasnt a ton of theming the last time it was SFDL.

I’m all for the park not being overloaded with DC/Looney Tunes themeing, but RoS is BEGGING for the Superman branding to return. Having S:RoS as the only branding would be perfect. Everybody still calls it Superman still anyways.
Darien Lake is my home park... :?r

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby joelwee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:28 pm

rjr19 wrote:I’m all for the park not being overloaded with DC/Looney Tunes themeing, but RoS is BEGGING for the Superman branding to return. Having S:RoS as the only branding would be perfect. Everybody still calls it Superman still anyways.

I get the feeling that, if/when the park rethemes it to Superman, the general reaction will be, "Wait... since when has it NOT been Superman?"
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Based on my one ride on Viper last weekend, while I didn't specifically look very hard since it wasn't mentioned before, I saw a few little props strewn about below the ride... but nothing I would consider even close to a haunt maze. At least I hope not. Then again I should never expect much from a Six Flags Halloween event.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DarienPoint » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:37 pm

^ The only thing I can think of that it would be similar to is Cornstalkers at various Cedar Fair parks, it's not an indoor haunted house, but rather a haunted maze. They put down new concrete, and now there's a little illusion shed front that says Camp Scumshine (sunshine but sun is crossed out I think haha).
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

I Love Donkeys!

Postby dnn2031 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Hotel Terror in the picnic area, Camp Scumshine beneath the Viper, and the Jungle Apocalypse is in the Galaxy. Also looks like there will be a hay ride, but sounds like in previous years where it might not be a big to-do like the Field Trip was. A number of the areas are being set up by contracted third-party companies rather than in-park entertainment just throwing props together like past years. Also get your last rides on Twister if you're particularly attached to it; it's on the short list to get axed for the new ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!