Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Remember...this used to be a six flags park not too many years ago.

Btw...is that standup coaster still rotting in a field across the street from the park?
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bufbandit » Tue May 22, 2018 3:59 pm

So people are excited that SF is buying the park but yet all the old posts have people bashing SF for ruioning the park. Makes sense

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 22, 2018 4:09 pm

bufbandit wrote:So people are excited that SF is buying the park but yet all the old posts have people bashing SF for ruioning the park. Makes sense

Six Flags is not buying this park.

THE MOTHERF*CKING PRESS RELEASE--SERIOUSLY, IT'S THE FIRST SENTENCE wrote:Six Flags EntertainmentCorporation (NYSE:SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company, today announced it has entered into a purchase agreement with affiliates of Premier Parks, LLC to acquire the lease rights to operate five parks owned by EPR Properties (NYSE:EPR).

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby 3Mutts » Tue May 22, 2018 4:19 pm

thrillrider wrote:Remember...this used to be a six flags park not too many years ago.

Btw...is that standup coaster still rotting in a field across the street from the park?

Yes it is and it will definitely not be rebuilt, it was damaged while they were taking it apart in AstroWorld if anything SF will scrap that hunk of junk. Also IMO good news SF is back in control again, I can definitely see them bringing two trains back for most rides and the retheme of many such as ROS being rethemed back to Superman and the potential that Mind Eraser will get new trains and become the Riddler like they did with the one at SFNE.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Tue May 22, 2018 4:23 pm

3Mutts wrote:
thrillrider wrote:Remember...this used to be a six flags park not too many years ago.

Yes it is and it will definitely not be rebuilt, it was damaged while they were taking it apart in AstroWorld if anything SF will scrap that hunk of junk. Also IMO good news SF is back in control again, I can definitely see them bringing two trains back for most rides and the retheme of many such as ROS being rethemed back to Superman and the potential that Mind Eraser will get new trains and become the Riddler like they did with the one at SFNE.

If they are just operating the park I don't think they have the right to use the the DC comics.

Postby thrillrider » Tue May 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Now only if my six flags pass would work here in late June when we visit.....
Last edited by thrillrider on Tue May 22, 2018 4:30 pm.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 22, 2018 4:30 pm

thesman wrote:
3Mutts wrote:

If they are just operating the park I don't think they have the right to use the the DC comics.

^ Its not uncommon for parks to be owned and operated by separate people and brand then however they want. There’s no basis for that statement.

They haven’t even finalized this deal yet and somehow everyone on the internet knows the terms of it. Amazing...

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 22, 2018 4:31 pm

coasterbill wrote:They haven’t even finalized this deal yet and somehow everyone on the internet knows the terms of it. Amazing...

Have you been on the Internet? :Pr

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Tue May 22, 2018 4:31 pm

coasterbill wrote:
thesman wrote:
3Mutts wrote:

^ Its not uncommon for parks to be owned and operated by separate people and brand then however they want. There’s no basis for that statement.

They haven’t even finalized this deal yet and somehow everyone on the internet knows the terms of it. Amazing...

Im curious how much power sixflags has over the parks if they only operate it

Postby thrillrider » Tue May 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Looking forward to returning to this park in june. Last time I was there it was a six flags park.

One thing I'm bummed about, is that they got rid of 3 very unique rides...u.f.o, raging seas, and ranger.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!