Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Pg 624: Eurofighter to replace crappy log flume in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby mgolwit21 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:15 am

I wish Darien had construction webcams like cedar point has in the past.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Sk610 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 pm

I have a very hard time believing they had 1.5 million people in the park last year. The times I went it was not that busy. Doesn't amusement today publish attendance reports?

On the other topic, I am very happy to see construction start to go vertical on Tantrum. I am interested to see what they do with the rest of the old Thunder Rapids site. That may tell a lot about the money the park has as well as if they leave a spot for a future attraction.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby jconsolmagno » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Sk610 wrote:I have a very hard time believing they had 1.5 million people in the park last year. The times I went it was not that busy. Doesn't amusement today publish attendance reports?

On the other topic, I am very happy to see construction start to go vertical on Tantrum. I am interested to see what they do with the rest of the old Thunder Rapids site. That may tell a lot about the money the park has as well as if they leave a spot for a future attraction.

I remember that 1.5 million number was on Wikipedia last year before I took my first trip to Darien Lake in August 2017. Not saying it's wrong, but it's the same.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Janusz » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Yeah there is absolutely no way that they had over 1 million guests in 2016 or 2017, I'd be willing to believe 600-900k but nothing more than that for either season.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Haymaker » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:28 am

Looking like Memorial Day for Tantrum. Also, early ride hours for people staying on site.

20180426_142725.jpg

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby rjr19 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 am

The new park map was finally added to DL’s website! It appears that they have done away with the “themed” sections of the park on the map.
E1FD2E3E-D347-4C05-9014-66AF58083199.jpeg
2018 Darien Lake map
Darien Lake is my home park! :)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby DarienPoint » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:16 am

Haymaker wrote:Looking like Memorial Day for Tantrum. Also, early ride hours for people staying on site.

20180426_142725.jpg

Where'd you find that?
Darien Lake is my home park. Sad but also proud about that. :lmao: :)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby DarienPoint » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Kinda bummed they got rid of the themed sections on the map, Premier Parks really doesn't like theming, but at least thrilling rides and slides have been arriving to the park, which is great. But I'd really like a good ride with a theme, like a dark ride, it could take up the old Cuda Falls area.
Darien Lake is my home park. Sad but also proud about that. :lmao: :)

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:41 pm

There are only three places in Darien Lake that were kind of themed, the Hook's Lagoon area of the water park, Beaver Brothers Bay which was originally themed around Popeye, then the Looney Tunes, and Rowdy's Ridge. Also when Six Flags owned Darien Lake the area where Ride of Steel was had Superman.

I think that Premier Parks realized that the people don't want themed areas, they want thrilling rides. At least Darien Lake tried theming area under the operations of Six Flags and Herschend.

P.S. the area next to Tantrum where a certain water slide complex was would a great area for future water park or dry park expansion.
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:55 pm

ride of steel wrote:Tantrum's real trains. Why the heck would they choose lava?

To me it looks like someone rattle canned these trains in their backyard, BUT I’m not trashing it, it’s just different. I’m just happy DL is actually getting something new. This is one of those parks that I’ve never visited, but always hangs around in the back of my mind from some YouTube footage of Superman from earlier in the 2000s that I watched when I first got into coasters and theme parks. I almost have this weird quasi-nostaliga associated with it, so it’s cool to see DL getting some love this year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!