Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Pg 667: Six Flags is planning to operate Darien Lake again
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:56 pm

There’s a difference between UFO’s situation and Scrabler’s situation. Scrambler was only removed to make way for the new Rowdy’s Ridge area. UFO was removed because it was old and unreliable.
Darien Lake is my home park! :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby richwoodrocket » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:33 pm

DarienLaker wrote:Now I wonder if they still have all of the slide parts of the old 'Cud Falls slides, if they did have all of the old CF slide parts maybe Six Flags can rebuild the slides with new supports, pipes, and such.

I'm just saying that maybe Darien Lake isn't going send 'Cuda Falls to the scrapyard since the slides are still on the park's property, just in storage.

I don't think the slides would go to a scrapyard, considering i believe they are fiberglass. Not much you can do with them besides chuck them in a landfill to get rid of them.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby jconsolmagno » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:27 pm

boldikus wrote:
DarienLaker wrote:Now I wonder if they still have all of the slide parts of the old 'Cud Falls slides, if they did have all of the old CF slide parts maybe Six Flags can rebuild the slides with new supports, pipes, and such.

I'm just saying that maybe Darien Lake isn't going send 'Cuda Falls to the scrapyard since the slides are still on the park's property, just in storage.

dri.gif

Didn't realize Philly had any cups until you posted that sir... GO PENS

Anyways... was Cuda Falls a replica of the Sharks slides at SFWOA or something completely different? Seem similiar.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dnn2031 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 am

Being perpetually in flux of being for sale and in the process of bought makes it hard to do much with capital assets (even if they're junk but still on the books). Especially after the aforementioned issues with PARC on their way out. Likewise why Batman took so long due to insurance claims processing and making sure the money went to the right pockets before, yeah, it could finally be scrapped.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Sk610 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:55 am

With the park in constant flux, keeping all of those things around are actual assets that could be used in a sale to add value to the park. CF is probably just getting ready to go to the dump, just like they took that old standup coaster to the scrap yard

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:35 am

jconsolmagno wrote:
boldikus wrote:

dri.gif

Didn't realize Philly had any cups until you posted that sir... GO PENS

Anyways... was Cuda Falls a replica of the Sharks slides at SFWOA or something completely different? Seem similiar.

That moment when someone online sees your location and tries to trash talk your sports team but they don't pay attention enough to realize you give absolutely zero f*cks about hockey or any other sport. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Also, that's a glass, not a cup. Better luck next time! ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:59 am

Sk610 wrote:CF is probably just getting ready to go to the dump

Cix Flags?
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Haymaker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:35 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
Sk610 wrote:CF is probably just getting ready to go to the dump

Cix Flags?

Cuda Falls

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Opening this thread reminded me that it's almost beer-thirty.

Cheers!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby DarienPoint » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:57 am

Went to the park yesterday to support my friends at the music festival performing in chorus, and it was fun! Rode a few rides with them after awards (which we won a few. =) ) and the lines were okay.

Rode:

Boomerang 3x
Mind Eraser 1x
Predator 1x
Ride Of Steel 1x
Viper 1x
Bear Valley Bumper Buggies 3x
Haymaker 1x
Darien Lake is my home park. Sad but also proud about that. :lmao: :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!