TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

So I am going to post this question to the group. Do you think SF allows the individual parks to create their own theming and props for events like fright fest, or do you think they mass produced some of these props and send them to the parks?

I am looking at those two large standing reapers and things like the fried brains funnel cake stand and such as examples.

I've seen a few things at Great Adventure that I know to be from Oak Island Creative (like when they had that giant walk through pumpkin), though I don't believe they're responsible for the majority of the Fright Fest events (Because generally speaking if Oak Island does something then it's actually good). They are responsible for the majority of the Holiday in the Park events though.

IIRC they had a group from the Carolinas do most of Camp Scumshine and the jungle haunted house and a local group for the hotel to the tune of a $million+. Don't think it was necessarily corporate directed, though, other than the branding and stuff like the coffin contest.

Yeah that chef put a knife within a few inches of me into the wall, then chased me out lol.

I’m glad to hear that the scare actors are actually being scary. That’s similar to the houses at Cedar Point where they will chase you out of the house (sometimes even further) if they feel you’re susceptible to that / if it will give a good scare.

Again, the houses at Cedar Point are free. But that’s beside the point. Good to hear that the houses are performing as they should

Side note: I find it funny that since I go so often, I know who's a regular scare actor, or someone they just brought in (THEY DO accept walk-ins, which I WISH I could do, but gotta wait one more year for basically ANY decent job. ), and I start making friends with ride operators.

My personal favorite scare actors: screampunk girl (has goggles, walks around, likes to hang around various props like swinging around a pole or etc), plague doctor (not hard to spot out, very eerie, will follow you around, and only make a sound once he jump scares you), ticket booth kid (glasses, lots of face makeup, bloody suspenders, will stagger around following people).

Edited by DarienPoint

^ Haven't interacted with them before, I have a ride op on both Predator and Ride of Steel that I both talk to if they're there, RoS' operator is super funny, told me a story about how she was racing someone on checking restraints and missed the restraint and slammed her finger into the seat .

Man I love DL ops!

Honestly agree 101%

They're super friendly, and are willing to strike up a conversation with you(didn't even wave at the RoS operator at the time, but we made eye contact and she waved haha.), or will make the PA speech "welcome to (ride name), blah blah blah have a good ride!" funny or add a twist onto it.

Honestly don't mind ads in parks as long as they are not excessive to the point where its all you see all over the park to the point where you can't look anywhere without seeing a massive ad, we all know what a snickers bar is and we will buy it if we want to. Its kind of like Nascar, if there were no ads it would lose something with just blank cars.