Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Pg 667: Six Flags is planning to operate Darien Lake again
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby dnn2031 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:44 am

There's a lot of stuff back in that area so could be anything. Electrical substation, greenhouse, wastewater treatment, and fireworks storage magazine are all down that access road.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rjr19 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:25 pm

I was at the park today. I noticed that they were moving all the old ‘Cuda Falls pieces into the old Batman field. It just doesn’t make sense as to why there are moving them there even though they likely have no plans of reconstructing them.
Darien Lake is my home park! :)

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Haymaker » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:02 pm

rjr19 wrote:I was at the park today. I noticed that they were moving all the old ‘Cuda Falls pieces into the old Batman field. It just doesn’t make sense as to why there are moving them there even though they likely have no plans of reconstructing them.

To. Dispose. Of. Them.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby pryonisys » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:34 am

Haymaker wrote:
rjr19 wrote:I was at the park today. I noticed that they were moving all the old ‘Cuda Falls pieces into the old Batman field. It just doesn’t make sense as to why there are moving them there even though they likely have no plans of reconstructing them.

To. Dispose. Of. Them.

But... all old torn down rides that end up in that field always get put back up in the park... oh, wait...

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:53 pm

So a deal has popped up! If you're a SF or Darien Lake season pass holder, you can go to a website to add on a park for only $20 (I know this was talked about but now you can do it online)!

Found this from the SF corporation forum, where anonymouscactus wrote:

https://mypass.sixflags.com/welcomeoffer.aspx will walk you through the process. You enter some info, they send you a promo code, and you buy your pass online. I went through the process of using a SFMM pass to buy a Darien Lake thrill pass but ultimately decided against it as it does not include parking or any other benefits other than admission.

https://mypass.sixflags.com/welcomeoffer.aspx , so if you're interested, go ahead! :br
Darien Lake is my home park. Sad but also proud about that. :lmao: :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Hmmmm.... :p
scannedimage-30__medium__2.jpg
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby SaraAB87 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:41 pm

CoasterGuy06 wrote:
y2lukin wrote:I also believe maybe the biggest factor is they actually want the lineup to take a long time. The longer people are in the park, the more tempting to spend money. With a smaller park with fewer coasters such as DL, they don't want you to be finished in a couple of hours and leave. My thoughts anyway.

They aren't spending money while they are standing in line. People get frustrated when they stand in lines all day.

rjr19 wrote:Also, do you think Six Flags would purchase another RoS train, considering the age gap there would be between the two trains? There would be a 3 year gap between the ages of them.

One train on The Raven at Holiday World is 10 years older than the other train. Knott's recently acquired a third train for Silver Bullet which opened in 2004. While not Six Flags parks, it has been done before.

THIS! People who get stuck waiting in a line for 2-3 hours are not spending money in the park, they are standing there getting frustrated and angry that they are wasting their time in the line for a ride that lasts all of 2-3 minutes at the most and sometimes as little as 90 seconds. Frustrated guests also do not return to the park (bad for DL as they rely on a lot of local business) and tend to leave early because they see the waits at every ride and simply do not want to stay in the park because it becomes not worth it to wait in another 3 hour line for a ride. This is a park that fails hard on super busy days and is fine on days when there are not massive crowds.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rjr19 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Exactly! The one train ops are absolutely unacceptable for a park of DL’s size. For example, when I visited the park on Saturday, I arrived early, so crowds would be minimal. It was great, short waits for everything! Once it hit around 4 PM, the park gained some crowds, but nothing much, still appeared pretty light. I brought family that lives out of town. They didn’t realize DL only runs one train all the time. They figured earlier when it was empty, they would only run one, so they didn’t think much of it.

When the crowds came, it was a total change of attitude for them. They were shocked that there weren’t second trains to be put on when crowds began to build. Even a three ride wait for Viper took forever in their eyes, because they are so used to multiple trains running on coasters. They said that they wouldn’t mind never returning because of the crappy, cheap operations of DL’s rides.
Darien Lake is my home park! :)

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Location: Crystal Beach, Ontario circa 1969 via the Wabac Machine

Postby Mr.Peabody » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:14 am

Think there's any chance of them getting a Joker 4-d? I loved the one at Great Adventure though I'd like to see one about two minutes longer. It'd be a good fit for the park, too. That or an RMC treatment of the Predator would mean an instant season pass purchase for me.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 am

^ THIS! Same thought process I have, those would both be awesome additions.

They could possibly do both, as 4D free fly's (someone back me up here, but I don't know if it's true) are cheaper than other coasters Six Flags adds, so in a span of 3-5 years they could add that and RMC Predator.
Darien Lake is my home park. Sad but also proud about that. :lmao: :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!