TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Did anybody else notice that Thunder Rapids is the image of the ground underneath Tantrum? Looks like they just put the Tantrum animation over a google maps view of the park or something.

Yeah, and how Mind Eraser just started going all traveling coaster on us.

Edited by ride of steel

Did anybody else notice that Thunder Rapids is the image of the ground underneath Tantrum? Looks like they just put the Tantrum animation over a google maps view of the park or something.

Haha... maybe theyre keeping some of it as a water feature

That animation's gonna party like it's 1999.

I know they're on a budget, but why even bother? Showing videos of Iron Shark and Hydrus and adding filters (like their last video) honestly looks much better. In the end though, I guess who cares?

"I guess who cares" is correct!

Enthusiasts should need an accurate video to know what it will look like.

The general public doesn't care about 100% accuracy.

10 year anniversary of Moto quite literal coaster, plus a new ride. Isn't it Boomerangs anniversary aswell?

*Edit as I have mentioned my phone does not agree with Chrome the autocorrect does not work at all.(Not to mention my phones keyboard was desinged for ants.) It usually corrects for the worse, sorry for any trouble I've caused and thank you for pointing my mistakes.*

Edited by ride of steel

10 year aniversary of Moto quite litteral coaster, plus a new ride. Isn't it Boomerangs aniversary aswell?

First off, please check your spelling. You have become very well known for not checking your posts before actually posting them.

To answer your question, there are two anniversaries coming in 2018. Motocoaster will be 10 years old and Boomerang will be 20 years old.

October weekends return! Friday's in May are new too.

Yes! So much yes! Did everyone else get the mailer too?

With Darien adding an extra 2° to the Iron Shark/Euro 380 design, Tantrum will be the 9th steepest coaster.(Along with Fahrenheit, Vild-Svinet, and about six others I belive.)

I still haven’t gotten the mailer this year... but I’m still not too happy with the October situation. Fantasy Island is going to be open until Halloween for the 2018 season while DL is only open for a few weekends in October, also while closing at 5 or 7 pm, which is far too early. I’m disappointed.

I still haven’t gotten the mailer this year... but I’m still not too happy with the October situation. Fantasy Island is going to be open until Halloween for the 2018 season while DL is only open for a few weekends in October, also while closing at 5 or 7 pm, which is far too early. I’m disappointed.

The weather wouldve been terrible this year for Halloween weekend. I get why they dont. Its risky and staffing is tough. This way they finish on Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, which is a big camping weekend.

October weekends return! Friday's in May are new too.

Yes! So much yes! Did everyone else get the mailer too?

With Darien adding an extra 2° to the Iron Shark/Euro 380 design, Tantrum will be the 9th steepest coaster.(Along with Fahrenheit, Vild-Svinet, and about six others I belive.)

Hold up, wait a minute. Darien Lake is calling their new coaster Tantrum? That is superstar level trolling.

So they moved the pieces inside the park to start construction? Back-to-back coasters in 2018 and 2019 confirmed.

Now if only something could happen to the plot of land once occupied by an infamous waterslide complex...

The pieces are being incorporated into Tantrum

Driving past the park today it was actually pretty interesting to see that plot of land (mostly) without track. It makes me wonder if they’re actually scrapping it finally or if they’re just moving it further down the road so guests can’t see it. Regardless I’m glad it’s getting taken away in some way or another so people will stop asking about it now we can look forward to the arrival of Tantrum track whenever that will be. Hopefully Darien took some destruction photos of thunder rapids and will take photos of Tantrum’s construction. It would be cool to see the whole process!