Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 660: Howl-o-Scream begins!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby netdvn » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:25 am

Nobody's been trained on the coaster yet as far as I know so soft opening will not happen this week (unless they're training people on the ride right now).
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:30 am

RoCo wrote:Another rockin' update and bonus points for the Rocky Horror reference. So to all those who aren't excited about this coaster, I can only say, "They didn't make it... FOR YOU!"

Agreed...and :lmao:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/7dc3f4130065cd34f8975814ae494df5.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/b7ac844e53348fbc2ec435ea14a13b09.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jay20016 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:27 pm

The more I see of this, the more it seems to rock. :D

Though, if there was one complaint, I'm a bit disappointed on the bridge with the old BBW dive to the river as it would look infinitely cooler (at least IMO) if the bridge facade extended a few more sections out and made it look as if you're falling through a hole in it. Throw in some debris on the ground from where it collapsed and what not, and you've got some pretty easy theme elements + potential to up the intensity with head choppers and close calls.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:13 pm

netdvn wrote:Nobody's been trained on the coaster yet as far as I know so soft opening will not happen this week (unless they're training people on the ride right now).

Every time a new ride is built, "soft opening" rumors sprout like dandelions.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:31 pm

I'm wondering, are the sides of the bridge going to be filled in, or is it just going to remain the frame like that?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:48 pm

^The concept art implies that there's more to be done; then again, there's "concept" and there's "reality." Time will tell. I'd like to see them enclose the bridge a bit more.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:57 pm

^Yeah I agree that it would look better if they added more to it like the concept art. But that's why concept art is concept art.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:05 pm

^We'll see. There were guys working on the bridge last weekend, and a crane was still parked next to it. Maybe there's more material waiting to be hauled up.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Yeah, even if it just entailed them better disguising the red metal frame of the bridge, that would be enough for me. Hopefully we'll see a few finishing touches on the bridge before the ride opens!
Last Ride: Space Mountain: Mission 2 (DLP)
Next Ride: Intimidator 305 (KD)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bgjames » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:14 pm

I don't think they will add anything else to the bridge, at least not something like siding. The plans that were leaked of the bridge look just as the bridge does now. The only thing that I think still needs to be added is possibly a sign at the entrance of the bridge. Other than that, I think it is pretty much finished.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!