Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 997 - Report from Christmas Town
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:53 pm

Is Le Scoot being removed? I loved the way the last drop brought you right beside Alpengeist's zero g roll.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:50 am

^It's still on the park's map on their Web site (but hard to see the way it's crammed next to Alpengeist). So, no, Le Scoot doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby DragonLord » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:39 pm

^^ That was simply a suggestion by myself based on nothing substantial. There have always been tons of rumors about what the park was doing, but I think most of that comes as a response to the secretive nature of the park. They don't give away too many hints but if you work there or live around it, there always seems to be a little rumor floating. I suppose most parks are probably like that, my experinence is with BGW though. Anyway, what I am saying is that when I worked there in '97 that the New France/ Aquitaine section of the park needed something new. They never really got around to it though. The biggest rumor of course, was that New France would become Switzerland hence Alpengeist's location but it never happened. They decided to change Heatherdowns into Ireland instead. My suggestions are simply based on old rumors and a general knowledge of how Busch is.

(Sorry, long post to explain something simple) ::oops::

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:22 pm

^That's OK--I hinted at the same thing myself, earlier.

Good to the last drop

The Official "BGE's Griffon" Discussion Thread

Postby ECZenith » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:16 pm

http://www.jccegov.com/newsreleases/cur ... 22107.html

Whatever it is they're getting, it's going to be around 210' tall and as previously mentioned will be in the New France section. Definately time to add a new coaster at BGW, should be interesting to see what this ends up being.

I apologize if this is old news.

Structure Height Simulation - Busch Gardens, Williamsburg Expansion

Date: February 17, 2006
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Phone: (757) 253-6685
Fax:
Email: planning@james-city.va.us

Notice is hereby given that a balloon test will be conducted on Friday February 24, 2006; to simulate the height of a 210-foot tall structure. This test is being done as part of Case No. SUP-02-06 and HW-01-06: Busch Gardens, Williamsburg Expansion. The balloon will be in the air from approximately 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The initial meeting place for the test will be at 9:30 a.m. in the parking lot for the old Fire Station #2 facility at 8421 Pocahontas Trail (please use the parking lot for the unused station house only). The balloon will be extended from the location of the future expansion inside Busch Gardens Theme Park, which can be further identified as Parcel No. (51-4) on the James City County Tax Map No. (1-9). In case of unfavorable weather conditions, a make-up balloon test will be held on Monday, February 27, 2006, from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Maps depicting the site of the balloon test are available from the James City County Planning Division, 101-A Mounts Bay Road, Williamsburg, VA 23187. Please call the James City County Planning Division at (757) 253-6685 for further information.
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:29 am.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:21 pm

Very interesting. I'll keep an eye on this. ;)

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby coaster_type_of_person » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:25 pm

It is a new coaster. It's been confirmed already. The station is supposed to be the centerpice of the coaster though.

Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:27 pm

I agree, this is very interesting. Especially since Sheikra is only 200' tall...

They already have an awesome hyper, and BGW doesn't seem like the type of park to put in a standard drop tower, especially with a taller one not too far away.

Yippie! Could it really be another Dive Machine?!

-Don

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:34 pm

Jeezus Juice wrote:I agree, this is very interesting. Especially since Sheikra is only 200' tall...

Yippie! Could it really be another Dive Machine?!

-Don

It's possible. They put in Alpengeist shortly after Montu, so maybe they'll do the same with a dive machine. This time it would be two years apart instead of one. ;)

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:47 pm

I hate to be a part of unfounded rumors, but this really DOES sounds like another Dive Machine.

// I welcome our new Swiss overlords
Ted

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!