Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 993 - Report from Howl-o-Scream
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:11 am

Johnny Upsidedown wrote: Does the park have height limits that they would need special approvel for.
J.

As far as I know, the biggest challenge the park faces is King's Mill. The King's Mill people always complain about attractions at BGW, even though there quite a good amount of forest between the two. Apollo's Chariot was originally planned to be taller, but the had to scale it down to get approval.

Coasters, Sex, and Rock & Roll

Postby shepp » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:15 pm

coaster_type_of_person wrote:
UberBeavis wrote:If they do build a dive machine in France, "Surrender To Your Fears" would be a great tagline for the ride :evil:

That is an awesome tagline. i like the way you think.

Well, since we're going there...

Does Busch Gardens have to post signs over the urinals telling me I live in "the greatest country in the world?" I mean, there's a time and place for everything, even jingoism, but can't I even take a pee sans propaganda?

And hey, if they named the new coaster "Weapon of Mass Destruction," they wouldn't even have to build it...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby GAcoaster » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:25 pm

^ Normally I'm put off by those kinds of things, but in this case they made an interesting point about Miller being owned by a foreign company (South African Brewing). I didn't realize that, and I don't think most people do.

Busch does so much for our service people, I give them a pass on maybe going a little overboard on the "Buy American Beer" thing.

*$2*

Postby s2pids2 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:05 am

shepp wrote:And hey, if they named the new coaster "Weapon of Mass Destruction," they wouldn't even have to build it...

...be carefull, the Government might have to send a whole horde of people there for no reason if you mention any War related criteria.

A good business opportunity!
my mom dropped us off at the park and ride and gave me a dollar.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:49 pm

Drachen Fire was a weapon of crass concussions.

:vekoma:

*$2*

Postby s2pids2 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:26 am

^ Back in the Day it was a great coaster, I was sad to see it go. BUT they desperately need a new ride to replace it now, and i really can see a floorless coaster being built in it's place...themed to some German legend/story.

Coming in 2007, 'Hansel and Gretel...The RIDE!' ::roll::
my mom dropped us off at the park and ride and gave me a dollar.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:04 am

^Have to disagree with you there--I thought it was a migraine machine from day one. It left me with huge bruises on either shoulder the first time I rode it (during its inaugural year).

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby DragonLord » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:52 pm

Drachen Fire was not as bad as people make it out to be. I mean, look at how many garbage coasters are out there right now that seem to get a free pass. Anaconda, Carolina Cyclone, Ninja, Vortex, and I could go on and on. They hurt just as bad if not worse, BGW just didn't want to deal with it anymore and worried about it's image to the general public. Plus no one rode it, so the operating costs outweighed it's usefulness. Hence, bye-bye. Busch still carries that scar and will unitl another coaster is built I believe.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:43 pm

^Unlike PKD, which exhibits no shame by clinging to Anaconda. :devil: The last time I rode Anaconda (October 2005), it didn't seem as rough as in years past--or perhaps I'd done a better job of bracing myself.

I do not mourn Drachen Fire. I just felt it was a beautiful-looking, but poorly designed coaster. But it did have a few fans.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby DragonLord » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:32 pm

^ Drachen Fire was a gorgeous roller coaster. Of course, I'm partial, I worked on it. I do miss it very much, but it had to go. Too many complaints.

Anyway, like I had said I do think Busch wants to build a new coaster to erase the memories of Drachen Fire and get people looking forward again. Granted Alpengeist and Apollos Chariot were built after DF, but no coaster has been built since it was removed. BGW always tries to stay ahead of the competition so I think a dive machine makes the most sense. That is if it is a coaster at all, perhaps a Journey to Atlantis type ride to replace Le Scoot or a Huss thrill ride. No matter what, it sure will continue the buzz for the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!