Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1051 - Christmas Town "hard-hat" tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:12 pm

This is an awesome addition. I love how Seaworld literally works with every manufacturer. And yes, S&S really is on a roll!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:13 pm

So happy to see this going up at BGW!!!! Also a water coaster is something a huge great water park like Water Country USA needs.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:35 pm

Nice! I haven't been on one of these yet but I'll give this one a shot. Finally made a visit for the first time to water country USA and absolutely loved it so that water coaster addition will make an already awesome water park even better.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:50 pm

I think Finnegan's Flyer is a good choice for Ireland, but I'm more intrigued by Cutback, the water coaster. Should be a lot better than Meltdown, the ride it's replacing.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Omg. Yes!!! So glad to see the park getting a Screamin' Swing!!! :lover:
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:28 pm

More parks need to put in Screamin' Swings. They should be the next flat Six Flags invests in after they're done loading their parks with Discoveries!

This is an awesome edition. It did confuse me for a second because I didn't realize there were 3 (technically 4) versions of the Screamin' Swing so when I saw 45mph as the speed I thought it was an error because I know Skyhawk is 65mph. I then quickly found out that Skyhawk is the largest, 40 person model and this is the medium sized 32 model.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:17 am

Great additions on both counts! Looking forward to riding both of these when we visit again next year.

We actually ended up making our 2nd annual pilgrimage to Williamsburg over this past Labor Day weekend, and since I'm rapidly discovering that hey, waterparks are actually kind of fun after all, we ended up visiting Water Country USA for the first time with everyone. Surprisingly on Saturday it was pretty dead, with most of the stuff being walk-ons and only about a 20 minute wait for Big Daddy Falls. My son and I did Colossal Curl twice in a row within the span of ten minutes. God, that thing is amazing and balls-out terrifying when going down it backwards. Unfortunately passing thunderstorms ended up running us out of the park around 3 PM on Saturday, so we retreated to our hotel's pool instead.

On Sunday we ended up taking a second shot at WCUSA and the crowd levels were considerably jacked up. We didn't get to do nearly everything in the park, but we had fun chilling out on the lazy river, checking out some of the kid-friendly areas for our littlest, trying out the body slides back in Rock 'n' Roll Island, and finishing off with the pitch black nightmare that is Aquazoid. None of us literally had any idea which direction we were travelling at any point in this ride, and as we splashed down into the pool at the end, we were just left looking at each other like "what the heck just happened?!".

We decided to leave around 3 to get cleaned up and changed, and headed over to Busch Gardens proper after a late lunch around 6 PM. Talk about slammed -- as bad as it was over at WCUSA, BGW was ten times worse. All the walking paths were crammed with groups everywhere, and though we were expecting the heat to taper off in the evening, it was just so humid that within a few minutes of entering the gates we were drenched. We didn't end up getting a chance to do much of anything; the four of us rode Grover's Alpine Express together, then the big kiddo and I went off to Apollo's Chariot for his first ever B&M hyper experience (thanks, 52" height requirement!). We ended up waiting about 45 minutes for the front row, and by the time we pulled out of the station the sun had set and it was just dark enough for a bit of mystery. Long story short? He absolutely LOVED it and promptly declared it his new #1 favorite coaster. I promised him we'd come back during a slower season and marathon the crap out of it. Unfortunately by the time we caught up with the ladies, my three-year-old daughter was in the throes of a full-on toddler meltdown thanks to the heat, so we finished off the night by giving the kids a ride on their Lil Balloons, grabbing some glowy Sesame Street stuff from a souvenir stand, and heading back to the comfort of our air-conditioned car to watch the fireworks show from afar.

In any case, lesson learned... probably don't visit on Labor Day weekend next year. :lol:
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:19 am

Sweeeeeeet. I've always wanted to try the larger model Screamin Swings. Can't wait! :airtime:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pryonisys » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:39 am

Looks like a really good addition. I'll be very interested to see how it fits in with the appearance of the park, I'm sure that BGW will make it look great.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:36 am

Hooray more S&S swings! This looks like a great location for one, especially in that part of the park.

Another saucer water coaster eh? I'm surprised as to how popular they are given the reviews. Are they more cost effective due to less up hill sections?
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!