Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1046 - Howl-o-Scream media event
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:43 pm

The whole location thing would be easy to work around with a Dive Machine. I have been to BGT penty of times and when I heard they were building SheiKra in Stanleyville I was pretty shocked because I had no clue there was any room left in Stanleyville, but it fit in quite nicely

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby GAcoaster » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:05 pm

The application for the height variance said "France", not "New France". I thought this was interesting since there was a rumor that the LeMans cars were going away (or moving). They take up a lot of space, and are on the edge of the big drop to the Rhine. That would be an ideal area for building a new coaster.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:21 pm

^That makes sense--France doesn't have much in the way of attractions except for Le Mans and a skyway station (and I doubt the big theatre is going anywhere). There are some "virgin" woods between France and Ireland.

But time will tell.

EDIT (for clarification): The Gazette article did mention "France" and not "New France." Apparently, a test balloon was seen floating in the vicinity of Alpengeist, which had me thinking "New France"; however, 'Geist is fairly close to the LeMans Raceway (in "France"), too. Hmm--not sure I clarified anything here . . . :?r

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:49 pm

I predict terrain woodie!

(random, I know, but I think the dive coaster will come later!)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:58 pm

^With the not so great response Gwazi got, I would not expect BGW to get a wooden coaster.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:45 am

If I recall correctly, isn't there some restriction with BGW and wooden coasters? Aren't they not allowed to build one because of the noise levels and King's Mill? I'm not sure about this, but Im pretty sure there's something with BGW and wooden coasters

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:00 am

^You're probably right, although I'm not certain about this. Anytime BGW builds a new coaster, Kingsmill residents go ape about noise, "that damn amusement park," etc. So a restriction against rumbling woodies wouldn't be surprising.

I guess those folks didn't notice the huge theme park in their backyards when they purchased their $1,000,000 homes. :roll: But Busch does a pretty good job using terrain to hide the "offending" structures from the upper-crust golfing set.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby UberBeavis » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:27 am

If they do build a dive machine in France, "Surrender To Your Fears" would be a great tagline for the ride :evil:

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby ShannonSomerville » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:25 am

Whatever they're getting,it's fine with me. As for Curse of DarKastle,when I rode it,it was ok. SES

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:49 pm

Here is a newly filed trademark by Busch Ent.
Wonder if it has to do with the new ride going in BGW.
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f= ... fcfnm.12.3

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!