Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 992 - Bierfest and Howl-o-Scream prep
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:58 am

Just finished riding it three more times. I definitely like it a lot more now than I did after just one ride yesterday. We managed to experience all three of the different effects on the drop section. Definitely seems to be more of a front row ride, though. Zach, I noticed the rattling as well when I rode in the back section of the train. Coaster didn't blow me away, but it was still fun.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby defrocker » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:28 am

While I have plenty of experience at this park, I've never been to Bier Fest. I was contemplating going on Sept 3. It's the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Has anyone been on Labor Day weekend that can speak to the crowds?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:28 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:Coaster didn't blow me away, but it was still fun.

I'd agree with that. It's almost a break from your typical force focused coasters. I like it a lot, but I would probably ride it less than what we normaly do during our visits if it wasn't Emily's favorite coaster in the park. I can definitely say that I'm not a fan of how packed the station gets. It seems like it takes quite a while to board a train.

I actually think my favorite ride overall is Le Scoot. We rode it four times without getting off near the end of the day during our last visit, in July.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:51 pm

defrocker wrote:While I have plenty of experience at this park, I've never been to Bier Fest. I was contemplating going on Sept 3. It's the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Has anyone been on Labor Day weekend that can speak to the crowds?

It'll be busier than a "normal" Sunday, but still manageable.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:14 am

Shame they didn't get Coasterbill for this.

Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby SLCHeadache » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:37 am

prozach626 wrote:
michaellynn4 wrote:Coaster didn't blow me away, but it was still fun.

I'd agree with that. It's almost a break from your typical force focused coasters. I like it a lot, but I would probably ride it less than what we normaly do during our visits if it wasn't Emily's favorite coaster in the park. I can definitely say that I'm not a fan of how packed the station gets. It seems like it takes quite a while to board a train.

I actually think my favorite ride overall is Le Scoot. We rode it four times without getting off near the end of the day during our last visit, in July.

Eh, I wouldn't call Verbolten less forceful. The ending is pretty slamming.
Top steel: Intimidator 305 / Fury 325 / Twisted Colossus / Storm Runner / Tatsu
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:17 am

boldikus wrote:Shame they didn't get Coasterbill for this.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: This is great.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:47 am

I'm supposed to go to BGW tomorrow for a work function. We originally were going to KD but it turns out KD is closed?? so we moved things to BGW. I haven't been there in 4 years. Unfortunately, I may have to blow it off because last night my dog started having a hind leg issue and I'm not sure I want to leave him for the day in case something happens like he falls over and can't get up. He's a very active working dog so it's hard to keep him quiet. Yes I have a vet appt scheduled to get him checked out. Anyway, assuming he's feeling better I'll be going to the park tomorrow. Have any of you seen the evening show All For One? If so, is it any good? It appears Celtic Fyre isn't playing anymore which is a bummer. I always watch the animal shows. Are the effects on DarKastle working better these days?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:07 am

^I thought it kind of odd that KD went to weekend operation before Labor Day. The area schools start back Sept. 5th.
It also appears that Celtic Fyre is only showing on weekends starting this week (of course next week they start weekend only ops anyway).
Current Coaster Count: 82
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby defrocker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 am

All for One is a really good show. However, I was really looking forward to this, seeing that it is their nighttime "spectacular." The stunts were very good, but the show was a little bit busy to watch, and sadly a little bit of a disappointment. Chalk it up to anticipointment for me, but I would have rather been getting night rides on Griffon (which you are staring at the entire show.)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!