TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised the website doesn't have operating hours posted for 2018. Anyone know the schedule for March and April?

Ditto

I have tweeted BGW twice with no response. I'd really like to know their April hours since Easter in on April 1st and King's Dominion is open that entire next week. I am hoping to fly up and marathon ride Twisted Timbers but also bop down to BGW if they're open as well.

I'm really hoping to finally make it to Busch Gardens Williamsburg this year.

Do you guys think that their Food and Wine festival (June) is worth it? Or should I try to go earlier in the season to try to get lower crowds and better weather.

Also, has their been any news about Curse of Darkastle? I see it on their website, which makes me hopeful...

They have announced their 2018 schedule and people are SUPER upset they are open Christmas day

People are upset that Busch Gardens "Christmas Town" is open on Christmas???

#dumb

Are they the same ones that are glad "we are finally allowed to say Christmas again?"

Wow, upset the park is open xmas day ? Have they even tried to get in the Tampa park on xmas ? It goes to capacity. Then of course there's the Disney parks and Universal. DW has to close the gates due to hitting capacity. I can pretty much tell what crowd is against the park being open, and obviously it isn't the popular opinion.

They have announced their 2018 schedule and people are SUPER upset they are open Christmas day

#dumb

Some people just aren't happy unless they're b*tching about something.

giphy.gif

#dumb

Some people just aren't happy unless they're b*tching about something.

giphy.gif

If you want proof of that, just look at the social media reaction to the Dixie Stampede name change. Ay-yi-yi...

I guess I will break down my thoughts a little bit. I will say that I, as well as a majority of people in this part of the country don't like for businesses to be open on major holidays. That being said, I'm sure that there is a decent potential for them to do quite a bit of business (and also a potential for this to be a flop, but they won't know until they try it.) Since we are talking about a chain that is in turmoil and we are talking about the park that seems to be shouldering the biggest portion of the burden as far as making money goes, this makes sense from a business standpoint. Call me on the fence on this one. If I were local I would not attend as it's just too much against everything I know. But if it could possibly help the chain that I love, by all means.

I guess I will break down my thoughts a little bit. I will say that I, as well as a majority of people in this part of the country don't like for businesses to be open on major holidays. That being said, I'm sure that there is a decent potential for them to do quite a bit of business (and also a potential for this to be a flop, but they won't know until they try it.) Since we are talking about a chain that is in turmoil and we are talking about the park that seems to be shouldering the biggest portion of the burden as far as making money goes, this makes sense from a business standpoint. Call me on the fence on this one. If I were local I would not attend as it's just too much against everything I know. But if it could possibly help the chain that I love, by all means.

This.

Usually if they open, people will come. I think it'll probably be a big success. I wouldn't go personally though, because I think *everything* should be closed on major holidays like christmas and thanksgiving. Those days should be kept sacred. I just have too many scars from when I worked in retail and completely and totally resenting having to work on those days.

Some people end up having 2 or more family get-togethers on different days, and then some end up with their 1 or 2 on a different day other than Christmas. I know the last xmas Eve was the last really nice day of the season and SFA was closed, so they may at least change that. It does seem different than Florida, where lots of people aren't having the traditional celebration, at least not while they're there.

I could see some families making a Christmas Day visit to BGW part of their own Christmas traditions. It's an interesting experiment, and I'm curious to see how it pans out.

Also, has their been any news about Curse of Darkastle? I see it on their website, which makes me hopeful...

We have an answer, but you're not going to like it.

The park is closing it and replacing it with essentially nothing. You can help them name their new event space though. Gartensburg Castle, NewKastle or Oktoberfest Palaste? Comment with your choice from these 3 (only 1 vote per person)... poll ends Jan. 26 at noon.

I'm not joking.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

We thought we'd say goodbye to Curse of DarKastle with this final ride (digitally of course). The ride building will transform into a special events venue starting this year. While the ride maintained a loyal following over the last 13 years, we will be able to now offer new & exciting opportunities for Howl-O-Scream, Christmas Town & other events. With that said, we want you to choose the name for the new event space. Which would you prefer: Gartensburg Castle, NewKastle or Oktoberfest Palaste? Comment below with your choice from these 3 (only 1 vote per person)... poll ends Jan. 26 at noon.
Edited by jedimaster1227