Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 322 - Report from Magic Kingdom "After Hours" event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:51 am

I was initially a bit skeptical of this event given the price point it's at for just 3 hours of park time but it really does look like a unique experience (and the 3 hours is really 6). You can get a lot done in 6 hours especially when the place is completely empty for 3 of them.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:33 pm

This really looks like an awesome option for those that don't want to deal with the crowds or simply want some extra time to enjoy the most popular attractions in the park! Definitely would be the kind of thing I'd consider if I was in on a short trip and wanted to maximize my time in the Magic Kingdom!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby jray21 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:02 pm

cfc wrote:This looks great! I've never seen the Peter Pan and Seven Dwarfs rides this empty.

Yeah, that was the most amazing part!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:06 pm

This event looks amazing. Six full hours at (IMO) the greatest park on Earth, three of which are essentially ERT? Including free snacks and drinks? And where the attractions are walk-ons? If I were visiting Orlando this summer, Disney would have my money in a heartbeat. This is a ticketed event that would be worth every penny to me.
Total Coasters: 139

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:46 pm

While normally an 'early bird' ("Cock-a-Doodle-Doo!"), I would definitely dive into a DisneyAfterHours event.  Having the park "almost" to oneself under a moonscape of Disney magic would enhance the fun of favorite rides, fantastical features and events. "AfterHours" is, for sure, how I would LOVE to experience Disney! I'd happily close up the park. ;)

Alice

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 pm

It would be a perfect way to enjoy the MK, if you arrived maybe the late morning of a day.
They you get to do the Late Hours Event thing that arrival day, and it really gets you
roaring for the upcoming long day visits!

And probably exhausts you, totally, for a good first night's sleep, LOL! :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby VACoasterdude » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Attended the Magic Kingdom After Hours event last night (July 21). Had a great time! I purchased my ticket a few days before the event and was able to schedule 3 fast pass rides before my arrival. They let us into the park starting at 6:35pm. Saw cast members selling the After Hours tickets in park for $132+ tax and a couple of guests actually buying them.

It turned out to be a beautiful evening without any rain. Really enjoyed the fireworks and not having to rush off immediately after to catch a few rides before the park closed! Park was probably a little more crowded than the pictures in Robb's earlier post from July 14 showed. All rides were a walk on except, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (20 min, down from 95 minutes at 9:40), Tomorrowland Speedway (20 min), Astro Orbitor (15 min) and Peter Pan (15 min). The only one of those I actually rode was SDMT and the wait was about 15 minutes. My final count was:

Splash Mountain x 2
Big Thunder Mountain X 4 (you could re-ride if no one was in your row)
Space Mountain X 6 (like the fact you could go up the ramp for a re-ride instead of walking out the exit and back around)
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train X 3
Pirates of the Caribbean X 1
Flying Dumbo X 1

Some of the longest lines were for the free drinks, ice cream and frozen fruit bars and popcorn. Some of the snack stations ran out of bottled water later in the evening. Saw one guest on the ferry after closing who took advantage of the free drinks and had a Disney bag stuffed with a dozen or so bottled waters and cokes. Never understand people like that!

All in all it was a great time and I felt it was totally worth the price of admission. Would do it again without hesitation if offered next time I am in Orlando.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:28 am

Wow, that's pretty incredible. With all the big ticket stuff open late, and a chance to ride anything that isn't on ERT before the park closes, this is an outstanding event.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:55 pm

I work for an Architectural Metal Company and a job came in a few months back to bid on and it was the TRON coaster! They sent the AutoCAD files to review for the bid (Just the metal wall panels) but we ended up not getting the job. The AutoCad file was so detailed, it was pretty amazing to see.

North East Trip 2011

LeviaTHON 2012

Scandi 2014

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!