Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:32 pm

So is the Avengers film being released by Disney?

Personally, I feel this is a bit too Six Flags for Disney. It worked for TRON, cause you could kinda see futuristic monorails in a TRON world, but the Avengers? As much as I am in anticipation of this film, and as top notch as I think Disney will do the wrap, it still reeks of the advert wraps that appear at much lesser parks.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Remember it's not going to the magic kingdom. Plus the magic kingdom did have jack sparrow maps advertising pirates 4 for a couple months.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm not as into the Aveng-o-rail as much as I was the Tron-o-rail, but I still think it looks kinda cool!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:So is the Avengers film being released by Disney?

Disney owns Marvel, so yeah.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:51 pm

The tron-o-rail was an example of decent, understated design (or as understated as a movie promotion can be)... This just looks like a "highway in the sky" billboard.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Chroniq wrote:The tron-o-rail was an example of decent, understated design (or as understated as a movie promotion can be)... This just looks like a "highway in the sky" billboard.

Took me a split second, haha.

:nina:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 pm

I don't really like the new monorail wrap, but it definitely looks better than the shameless wraps that Six Flags has put on its rides in the past.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:45 am

I'm not digging it.

I guess I just don't like the idea of them mixing marvel in with Disney. It dosen't seem very "Disney" to me.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:29 pm

Pics and vid are on the web.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=57221

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:50 pm

thrillrider wrote:I'm not digging it.

I guess I just don't like the idea of them mixing marvel in with Disney. It dosen't seem very "Disney" to me.

Your reaction is exactly the same as what most people said about mixing in Star Wars and Indiana Jones when those arrived at Disney parks in the late 80s/early 90s.

I have a feeling when Marvel gets more integrated into Disney parks, it will feel more natural.
Post a reply