Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:49 pm

as long as PeopleMover stays, I don't care where they put anything new :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby cookiex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:36 am

The speedways take up a huge amount of space. Paris could easily create a whole new south end of Discoveryland if they killed theirs.

And to those who say Tron would be too similar to Space Mountain: one is about computers, the other is about, you know, space. Pretty different.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 88

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Morgan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:49 am

The ride experience is fairly different between the two also, while I've not ridden Tron itself, I've been on other Vekoma Motorbike coasters, and the feeling is nothing like Space Mountain.

The only downside to this is that they will be removing a 32in (0.8m) ride with a 48in (1.2m) ride, presuming that it will have the same restrictions as Shanghai. Yes there is already plenty to do for the younger ones in the park, but the Tomorrowland Speedway is a popular attraction with them.

I like the idea of combing both the Lightcycles and a Speedway/Autopia, if they had a full on Tron theme with electric cars it would be a great revamp, and an interesting attraction with the lightcycles speeding along above.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby cookiex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:52 am

Morgan wrote:The only downside to this is that they will be removing a 32in (0.8m) ride with a 48in (1.2m) ride, presuming that it will have the same restrictions as Shanghai. Yes there is already plenty to do for the younger ones in the park, but the Tomorrowland Speedway is a popular attraction with them.

I think it can be remedied somewhat by adding a C/D-ticket attraction in or in close proximity to Tron's showbuilding, like how Tokyo is making up for some of Tomorrowland's losses in the wake of the Fantasyland expansion with a Big Hero 6 attraction.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 88

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby BlahBlahson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:10 am

I have Two Questions about the Upcoming Tron Announcement:

1. What are they going to do to thematically distinguish this from Test Track? (which has several graphics that are similar to the indoor Shanghai version, and overall styling)

2. Wasn't GOTG supposed to be a big indoor/outdoor rollercoaster? Meaning Disney is putting in Three family/thrill launching coasters at the same time? That would certainly be a new direction.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:27 am

BlahBlahson wrote:1. What are they going to do to thematically distinguish this from Test Track? (which has several graphics that are similar to the indoor Shanghai version, and overall styling)

To be honest, I don't think they really need to do anything. I mean, from a guest perspective, most guests don't even know the the names of each rides let alone the theming. I can't tell you how many times I've heard guests refer to Space Mountain as "the white one" or Big Thunder Mountain as "Big Foot Mountain" so really, I think it will be just fine the way it is! lol

BlahBlahson wrote:2. Wasn't GOTG supposed to be a big indoor/outdoor rollercoaster? Meaning Disney is putting in Three family/thrill launching coasters at the same time? That would certainly be a new direction.

I feel like the rumor mill has been so crazy on the whole Tron/GotG/Ratatouille/Beauty & The Beast rides that at this point I'm only going to believe anything when we see an announcement. All I know is that the amount of new attractions going into the park from like 2010 onwards is CRAZY and I don't think we've seen this much development since the late 80s when Studios/Typhoon/PI all went in, and that's a GREAT thing!
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 am.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Adam will have a full report from D23 soon. I know some people just *HAVE TO BE FIRST* by posting the information, but that doesn't make you look cool to us, in fact, it makes it so we have more work to do. So please don't do that.

As a re-cap, here is what was announced:

- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (Replacing Great Movie Ride)
- Ratatouille is coming to the France pavilion at Epcot
- A new, seamless Circlevision film is coming to the Epcot China Pavilion
- Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Epcot
- Tron Lightcycle Power Run is coming to the Magic Kingdom
- Mission: Space will open with a new Green Mission film for families and a reanimated Orange Mission
- New table service restaurant at Mission: Space
- The Disney Skyliner gondola system will debut at Walt Disney World resorts
- A new theater attraction will open on Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom
- The "Minnie Van" uber-like driving service has been announced WDW Resort
- Hotel Riviera Disney Vacation Club Resort
- Star Wars-Inspired Themed Resort at Walt Disney World planned

Please wait for Adam's updates later. Thank you.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:24 pm.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Are they removing tommorowland speedway?
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 60 :cry:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BridgeMan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Looks like it's still there in the concept art. I think it's pretty admirable they're looking to squeeze it in and keep the speedway.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:03 pm

robbalvey wrote:Adam will have a full report from D23 soon. I know some people just *HAVE TO BE FIRST* by posting the information, but that doesn't make you look cool to us, in fact, it makes it so we have more work to do. So please don't do that.

As a re-cap, here is what was announced:

- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (Replacing Great Movie Ride)
- Ratatouille is coming to the France pavilion at Epcot
- A new, seamless Circlevision film is coming to the Epcot China Pavilion
- Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Epcot
- Tron Lightcycle Power Run is coming to the Magic Kingdom
- Mission: Space will open with a new Green Mission film for families and a reanimated Orange Mission
- New table service restaurant at Mission: Space
- The Disney Skyliner gondola system will debut at Walt Disney World resorts
- A new theater attraction will open on Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom
- The "Minnie Van" uber-like driving service has been announced WDW Resort
- Hotel Riviera Disney Vacation Club Resort
- Star Wars-Inspired Themed Resort at Walt Disney World planned

Please wait for Adam's updates later. Thank you.

Wow, all of this sounds super awesome! Looking forward to the report! :mickey:
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Mystery Mine
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Dollywood 3. Silver Dollar City 4. Holiday World 5. Knott's Berry Farm

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!