Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby sixflagsgadv1000 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:04 am

WOW, all I can say is WOW! As much as I am going to miss Wishes, as well as everyone else, I can't wait to see what's in store for us in May. The soundtrack sounds absolutely amazing, and it seems they will be going all out with visuals on the castle and lighting as a whole. Disney has never really disappointed me, so I am super excited for this!!! :b :b :b

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:22 am

Simipour'sTrainer wrote:I'm honestly baffled by how furious some fans are about the new show. "Wishes" is cool and all, but it's been running for a long time now. This new show looks like it'll put "Wishes" to shame.

cfc wrote:People get used to some "classic" shows (for example, the Electrical Parade), but change is often a good thing.

This is why people are freaking out. I know a lot of "Disney people" (I mean that lovingly if anyone is reading this) who have been going to the parks long enough and / or frequent enough that Wishes has been part of their childhood. Because it's been around so long, Wishes is synonymous with the entire Magic Kingdom park to some people.

Obviously the initial knee-jerk reaction is to look at it in shock and horror, like Disney is taking memories away. But, the whole point of keeping it fresh is for new memories to be made, right? If you took a snapshot of Walt Disney World as it existed with Wishes, SpectroMagic, etc in the 90s / 00s and tried to make it work today, in 2017, I'd bet it wouldn't work out as well as people would want it to...
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Ape » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:30 am

Short report on our trip.

This was the first time since I was 3 that I visited a Disney park. I loved every moment of seeing my kids faces light up as we went through the park. We mostly did stuff the first half of the day and I pretty much enjoyed every minute including people mover. The only thing that sucked was the monorail went down several times during the day causing us to take over an hour in and out of the park mid day and at the end.

The main thing I wanted to post about was a proud father moment that I will never forget. My son has only ever been on the Great Pumkin Coaster at Kings Island so Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was quite the big coaster for him. He was a bit apprehensive going in but as soon as that little launch out of the station kicked in he threw his hands up and did so at the top of each lift. He ended up getting off the ride and high fiving all of the strangers that rode with us which was awesome because he is usually super shy. We went on a seven day cruise the next day with all of the family and his cousins yet every time I ask him what his favorite part of the trip was he says this ride. Makes me so happy.

Anyway we ended up riding in order

Buzz twice
People mover
Laugh Floor
Pans flight
It's a small world
Winnie the Pooh

We also watched several of the shows and did a bit of shopping walking around. We were about to get on Big Thunder Mountain at the end of the day and had a fast pass for splash mountain but the 3 year old was wrecked by that time and had a melt down.

IMG_9070.JPG
Having a blast.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:44 am

This is awesome!! I'm glad you enjoyed the trip and I'm loving that he loved the mine train. My 4 year old nephew couldn't get enough of it either!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:52 am

Yeah, I'm slowly starting to think the the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train might be the best attraction Disney has ever built. Seriously it's the perfect "coaster" ride for smaller kids and is still really fun for adults, the indoor animations are amazing, and it's based on an IP that is 80 years. Considering how popular that ride is with modern audiences based on the age of the movie it's really kinda of incredible.

The ole end of the day worn out melt down, been there, I know your pain. Sounds like a great day otherwise.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Ape » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:33 am

those meltdowns are the worst but he got over it once he realize the firework show was going on. We could have stayed abit after that but decided it was time to call it a day. Also he has been singing that Seven Dwarfs song since we left.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:Yeah, I'm slowly starting to think the the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train might be the best attraction Disney has ever built. Seriously it's the perfect "coaster" ride for smaller kids and is still really fun for adults, the indoor animations are amazing, and it's based on an IP that is 80 years. Considering how popular that ride is with modern audiences based on the age of the movie it's really kinda of incredible.

The ole end of the day worn out melt down, been there, I know your pain. Sounds like a great day otherwise.

Not the best thing ever but I so think it's one of the smartest. It's the kind of ride that makes you go like "I wanna bring my 5-year-old sister and my 85-year-old grandparents on it". Wish they had more merchandise at the exit though!

Same as Frozen at EPCOT. Relatively low budget but successful as hell!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby BlahBlahson » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Yeah, I'm slowly starting to think the the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train might be the best attraction Disney has ever built. Seriously it's the perfect "coaster" ride for smaller kids and is still really fun for adults, the indoor animations are amazing, and it's based on an IP that is 80 years. Considering how popular that ride is with modern audiences based on the age of the movie it's really kinda of incredible.

Not to be straight up rude...but it's a RollerSkater with a good but short Dark Ride Section. Legoland did it first and I can think of at least 20 more interesting Disney attractions. Great addition but "Best Attraction Ever" is a mega-stretch.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:19 am

That's a pretty ridiculous oversimplification. The theming on that ride is excellent, and because of it's location it's a fake mountain that's fully themed on all sides so it was very ambitious. The ride system isn't really the story, the theming is.

Mine Train and Big Thunder are probably the best "mass appeal" coasters ever built but you really do have to give the edge to Mine Train for the slightly more accommodating height requirement and for it's incredible popularity.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:41 am

BlahBlahson wrote:

Not to be straight up rude...but it's a RollerSkater with a good but short Dark Ride Section. Legoland did it first and I can think of at least 20 more interesting Disney attractions. Great addition but "Best Attraction Ever" is a mega-stretch.

A mega stretch is thinking the Dragon at Legoland is anywhere in the same world as Seven Dwarfs Minetrain. It's not my favorite attraction at Disney, or the most technologically advanced or thrilling but I'd bet if you did some kind of random poll of all the WDW resort guests (who actually got on it) you'd probably find more people who say that was their favorite attraction of the trip.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!