Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 321: New Pirates of the Caribbean auction scene debuts
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Oh, that's good. I didn't think of having a Fastpass after the fireworks. Thanks! Likely we're going May 2019, so it shouldn't be super busy, just run of the mill busy.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 am

I visited last week and I was amazed how busy the park was, but fortunately I planned like a ninja before we left - my friends all gently mocked me for getting Fastpass+ a month in advance for what was supposed to be a quiet week and stressing out about timings/restaurant reservations, but I had the last laugh when we walked onto almost all of the e-ticket rides, had time to have a proper sit-down meal and then only had to queue for Seven Dwarfs and a couple of re-rides. It also gave us time to do things like the People Mover and Carousel of Progress which I hadn't done before.

It's really good Disney are filling the parks; a busy park is a successful park (at least when it is a well-run park). Hollywood Studios was bit of a buzzkill because a lot of things were closed with the redevelopment but obviously this is a necessary evil and hopefully it will be worth the wait(times). I planned ahead again, so still managed to get on everything.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby ltp74 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:21 am

SharkTums wrote:^&^^

Disney is never really 'dead' anymore like you used to see. They do a very good job with special events, groups, and international guests to fill in the times of year that used to be empty. It takes some planning, but I don't understand ever waiting 2 hours for Mansion or missing out on something like Jingle Cruise.

The Haunted Mansion was odd since they had 60 minutes listed on the entrance and on the app, but it ended up being almost two hours mainly due to the FastPass line being just as long, they filled 90% of the room with FastPass peeps then topped it off with folks from the standby line. We were in line for Jingle Cruise for about 10 minutes and then they came of the loud speaker telling us our 90 minute wait was now 170 minutes so we bailed. This was the Monday after Thanksgiving, we did the Studios in the morning and when we were able to get FastPasses for MK most of them were gone.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 am

I think sometimes when an attraction goes down for an extended period of time they still honor the fastpasses from that period when it re-opens which throws off the standby wait times pretty significantly. Last weekend when I was at Magic Kingdom Space Mountain was closed for about 80 minutes, I had a fastpass for that period of time that I could either save or use for something different. When it re-opened I was at the entrance and jumped in the standby line thinking it would be short and I could use the fasstpass for something else, walked all the way into the station next to the control tower, then waited probably 40 minutes because they were only merging in maybe 10 standby guests to every 150 fast pass guests because the fastpass line was backed up halfway to the enterance.

Same thing happened earlier in the day at Jungle Crusie, chatting with a cast member near the load platform the ride was temporarily closed to inspect some lighting so when it re-opened the fast pass return was spilling out into the midway. We were using fast passes and still probably waited 30+ mins so I'd imagine the standby line at that time was 90-120 minutes easily because of it.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Forgive my ignorance as I know next to nothing about the hardcore Disney fan scene (something I'm very grateful for) so hopefully this source is legitimate but WDW News Today is reporting that Stitch’s Great Escape is finally going to die. It will open again on December 23 and will run through January 6th. After that it will permanently close.

Again, forgive me for not knowing more about this source, but sources that are generally reliable have been sharing the story so I thought it was worth bringing up.

Personally this is one of the worst rides I've ever ridden in my entire life. I enjoy the property a lot so hopefully it's not the last we see of it at Walt Disney World, but this attraction is horrible. :lol:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Dombot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 pm

coasterbill wrote:Forgive my ignorance as I know next to nothing about the hardcore Disney fan scene (something I'm very grateful for) so hopefully this source is legitimate but WDW News Today is reporting that Stitch’s Great Escape is finally going to die. It will open again on December 23 and will run through January 6th. After that it will permanently close.

Again, forgive me for not knowing more about this source, but sources that are generally reliable have been sharing the story so I thought it was worth bringing up.

Personally this is one of the worst rides I've ever ridden in my entire life. I enjoy the property a lot so hopefully it's not the last we see of it at Walt Disney World, but this attraction is horrible. :lol:

1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:35 pm

#BringBackAlienEncounter2K18

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Dombot » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:21 pm

The Hall of Presidents opened up again recently with Mr. Bigly himself present in the show...

(vid credit goes to Inside The Magic)
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Wow! #molesterinchief is even horrible as an anamatronic. What a complete embarassment to both Disney and our country.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:03 pm

On seeing the animatronic close up - :omg:

On the rest of it - :|

^ Maybe they did 'it' on purpose? Or maybe that's what he reeeally looks like, close up?

I mean, Alec Baldwin looks better than this robot, does. IMhO. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!