Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 911 - Scream Xtreme (Zamperla Endeavor) added for 2018
Users viewing this topic: EDUMaster and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:27 am

Not that I want to see the ride removed, but it does occupy a fairly large chunk of land. Storm runner is the only big draw in the area, and that part of the park could use some more atteactions. It was kinda like a ghost town walking thru that area on the way to storm runner.

I'm not really that familiar with the size of crowds the water ride pulls in, but it was either closed or nobody was riding it when I was there last.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:43 pm

I'd see hot and/or muggy days pull pretty hefty or near-full lines on it. It's been open pretty consistently this summer (or at least on days I've gone), though I noticed the entire back area of the park is now seeing purposefully delayed opening due to crowds not reaching those areas early enough in the day.

I do agree that the back corner area could use more spice to liven it up and entice people to go back there and stay back there longer. Storm Chaser has a really good draw, but not the biggest of all the roller coasters since it's in its own area kind-of alone.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:26 am

^ I think a Scrambler and a Tilt-A-Whirl would fit nicely back there. Miles isn't leaving, it fit's that area nicely.
Last edited by ratdogg68 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 am.
Let the Riding begin

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby kahill04 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Greetings from Dick Rock Falls, lol
75906613-4A06-46C2-81AC-A7DB639AE40A.jpeg

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:21 am

^ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: It never gets old! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Postby thrillrider » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:25 am

Quick question...

We were thinking of hitting the park in the next week or so, and looking at the parks schedule it looks as if the state fair is also going on.

How does this effect the park? Is it busier than normal? Is it a good idea to delay our trip another week or 2?
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:55 pm

The crowds in KK usually don't change during fair times.

Just keep in mind you'll be paying for fair admission on top of park admission since they're basically connected, but KK usually lowers its entry price during these times to make up for that. Fair admission/parking is discounted for now ($12) if you go through the website now until Wednesday, after which it'll be $18: https://kystatefair.org/tickets

This also includes discounted unlimited ride wristbands for the fair rides if you decide to stick around in the fair as well.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Just bought my fair tickets for Thursday, so here's how it breaks down, including all taxes and fees:
Fair admission and parking - $15.40
Fair midway wristband - $22.50
Kentucky Kingdom ticket - $20.14

Total - $58.04

KK is only open 4pm to 9pm on fair weekdays, but the fair is 9am to midnight. I can't find when the rides open, but most fairs are noon or 1pm, so I'd expect that here.

I'm excited; never been to the KY state fair before. I had a friend in college who was from Kentucky and spoke highly of it. Should be a good time.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby AndrewA86 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:46 pm

thrillrider wrote:Quick question...

We were thinking of hitting the park in the next week or so, and looking at the parks schedule it looks as if the state fair is also going on.

How does this effect the park? Is it busier than normal? Is it a good idea to delay our trip another week or 2?

I was there last year on a Saturday during the KY state fair and it was completely dead.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mikeykaise » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 am

thrillrider wrote:Quick question...

School starts here tomorrow so the best times to go would be during the week while school is in session.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!