TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Did you guys see this? Kentucky Kingdom is adding what appears to be a bird show. All it says is "coming soon!"

check it out Here

I'm guessing there's going to be an eagle and/or birds of prey of some kind, as the logo appears to be an eagle or bird of prey. It's a cool edition for the park but I don't go to Kentucky Kingdom for it shows lol. I've only been there once and I spent all my time on their rides, except for Cyclos and Deluge which were closed.

It looks great finally, the only other thing I'd like to see is another crossing from where Lightning Run is to where Sky Catcher is, that would really connect the park and make for a total loop.

It's more like a figure-eight, with the bridge in the center or the crosswalk next to the old Enterprise site.

Was at the park opening day, and did a second swing yesterday (after working a hectic Derby week) to catch up on a couple things I missed the first time around. Here's some new things for this year that isn't Scream Extreme, since it's not on site and ready until May 26th.

IMG_0132(edited).thumb.jpg.9b894561353746c1fbbec82848b48310.jpg

Advertising at the front of the 5D theater the new Zipline Kingdom zipline course the park bought this year

IMG_0149(edited).thumb.jpg.7bf48071dc23e67203d5bf2837d2f916.jpg

The park has a ton of new merchandise including some very nice shirts, which I ended up buying a couple including this one which caught my eye for obvious reasons. There's a whole wall of shirts in the very back of the 5D theater's gift shop that has a big selection of them (which I should've taken a pic of too).

IMG_0159(edited).thumb.jpg.6a8e9330a8b8224f125acc00a18acc4f.jpg

Kentucky Kingdom is now a Pepsi park, and got some new sweet looking dispensers and a few more drink stations scattered around the park.

IMG_0180(edited).thumb.jpg.e54e3e84d72c963d78512e7ca61a316d.jpg

A ride's height requirement was pulled down to 48". Can you guess the ride?

IMG_0181(edited).thumb.jpg.11d2538c52b6e1a7bc38c62766d1614b.jpg

If you guessed Himalayas, you obviously scrolled too far and saw the ride name. The ride hasn't been running these past two weekends, though.

20180506_114902(edited).thumb.jpg.6b7575388e753c4da41e6bf4ffe26bf0.jpg

These are the new 5D films. First half of the day is the Happy Family show and the second half of the day is "that show with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in it."

I rode Journey 2 on opening day, and finally tried Happy Family yesterday. Personally, I think Happy Family was better than Journey 2 and just a little more exciting than Angry Birds.

^ That T3 shirt might be the only one where "survivor"/"survived" is literally appropriate. I love it.

Also, great to hear about the reduction in the Himalaya's height requirement by a whopping twelve inches. Seriously, the old 60" height requirement was one of the most baffling things I've ever seen at any amusement park. It confused my son as well as he's spent nearly his whole life going on those types of rides. Glad to see they've come to their senses.

I can't bring myself to buy a roller coaster tee shirt, but that T3 shirt is pretty funny. I know there are a ton of "I survived XXX ride merchandise," but this one almost holds true. I'm sure KK knows what a terrible experience T3 delivers. It might help to actually change the marketing toward that ride as some kind of endurance accomplishment. They could really hammer the survival aspect.

Oh god, the old trains... Memories of bear-hugging the bulky restraints and pressing my face against one side of padding for bracing. Regardless of what anyone says of the ride now, I think it's improved for sure (and I, too, can re-ride it).

Oh god, the old trains... Memories of bear-hugging the bulky restraints and pressing my face against one side of padding for bracing. Regardless of what anyone says of the ride now, I think it's improved for sure (and I, too, can re-ride it).

The best trick for any otsr is to keep your head way forward so your head never makes contact with them.

The best trick for any otsr is to keep your head way forward so your head never makes contact with them.

I don't know about you, but when it comes to a ride as snappy as an SLC, I'd take a blow to the head over snapping your neck any day, thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick drop into the park today. A certain special something had made an appearance this past week. Scream Extreme! The park was working with electrical components in it as I passed.

IMG_9306(edited).thumb.jpg.e94ad6530939875995de85fb2431fd4a.jpgIMG_9310(edited).thumb.jpg.6cf81c09ba20fa13ab42142531e53618.jpgIMG_9337(edited).thumb.jpg.0d1a9cda3aa8246064456d85ea7c8f91.jpg