Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 am

The Golden Ticket awards will be held here in 2021 . . . so you know what that means :cool: :airtime: .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:54 am

jarmor wrote:The Golden Ticket awards will be held here in 2021 . . . so you know what that means :cool: :airtime: .

They're gonna get alot votes the next year?

Doesn't mean they'll get a new coaster, Let's do a comparison

2000- SFOT
2001- Holiday World
2002- Kings Island
2003- Schlitterbahn
2004- Cedar Point
2005- SFFT
2006- Holiday World (Coaster)
2007- Dollywood (Coaster)
2008- Give Kids the World
2009- Legoland California
2010- Busch Gardens Williamsburg
2011- Holiday World
2012- Dollywood (Coaster)
2013- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
2014- SeaWorld San Diego
2015- Coney Island, NY
2016- Cedar Point (Coaster)
2017- Lake Compounce
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 am

It was alluded to the tune that they would have a good reason to hold it there . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:16 am

My personal wish: Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster. You need something for people between Centispeed and Rampage.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Great additions. A Tilt-a-Whirl and Scrambler really should still be mandatory at every park, and I'm glad to see a park add a Yo-Yo--properly run, they're more of a thrill ride than Wave Swingers.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:46 pm

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Is anybody going to Alabama Splash Adventure for opening day? I'm interested to hear some reviews on the park this season. Of everything that is being added across the amusement industry in 2018, this is probably the expansion I'm most looking forward to, and it isn't because it is my home park (SDC is). It just makes me happy to see such a small park that was practically closed make such a large investment. Plus I love the three major flat rides that they are adding, and I always think it is wonderful to add new kid rides. I just bought a new car that gets forty-two miles per gallon, I'm seriously thinking about taking a road trip with my closest friends down to Alabama Splash Adventure.
Also, does anybody know anything about the Freefall slides? I remember they had a speed slide a couple years ago on the tower with the bowl slide, but it was removed. The new park map has the bowl slide as being removed and two speed slides in its place with the caption "coming summer 2018."

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby TexasParkman » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm

It is not "fast" or 'spectacular" or anything- but- I really admire the approach to rebuilding this Park. These Owners are building the Park for the long haul. Grow your attractions, grow your customer base, grow your operations and be good and consistent- Then go for the "Splash". All this and not go "gazillions" into debt. Makes perfect sense. :) :) :)

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:55 pm

EliHorton wrote:Also, does anybody know anything about the Freefall slides? I remember they had a speed slide a couple years ago on the tower with the bowl slide, but it was removed. The new park map has the bowl slide as being removed and two speed slides in its place with the caption "coming summer 2018."

They had several segments on a local news show this morning. One of them talks about it. It's a new freefall slide from Proslide and it will be opening later this summer.

http://abc3340.com/station/talk-of-alabama/talk-of-alabama-52318-alabama-splash-adventure-new-slide

In another segment they talk about adding beer and wine to the park this year which of course has brought out the "Think of the families" idiots.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sandra-A1 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:43 pm

I love that Dan Koch is sticking with the classics when adding to the park right now! It is wonderful to see the Scrambler and Tilt-a-whirl  now at the park and I have no doubt that there will just as many adults as children enjoying those two classic rides.
This got me to thinking about what other classic rides I would love to see added to Alabama Splash Adventure as time passes. So I decided to list my favorites here and please add your own favorites to the discussion.
Naturally, I would love to see a Grand Carousel....one that  was fully restored and would make the other amusement parks envious!
Next would be....
a fun "dark ride" like the classic "Ride the Pretzel"...
a large adult size "Flying Scooter" ride like the one that used to be atKiddieland Park at the old Alabama State Fairgrounds,
along with "The Looper" ride and"The Caterpillar" with it's closing canopy!
A well themed "Log Flume" would be refreshing during those hot Alabama summers!
IMO,  ASA should add a giant Wonder Wheel-Ferris Wheel but of the "eccentric wheel" style! I think that those moving passenger cars would provide plenty of thrills to those park guest brave enough to climb aboard!

Also, I would love to see the park add a big Carnival Games section! One with all type of carnival game of skill that one could play to win prizes.
Those are just the few I could think of ..I am sure there are many many more classics ride that many of you would love to see added to ASA as time passes....
"And now Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." ~ Dumbledore

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!