TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

My wife and I visited the park yesterday for closing day. It was our first visit so we can't compare it to its old self, but the attention to guest experience and customer satisfaction was really noticeable, and made for a really positive experience. It was a refreshing change of pace from a lot of other parks.

And Rampage is so fun - such a great quality ride, and it was awesome to see the care and upkeep the park has put into it. It totally exceeded my expectations (and I love old CCIs). It was intense from start to finish, with a perfect balance between speed, old-school airtime, and great laterals, pushing the limits on intensity without crossing the line toward discomfort. I love how long it feels, and how it continues to build towards the end. What a great ride.

So glad I finally got out here to ride this thing. Looking forward to seeing how this park continues to grow and develop!

Up 11% attendance in 2016. Cumulative effect of rounding and compounding is that we are up 40% in attendance in 2 years. We bought the park in March 2014. Nothing big planned for 2017 but in 2018 something is being added depending on the attendance. We are dialing in a few options to push go on (late summer 2017) once we see our 2017 results. Our park has a 20 year build out plan, which depends upon how quickly the attendance grows. Our park is not going in the thrill direction any time soon. It just isn't who we need to be to serve our guests here in the deep south. I believe every great park has a big heart and its own unique personality that fits in with the guest it serves and the team members who run it. Our park is a great park. If you visited us in 2016, you will see even more substantial park guest experience improvements if you visit us in 2017. Watch this little sleeper park in Alabama friends, it is coming aliveeeeee! And this is gonna be one fun ride! The future is very bright indeed. Thanks!

^Thank you for sharing this great news with us Dan! We're excited to see the park continue to grow and improve in the coming years and we appreciate you keeping us in the loop throughout this process! I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sounds like a nice expansion is coming to the park in 2018! Dan Koch posted a picture on Facebook of the new bridge connecting the dry park and the water park with the caption "Water Park entrance redo is nearing completion. Needed for 2018 expansion and future growth." I hope it is a couple flat rides! I really hope they get a Scrambler, some Flying Scooters, and maybe some high thrill flat ride maybe from Zamperla. Maybe they could also finally reopen the log flume! What our your guys' thoughts?

I am very excited and grateful for the continuing improvements but in my opinion they really need something more thrilling in the dry park besides rampage to attract more people, especially since the new OWA amusement parkin Foley, Al is opening this summer with a massive steele coaster and thrilling flat rides.. they really need to try and compete.

I am very excited and grateful for the continuing improvements but in my opinion they really need something more thrilling in the dry park besides rampage to attract more people, especially since the new OWA amusement parkin Foley, Al is opening this summer with a massive steele coaster and thrilling flat rides.. they really need to try and compete.

I honestly think something big is coming to the dry park next year. I think this year was meant to save up capital for next year. And I think it is good to be a bit patient, I mean the Koch's bought this park only a couple years ago. In 2014 they added a bunch of kiddie rides and such, 2015 they refurbished and reopened Rampage, in 2016 they added a new restaurant and two other family rides. Now this year is a bit slow with them only building a new bridge/entrance into the dry park. I could see them getting at least two larger flat rides next year. I think this park will become great over the next couple years, I mean just look at how well they took care of Holiday World.

• 5 months later...

Hi friends, been a long time. Yes, the little experiment in Alabama continues. In order to drive this park into the future, we must increase length of stay. How is that done on the less expensive side? Answer? Water park attractions and slides. So, here is the basic 5 year blue print, kids slides in 2018, other more thrilling slides and play structures in 2019 and 2020. Add a collection of dry park rides as market offerings allow, looking for classic pieces. Longer term, say 10 years, get a real cool steel coaster that is not even yet designed. For the near term, we must build for the general population with some thrilling elements and increase length of stay. In the next three years that means water park pieces. A scrambler is a 2 minute event. A kids slide complex is a 30 minute plus event. This park is going to take a long time to build out. Candidly,the rebuild of the infrastructure has been depressing and it doesn't drive attendance in any way, but it had to be done to save the park. But we have made enough progress that the future is bright although not growing as rapidly as I like. But it continues to grow in attendance and sales, so here I type away, looking into the best years that are ahead of us. I like to build big stuff. We didn't come here to build a little park, but we gotta take baby steps, then walk and then run. Life is good and the future is bright. Thank you Theme Park Review Family and Friends, we are humbled that you haven't relegated us to a footnote in history! LOl and see you at the park! Regards, Dan and The General.

Sounds like a great plan William. I can appreciate how much of a struggle it can be to get infrastructure under control, but I'm very glad that you've put in the grind to get it done and ensure the future of the park. You have exactly the right business mindset with your focus on growing and catering to your current crowd.

Just keep the Rampage running and I'll eventually make the 10 hour journey out there from where I live!

Rampage Train is heading back to PTC for its semi annual overhaul, and we are doing offseason track work, so the Rampage is gonna keep a rollin on! I love that coaster. It's our signature theme park piece. Have faith America, more is coming but this is Alabama and we move slowwwwww down here but we do move! LOL, but true, and thank you all!

Hi friends, been a long time. Yes, the little experiment in Alabama continues. In order to drive this park into the future, we must increase length of stay. How is that done on the less expensive side? Answer? Water park attractions and slides. So, here is the basic 5 year blue print, kids slides in 2018, other more thrilling slides and play structures in 2019 and 2020. Add a collection of dry park rides as market offerings allow, looking for classic pieces. Longer term, say 10 years, get a real cool steel coaster that is not even yet designed. For the near term, we must build for the general population with some thrilling elements and increase length of stay. In the next three years that means water park pieces. A scrambler is a 2 minute event. A kids slide complex is a 30 minute plus event. This park is going to take a long time to build out. Candidly,the rebuild of the infrastructure has been depressing and it doesn't drive attendance in any way, but it had to be done to save the park. But we have made enough progress that the future is bright although not growing as rapidly as I like. But it continues to grow in attendance and sales, so here I type away, looking into the best years that are ahead of us. I like to build big stuff. We didn't come here to build a little park, but we gotta take baby steps, then walk and then run. Life is good and the future is bright. Thank you Theme Park Review Family and Friends, we are humbled that you haven't relegated us to a footnote in history! LOl and see you at the park! Regards, Dan and The General.

My Kids Water Play Area Names:

Guppy Grotto

Splish Splash City

Triton's Town

Luau Lagoon

Big Wave Island

Mermaid Beach

Splashwater Shores

Banana Beach

This is still a very exciting addition! It is an improvement! And it seems to already have a positive feedback, there are nothing but positive comments on Facebook about it. It'll be fun to see what other slides they get over the next five years! I'm hoping some speed slides. The Gully Washer slides at Frontier City are super fun!

• 3 months later...

Well, things are looking up here at America's favorite family fun park. We have some cool new surprises for our little park that continues to blossom. We are adding enough attractions in 2018 that length of stay will be up by 90 minutes plus, which is huge. Byron Hughes from our park will give some details at Winter Warm Up. Now don't expect a $10 million dollar coaster cause this baby continues to grow up, which is good, but I know you all will be pleased with the direction the park continues as we ramp up for our May 2018 opening. By the way, did you see we won our wager against Six Flags over Georgia on the College Football Championship. Roll Tide. At Six Flags opening weekend the Alabama Scorcher will be available for all to ride. I will be at Six Flags for that fun event! Then this park opens in May 2018 with the biggest expansion since we restored Rampage and reopened it to the public in 2015. Hope to see any and all here at Alabama Splash Adventure in 2018 or whenever your travel plans might allow. Kind regards, Dan.

Awesome! Sounds like maybe some dry side expansions in the works after all? Or at least some great water side expansions. I'm very excited to hear about it.

Still hoping a Scrambler, Flying Scooters, or Disk O Coaster is planned. Along with Racing Mat Slides/Water Coaster for the Waterpark.

... And to blue-sky plan, A Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster

• 4 weeks later...

Since it was listed online from a reputable site.

Lots of new attractions and park changes coming in 2018.

- New miniature train, new Rockin’ Tug, new scrambler, new tilt-a-whirl, new yo-yo, new high dive show, and new kids slide complex.

I'm glad they're adding flat rides cause that's what the park really needed.

The Golden Ticket awards will be held here in 2021 . . . so you know what that means .

They're gonna get alot votes the next year?

Doesn't mean they'll get a new coaster, Let's do a comparison

2000- SFOT

2001- Holiday World

2002- Kings Island

2003- Schlitterbahn

2004- Cedar Point

2005- SFFT

2006- Holiday World (Coaster)

2007- Dollywood (Coaster)

2008- Give Kids the World

2009- Legoland California

2010- Busch Gardens Williamsburg