Walibi Rhones Alpes Discussion Thread

Page 9: Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Walibi Rhones Alpes Discussion Thread

Postby Absimilliard » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Walibi Rhones Alpes, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Walibi Rhone Alpes.

Walibi Rhone Alpes Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

Helicopter Ride commemorating park's 30th anniversary turns tragic (see below)

April 16th, 2014 - new non-OTSR restraints on Boomerang

July 23rd, 2015 - Park announces Timber, a Gravity Group coaster to open in 2016

December 8th, 2017 - Gerstlauer Infinity coaster to be built for the 2019 season

Original Post:

There was an horrible accident at Walibi Rhones-Alpes in France. The park offered (or they purchased the tour) their employees helicopter tours of the park and area around. Around 7pm on saturday june 20th, a few minutes after taking off, the helicopter crashed and killed all 7 occupants... The pilot and 6 park employees...

Horrible, since I knew one of the park employee and the park was closed today while they offered help to the families and employees.
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:20 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Translated story:

LYON (AFP) - Seven occupants of a private helicopter were killed early Saturday evening in the crash of their aircraft on Mount cord on Common Brégnier-Cordon, in Ain, it was learned from firefighters, the gendarmerie and the prefecture.

The accident occurred around 19:00 when the helicopter airline Azur Helicopter, which was on a first flight from the park Walibi en Isère, crashed for unknown reasons in an area steep and uninhabited, said the same sources.

The victims were the pilot of the helicopter and six employees of the park on leave, which had used the day to make this flight, it was shown in the direction of Walibi.

Five of the victims were decapitated in the accident, according to firefighters.

"A witness gave the alarm. He saw the blue and white helicopter flying at low altitude before you lose sight, and then heard a bang and felt a strong smell of kerosene", told AFP the master Frédéric Bertin, an officer in the Departmental Operations Center Fire and Rescue (CODIS) of the Ain.

"The weather at the time of the accident was a priori good. The aircraft crashed without causing a fire," said the AFP Didier Doré, the sub-prefect of Belley in Ain, which visited the site.

"The prosecutor's office in Bourg-en-Bresse is seized of the case and the investigation is ongoing to determine the exact circumstances of the tragedy, he added.

Fifty firefighters from the Ain, Isère and Savoie, aboard a dozen trucks were immediately visited the scene of the accident.

They were supported by as many men whose gendarmes de la brigade de gendarmerie airline, said to AFP gendarmerie.

Attached to the phone by AFP, the company Azur Helicopter, which has a hangar at the airport Lyon-Bron, did not wish to communicate.

The common Brégnier-cord is located 20 km south of Belley (Ain).

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

RIP Stéphano JAQUOT Walibi Rhone Alpes Park Manager !

Postby msep003 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:38 pm

RIP Stéphane JAQUOT !

Stéphane used to be Parc Asterix's Operations Manager and helped the ECC and TPR when they made their trips to Parc Asterix .

Stephane moved to Walibi and became Park's Manager and sadly died in the Helicopter Accident near the Park with 6 Other park's employees . The Helicopter tour was made for the Park's 30th anniversary .

Aurevoir Stéphane and thank for what you did in Parc Asterix and Walibi Rhone Alpes .

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:52 pm

My deepest sympathies. Those poor people. :(

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Théo the little french » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:27 am

I live at 5km of Belley and I asked for a job in WRA....
Yesterday a friend of mine, has been told that one of his friend died in the accident... It was really disturbing...

It was really crazy to hear that at the news last week end!

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:45 am

5 decapitated? OMG what a horrible accident. My prayers go to the families and friends of the victims.

-James Dillaman

Sorry, Not Feeling Very Creative Today!

Postby FlyingScooter » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:44 pm

My sympathies to all those involved.
Very tragic.
"This economy is so bad, even the drug dealers are lookin' for second jobs!"
-anonymous dealer. Westside Cleveland.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

New SAT Rides train for Walibi Rhône Alpes

Postby KingRCT3 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Walibi Rhône Alpes (France) is currently making a few changes to their iconic Vekoma Boomerang that opened in 1988.

Here it is, plain ol' Boomerang:

But for 2014, Walibi proudly (I hope not) presents EqWalizer!

Wow looks flashy!

WOW it IS flashy!

I think I like what WH did with Speed of Sound better.

At least it's shiny!

The good news is that they're getting a new train, from SAT Rides. Who rode the Boomerang at the Wiener Prater, or Teststrecke? Are they comfortable? The lap-bar looks intimidating...

Yay for the audio system! Hopefully it will be as loud as on Speed of Sound, the sound was pretty good (at least in station and during the lifts).

Moar pink!!

By the way, have you ever noticed that the SAT Rides train uses the same seat design as the Zierer's ESC coasters?
Last edited by KingRCT3 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:38 pm.

This button makes my penis erect.

Re: New SAT Rides train for Walibi Rhône Alpes

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Lord that is tacky looking. ;)
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Re: New SAT Rides train for Walibi Rhône Alpes

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!