Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:42 am

Looks like a great event. I love when beer is front and centre. I'm hoping to get back to SFGAm next year, and I'd like to try Raging Bull again. I didn't like it last time, but I've been thinking, especially after loving Nitro, that I may just have been feeling queasy at the time and if I go into it in better shape, I may like it more. The new coaster is the first time I've been interested in this park since 2014, so it'll provide a good excuse.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:30 am

Last Call wasn't nearly as "dead" as I was hoping line wise and we didn't ride that much as a result. Alternately, the park was decently staffed. Carnival games, arcades, most of the food booths: they were all open. No question that I prefer Cedar Fair's festival setups over Six Flags. They were really slow in selling tickets (I waited almost 30 minutes to buy my one passport) and that's probably because it represented a loss of income vs. having you pay $13 for a Miller Lite elsewhere.

Also someone on Goliath wound up with a bird hitting them coming down the first drop and there were feathers all around us in the back of the train. That was wild. Oh: Demon ran. Not sure what everyone was talking about beforehand.

Postby prozach626 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:46 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote: I'm hoping to get back to SFGAm next year, and I'd like to try Raging Bull again.

Raging Bull is strictly a back seat or a front seat ride, with the back seat winning out 5-1. Sitting anywhere else takes a lot away from the ride. Otherwise, there's just the right amount of strong airtime as you go roaring into the tunnel. The rest of the ride is decent and you just have to appreciate it for what it is, knowing you're going to get floater air in small doses. Although, the drop after the MCBR provides a decent amount of air. The low to the ground elements and helices near the end are pretty fun. I think you'll like it.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby DavidB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:08 am

I've been strongly considering hitting this event and it sounds like I missed the prime weekend for it. After hitting KI and CP the last 2 weekends I didn't want to make it 3 in a row heading out of town to visit a park. Glad everyone who made it seems to have had a good time. Maybe if the forecast temperatures for next weekend trend upwards I'll make it to the park, otherwise it may just have to wait until next year.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:02 pm

I think I know the answer to this, but I thought I had read someone say differently in the past. I bought a season pass from Great America during the flash sale, assuming it to be the most likely SF park I'd get to next. That now turns out not to be the case as an opportunity came up last minute after purchasing and I'll be in Baltimore after New Year's until May. Is there any way of processing the pass at Six Flags America, or having the pass be somehow valid without processing at the park it is purchased at?

The reason I ask is I thought I recalled someone going to HR at a SF park at which their pass was not purchased and getting it processed after all.

Thanks all!
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Postby prozach626 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:20 pm

We had the same dilemma last year. We purchased season passes at SFSTL, but it turned out we were going to take a trip to SFGam prior to getting our passes processed. We emailed guest services and they sent us something in our email. When we got to the park, we went to the guest services booth and showed them the email. They printed out one day passes for us to use. We were informed that this was good for one time only.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:26 pm

^Thanks, I’ll try that.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Postby coasterbill » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 am

Great report Zach!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Looks like tomorrow's conditions will provide some nice practice for those fast-approaching December hypothermia bliss rides.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Postby thrillrider » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:54 am

Ed Farmer wrote:Looks like tomorrow's conditions will provide some nice practice for those fast-approaching December hypothermia bliss rides.

Yea, we were planning on hitting the park. Needless to say, those plans no longer exist.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!