TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I think Viper could run fine.

I think you're right, but it would be so easy to close without giving people the feeling of walking by a giant closed coaster. They need to cut back staffing for these events to keep them profitable and that's a really easy place to do it.

Edit: No freaking way Whizzer will be open in December if there's wind or snow.

No coaster will operate with snow on the rails and a lot of coasters will close with a combination of extreme cold and high winds. That's not exclusive to Whizzer.

No coaster will operate with snow on the rails and a lot of coasters will close with a combination of extreme cold and high winds. That's not exclusive to Whizzer.

I rode Beast and Vortex in the snow. But years ago. What a strange feeling. Cold but awesome.

“Page not found,” have a Six Flags day.

Are there specifics to the cold Great America weekends? Will the park actually follow through on the days AND times they say they will be open. They struggle with that sometimes.

“Page not found,” have a Six Flags day.

Are there specifics to the cold Great America weekends? Will the park actually follow through on the days AND times they say they will be open. They struggle with that sometimes.

Specifics aren't known yet, this looks like some premature information slippage. As for keeping to the schedule, even the two psycho Six Flags parks didn't entirely follow through on their schedules this past HITP- that just comes with the package when you open the gates in the middle of winter. With how things transpired during Last Call, I definitely wouldn't count on a perfect record.

Am I the only one that finds that incredibly odd? You'd think that if they were, well, proud of their new addition, they'd, well, give it a name, right? I can't think of a single reason why they wouldn't give it a name, that makes no sense to me.

Am I the only one that finds that incredibly odd? You'd think that if they were, well, proud of their new addition, they'd, well, give it a name, right? I can't think of a single reason why they wouldn't give it a name, that makes no sense to me.

From what I recall, when the announcement was first made, the name was supposed to be Hurricane Force 5 or something along the lines of that. They refrained from using that name out of respect for Houston because the announcements happened soon after that.