Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 130 - Six Flags 2019 Announcements
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:59 am

At the time I thought Cedar Fair was biting off more then it could chew when they purchased the paramount parks. Fast forward 10 years and it doesn't look so bad now.
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:11 pm

I may or may not be visiting multiple Six Flags parks next year. It all depends on work scheduling. So my question is: is it possible to upgrade a one-day ticket to a membership?
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:25 pm

No, but the membership is practically the same price as a one day ticket plus parking anyway. Just get the membership.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Lemur wrote:You're probably right in that, especially since they voted to double the amount of common stock they can issue in May. And right now isn't a terrible time to borrow, what with the Fed announcing no rate hikes for the next year. I think the issue is still desire to take on those liabilities along with the assets and the debt load. I think every park watcher and person familiar with the industry read that and immediately thought of the SeaWorld of Ohio/Geauga Lake/Worlds of Adventure disaster x 3.

Like I said; different companies, different management, different perspectives. Even with Six Flags' disappointing numbers in 2018, everyone seems to have seen attendance dropoffs too minus SEAS, and that you might attribute to SEAS simply bottoming out after years of backsliding and financial disaster. Six Flags' business model is not what it was in the 1990s or 2000s, and they've actually been super successful with it.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:26 pm

grsupercity wrote:At the time I thought Cedar Fair was biting off more then it could chew when they purchased the paramount parks. Fast forward 10 years and it doesn't look so bad now.

Their debt to revenue ratio is still way worse than Six Flags', but they also have really strong assets with those parks that I think they're getting a better hold of how to maximize value on. And a big part of that is...wait for it...large passholder base.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mruab » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Think of all the marketing wins Every regional Six Flags park becomes feeder for new flagship (money maker) in Orlando

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby coasterBro » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:03 am

coasterBro wrote:But in other news, I got a survey a couple days ago from Six Flags asking about all kinds of stuff related to the Flash Pass program. It sounds like they're considering different options for season Flash Passes, but with various restrictions like what day it can/can't be used (any day, no weekends, no Tuesday), or what time of day it can be used (any time, after 2PM, after 4PM), or whether or not you'd need to get an advance reservation and how far in advance that might be (none, 24hrs, 3 days), or how many rides are available (5-30, but no mention of which rides those could be or if it was the number of line skips you get independent of which attractions you can ride).

Not sure if this new Season FP would be an option in addition to what they currently have or in place of those. The feature sets and price points were all over the map, with a lot of feature/price combinations that just made no sense at all and couldn't possibly be economically viable (like a minimally-restricted Platinum FP for $50, or a really-locked down Regular FP for like $250)

Got another survey today, this time about employee grooming: "Your feedback today will have a direct impact on whether or not we change our policy and will be personally reviewed by the company CEO." Not sure exactly what they're going for since the first part was asking about an employee's appearance with a very badly photoshopped hair dye job, but the last 2/3 was all about short, well-groomed beards/goatees for male employees. So maybe they're thinking of relaxing their grooming standards to allow unnatural hair colors and facial hair? Who knows though.
Current count: 699 Strict, 732 Total.
Currently taking suggestions for where to go (outside North America) and what to ride for #700.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:45 am

coasterBro wrote:
Got another survey today, this time about employee grooming: "Your feedback today will have a direct impact on whether or not we change our policy and will be personally reviewed by the company CEO." Not sure exactly what they're going for since the first part was asking about an employee's appearance with a very badly photoshopped hair dye job, but the last 2/3 was all about short, well-groomed beards/goatees for male employees. So maybe they're thinking of relaxing their grooming standards to allow unnatural hair colors and facial hair? Who knows though.

They clearly stated in the survey that they were considering changing their policy on employee facial hair!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:25 pm

The survey was hilarious! This was my favorite question:
Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 2.20.41 PM.png

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:31 pm

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: I don't even know where to begin. Why not add "Waffle House" and "Random Wal Mart at 3am" to the list?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!