Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 130 - Six Flags 2019 Announcements
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert
User avatar
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: 20 May 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Gender: Male
Age: 44

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby John Peck » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:09 pm

There's a slightly longer video staring the CEO Jim Reid-Anderson. I love it when he's in the vids.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3LsTzRfsQE&t=46s

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
 
Posts: 292
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Location: Baltimore-Washington Area
Gender: Male
Age: 16

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:49 am

So I’ve read somewhere (on this site actually) that apparently, if you try to cancel your membership after 12 months, Six Flags will reduce the price twice before actually letting you cancel. Is this true?

Also, aside from discounts, ERT, and the rewards program, what are the benefits of a Gold+ membership over a gold Season pass? Is it worth the extra $18 (at SFA)? Also, does Gold Season pass (not membership) give free parking for all Six Flags or just your home park?

Sorry if any of these things have already been answered before.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I own the website www.donkey.com
User avatar
 
Posts: 818
Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:22 am

So to add to my post above in regards to my visit to membership perks / skip the line at Great Escape:

The 2 free skip-the-lines worked a little different at Great Escape compared to the other two Six Flags parks I visited:
1) Each one I received was good for up to 4 people
2) I didn't need to specify what ride I wanted to use it on beforehand, I could just walk up the exit to any ride of my choosing
3) The expiration date was the end of the season, not that day

So it does seem there is some variations, although it's important to note Great Escape doesn't have a Flash Pass / qbot system, they have their own thing.

I ended up giving our second one away to another family at the log flume. Made their day. :)

Counts I305 as 32 credits...
User avatar
 
Posts: 5838
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:58 am

JG-77 wrote:Also, aside from discounts, ERT, and the rewards program, what are the benefits of a Gold+ membership over a gold Season pass? Is it worth the extra $18 (at SFA)? Also, does Gold Season pass (not membership) give free parking for all Six Flags or just your home park?

I've been considering picking up a membership myself, I guess the functional difference between the Gold Season Pass and the Gold Plus membership is that the benefits of the membership extend to all of the parks in the chain. The Gold Season Pass is just for the park you bought it from.
Image
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.
User avatar
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Location: Florida
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby bgtlover » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:20 pm

Just in case anyone was unable to get their Six Flags pass or membership this weekend during the Flash Sale, It's been extended.

sfpm2019.JPG
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2023
Joined: 21 Nov 2012
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:44 pm

^ I ended up not having any issues late last night, but that's awesome that they extended the sale so long.
Image
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Online
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!
 
Posts: 194
Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby SLCHeadache » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm thankful they extended it, I forgot to get my membership over the Labor Day weekend.

A.J. wrote:
JG-77 wrote:Also, aside from discounts, ERT, and the rewards program, what are the benefits of a Gold+ membership over a gold Season pass? Is it worth the extra $18 (at SFA)? Also, does Gold Season pass (not membership) give free parking for all Six Flags or just your home park?

I've been considering picking up a membership myself, I guess the functional difference between the Gold Season Pass and the Gold Plus membership is that the benefits of the membership extend to all of the parks in the chain. The Gold Season Pass is just for the park you bought it from.

Hoping this means the Platinum "unlimited soft drinks" is chain-wide and not just home park only. Looking forward to using it at GAm and OG next year as well as SFA.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 620
Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Location: Vegas
Gender: Male
Age: 41

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:24 pm

SLCHeadache wrote:I'm thankful they extended it, I forgot to get my membership over the Labor Day weekend.

A.J. wrote:
JG-77 wrote:Also, aside from discounts, ERT, and the rewards program, what are the benefits of a Gold+ membership over a gold Season pass? Is it worth the extra $18 (at SFA)? Also, does Gold Season pass (not membership) give free parking for all Six Flags or just your home park?

I've been considering picking up a membership myself, I guess the functional difference between the Gold Season Pass and the Gold Plus membership is that the benefits of the membership extend to all of the parks in the chain. The Gold Season Pass is just for the park you bought it from.

Hoping this means the Platinum "unlimited soft drinks" is chain-wide and not just home park only. Looking forward to using it at GAm and OG next year as well as SFA.


Yes, the Platinum free soft drinks perk is good chain-wide. You get a special membership sports bottle each year and they are good for free refills at all Six Flags parks.
Coaster Count: 208 Last Coaster: Superman Krypton Coaster
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.
 
Posts: 88
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby ice1972 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:37 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:So to add to my post above in regards to my visit to membership perks / skip the line at Great Escape:

The 2 free skip-the-lines worked a little different at Great Escape compared to the other two Six Flags parks I visited:
1) Each one I received was good for up to 4 people
2) I didn't need to specify what ride I wanted to use it on beforehand, I could just walk up the exit to any ride of my choosing
3) The expiration date was the end of the season, not that day

So it does seem there is some variations, although it's important to note Great Escape doesn't have a Flash Pass / qbot system, they have their own thing.

I ended up giving our second one away to another family at the log flume. Made their day. :)


Its definitely because Great Escape doesn't have a FP system......has to be:

So our home park is SFNE and we went with the DE membership this year - well we upgraded shortly after the season started.....during some sale....anyway - usually we get our STL passes at the FP office and they actually scan your membership card and then the system prints the two passes which you declare your ride and they write it on the pass and initial it......

However, twice this year we went when the weather was junk - cloudy and off and on rain - so the crowd was very low.....they closed the FP office and put a sign on the door that said to go to member services to get your STL passes.....so when we went up there they gave us what you're talking about.....a pass for any ride for up to 4 people that expires at the end of the 2018 season....the difference was that member services isn't set up to do flash pass stuff so they just handed out these cards.....it was good inside knowledge into how the STL passes and FP are tied together.....I took advantage of this to drive the 20 min up to the park during rainy periods and secured several more of those passes.....its like gold....didn't stay - just left to save for another day

I just made a donkey in No Limits!
User avatar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 21 May 2017
Location: Woodstock, GA
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby Lotologist492 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am

anonymouscactus wrote:So to add to my post above in regards to my visit to membership perks / skip the line at Great Escape:

The 2 free skip-the-lines worked a little different at Great Escape compared to the other two Six Flags parks I visited:
1) Each one I received was good for up to 4 people
2) I didn't need to specify what ride I wanted to use it on beforehand, I could just walk up the exit to any ride of my choosing
3) The expiration date was the end of the season, not that day

So it does seem there is some variations, although it's important to note Great Escape doesn't have a Flash Pass / qbot system, they have their own thing.

I ended up giving our second one away to another family at the log flume. Made their day. :)

I have also noticed some inconsistency with how membership benefits work at different parks. So far in 2018 we have visited SFoT, SFFT, SFA, SFGadv, and SFoG (our home park). At SFA they gave us the cards for skip-the-line while the other parks gave receipts. Just like your experience at Great Escape, the SFA passes were not ride-specific and required the use of the exit (versus the Flash Pass entrance), making them more like ADA exit passes.

And I am not too concerned about negative marks resulting from failure to cancel / not use a reservation for parking, etc. Their system is not this advanced (but may be someday), and furthermore, not all parks actually scan the parking pass. On a couple occasions, the attendant just checked the date on our parking pass and then let us into the reserved area so there was no internal record of whether or not we utilized the reservation.

While there is certainly room for improvement to the membership program, I do believe it is a tremendous value.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron