The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:13 pm

^ :nina:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:39 am

I think what they could do for the rapids is to extend the rock work theme surrounding Mystery Lodge, on the backside of the ride to block the view completely of the parking lot. I doubt they are going to increase the foot print of the ride, like by breaking into the parking lots. However a new building for the "q", a new "mountain range" (like the rock work and waterfalls done for the Disney rail road), really could make that area even better. Maybe this decorative and theme work is setting the stage for their 2020 coaster project.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:44 am

They're going to have millions of acres. I'm looking forward to taking the Knott's train to Big Bear Lake!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Shut It Down » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:08 pm

DBJ wrote:I think what they could do for the rapids is to extend the rock work theme surrounding Mystery Lodge, on the backside of the ride to block the view completely of the parking lot. I doubt they are going to increase the foot print of the ride, like by breaking into the parking lots. However a new building for the "q", a new "mountain range" (like the rock work and waterfalls done for the Disney rail road), really could make that area even better. Maybe this decorative and theme work is setting the stage for their 2020 coaster project.

I like the ambition, but think realistically. This is a re-theme, they will not be doing any crazy rock work or additions to the ride. They are already clearing a lot of the foliage from the ride so, basic re-theme is what’s happening

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:05 am

If the last two refurbishments are any indication, I would expect something more than a "basic" overhaul. That entire area from Mystery Lodge to the western entrance could use an overhaul.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JeromyL » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 am

Jew wrote:If the last two refurbishments are any indication, I would expect something more than a "basic" overhaul. That entire area from Mystery Lodge to the western entrance could use an overhaul.

I still miss the waterfalls... I asked during one of the Q&A and they said they were removed because riders were standing up trying to get out of the way.... OMG it needs updated restraints and put those back in... I used to love watching the rafts get nailed !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSQQEt8uBqg

1 of the 2 waterfalls are shown for a split second in this vintage commercial... about :24 seconds in
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:09 am

Can't really do much to the restraints on a raft ride since there is an ever so slight chance of capsizing. Unfortunately that means dumb guests likely ruined that forever. But I agree the waterfalls were the best part of the ride---hoping it wasn't you getting drenched by them was basically all the fun!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:50 pm

I was at the park last Friday and saw about a dozen Knotts people walking through Bigfoot rapids. A few of them had clipboards and seemed to be taking notes, while others were taking pictures. I think it's pretty safe to say that a Bigfoot Rapids refurb is what those posters are teasing for 2019. It was a great day to be at the park, the weather was perfect and there were hardly any lines. Finally got to ride Hangtime and our whole family loved it. It's now my 9 yr old's favorite coaster, but my other two kids have it 3rd behind Xcelerator and Ghostrider (as do I). The drop is a lot of fun and I popped out of my seat every time (got 6 rides on it). There's good hangtime in the stall loop (not quite Fu11 Throttle though) and some nice pops of airtime. The seats were very comfortable and so were the B&M-like clamshell restraints. Overall, I think Hangtime is a great addition to the park and a huge upgrade from Boomerang.
Coaster Count: 209 Last Coaster: Hangtime
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:28 pm

Speaking of Boomerang, does anyone know where it ended up? I know it got sent to the Vekoma factory in Europe for a refurb, but that was well over a year ago.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JeromyL » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Jew wrote:Can't really do much to the restraints on a raft ride since there is an ever so slight chance of capsizing. Unfortunately that means dumb guests likely ruined that forever. But I agree the waterfalls were the best part of the ride---hoping it wasn't you getting drenched by them was basically all the fun!

I used to grab a bite to eat and take a break watching everyone panic when they realized they were about to get nailed with the waterfall
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!