The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:44 am

Coastin' thru life wrote:Why do people let others line jump?

I don't go to parks to start confrontations with large groups of people. If I go to a park and the amount of line jumping is excessive and the park does nothing about it then it might impact my decision to go there in the future and my general opinion of the park, but most people are out for a fun day and don't feel like taking the enforcement of park rules into their own hands. I'm sure the parks don't condone that and it's not something most people want to deal with (myself included).

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:59 am

^ To add to that - how much is it really affecting your experience anyway? If its a random group of teenagers pulling the "excuse me my friends up there" bullsh*t and you do begrudgingly let them go ahead - they're adding what? Maybe one whole extra train wait for you? Is it worth it to start a confrontation and possibly escalating that into a situation with security being called / random violence / etc - over simply having to wait an extra minute because some sh*thead kids line jumped you?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:08 am

boldikus wrote:^ To add to that - how much is it really affecting your experience anyway? If its a random group of teenagers pulling the "excuse me my friends up there" bullsh*t and you do begrudgingly let them go ahead - they're adding what? Maybe one whole extra train wait for you? Is it worth it to start a confrontation and possibly escalating that into a situation with security being called / random violence / etc - over simply having to wait an extra minute because some sh*thead kids line jumped you?

but if you don't do it you can't tell everyone you're the queue line tough guy!! :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lol:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coastin' thru life » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 am

Those are all good points. I try not to be over confrontational about it but it just gets under my skin and a lot of the time I do say something....i guess that's the result of scoreless games and participation trophies...why is line hopping ok at a theme park? That would never fly at DMV, or anywhere else really

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:54 am

I try and avoid confrontation like the plague, but if a line is skinny enough I'll put a hand on each rail or find another way to stay wide so no one can pass me without asking, and I have my headphones in so I can't hear if someone is trying to get me to move. If they get really aggressive I'm not going to stop them because it's definitely not worth the potential confrontation, but if I can keep the idiots from winning by putting up some passive resistance, I'm happy to do it.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 pm

I totally understand that line jumping is annoying and never appropriate, but the appropriate thing to do is to contact security and not take matters into your own hands. Confronting them yourself only escalates the issue and risks something more serious developing, like a full blown fight. At that point, you're also negatively impacting the experience of those around you as well as making things more complicated for the park employees. Alert the appropriate personnel and let them handle it.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mushrumjaz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:49 pm

I allow them to line Jump, Then I find where they went and I invite everybody that was behind me and in front of me to go ahead of them, essentially keeping all of our places in the same position but it places them right at the back of the line. The Parks have policies about line jumping the general public should report it and have the job of their security and force the policies as they're listed for us all to read and abide by.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:Confronting them yourself only escalates the issue and risks something more serious developing, like a full blown fight. At that point, you're also negatively impacting the experience of those around you as well as making things more complicated for the park employees.

I watched this exact thing happen in the Mystic Timbers line last year. Someone jumped ahead in the line, someone else took offense, and some other person somehow got involved and these two huge guys ultimately almost smashed a bunch of kids against a rail. Security came and took statements from a bunch of people, a few people had to leave the line to go to the security office, etc.

This and the reasons everyone else has given are why I don't do anything about it. It's not my job to enforce those rules, and if the park doesn't enforce the rules (or as I've seen at a couple parks, the employees actually help people jump the line) then it changes my opinion of the park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:12 pm

At least when it comes to Knott's, I have always been way more bothered by the extremely excessive number of people who use the exit to ride GhostRider for whatever reason. If one or two people have a disability and use the system, I totally get that. No issue. It's when they bring along their 12 family members who are more than capable of standing in line like everyone else. That's what drives me nuts. I've seen times where an exit group fills half the train or more. And the weirdest thing is it's ONLY GhostRider... no other coaster in the park has nearly as many of these people.

As for line jumping, I agree with Coasterbill and Boldikus. Sometimes it's just not worth the fight.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:36 pm

If the line jumping gets out of hand report it to the appropriate park employee. They should handle it. It is not a park visitors job to enforce the rules. You can report if something is wrong and the employees should handle it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!