The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 am

Yeah, exactly. One positive comment I forgot to mention is all the ride staff we spoke to were very friendly, some of the best theme park staff i've ever spoken to. And the Calico Mine Ride kind of blew me away - I wasn't expecting it to be so long and that good!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby pfalcioni » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:48 am

I totally agree about their staff being friendly, we've had so many fun interactions with different people there over the years it's one of the few parks my non-thrill-riding husband insists on going to every time we're in So. Cal.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby SoCalJasonland » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:06 pm

firebird81 wrote:
Freestyle23 wrote:What are the estimated line waits for Monday, June the 18th?

Don't know about teh 18th, but the past two weeks have seen weekdays very busy with middle school students on their 8th grade graduation trips, it seems. Lotta line cutting, flirting teenagers, loud rap music on iphones in line.... On the bright side, yesterday both Ghostrider and HAngtime were really tackling their operations issues. Hangtime was actually sending out a train as soon as one came in.

I would like to add that on every flat ride I rode, some teenager took out their phone to film it. Ride operators would just yell at them, but they don't listen.

This should be a bumper year from Knott's. The economy is still doing really well and they opened their first looping coaster since Silver Bullet. This year at least seems a lot busier than it did the last two years.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Knott's has been getting a lot busier. And with it's nearest neighbor costing nearly 3-4 times as much to get in, as well as increasing quality and very clever events that cater to locals (notably Boysenberry Festival, Ghost Town Alive, Haunt, and Merry Farm), it's not a surprise. Good for Knott's, I say. It's been long underrated.

That said, the behavior by the crowd mentioned in the posts above is generally not normal. It has been increasing a bit, and not a shock it should happen when multiple schools are attending, but still mostly out of the ordinary. That said, the lines are really starting to increase around that park... it's no longer the "ghost town" it used to be.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby firebird81 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 pm

I agree Knott's is definitely busier this year. Weekdays are seeing weekend sized crowds since Memorial Day weekend. I think they're on the right track with the seasonal events and new shows. That's the kind of stuff that brigs people in.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coastin' thru life » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Why do people let others line jump?... ok, mom had to take a kid or two to the bathroom but when 5 teens try to pass, i roadblock and call them out on. "I don't care if your friend is at the front of the line, you're not passing me, feel lucky you got this far"...amazing how many people around join in and typically shame them out of the queue

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CP Maverick » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:29 pm

It wasn't at Knott's, but the worst line jump I ever saw was about 15 teens cut across the grass and meet their one friend up in the front of the line waiting for X. It was bad enough it was already a 3 hour wait.
Original Maverick '99

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby joelwee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 am

When I was at Knott's about a month ago, a whole family cut through the mid-queue exit on Jaguar. They had a kid sneak inside and open the door, after which the rest of the kids and both parents cut in line.
This park has some of the worst line-cutting I've seen, and the staff tend to look the other way when it happens.
Seat, don't fail me now!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby SoCalJasonland » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 am

Coastin' thru life wrote:Why do people let others line jump?... ok, mom had to take a kid or two to the bathroom but when 5 teens try to pass, i roadblock and call them out on. "I don't care if your friend is at the front of the line, you're not passing me, feel lucky you got this far"...amazing how many people around join in and typically shame them out of the queue

I am just curious where you are from? Is it Florida, where you can just yell "I am standin' my ground" and then open fire into the group of thugs?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coastin' thru life » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:47 am

I live in Santa Clarita, I'm from Sacramento ...thugs? The coversation was about middle school/high school kids and entire families. ..its ok, I'll stand my ground, you can let entitled millennials walk all over you....im not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying, the more they get away with it the more theyre going to do it. How well do you think its works out for them when they try to walk past the so called 'thugs'

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!