The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1314 - HangTime Dive Coaster Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby azza29 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Looks like it'll be closed when I'm planning to visit (early May) but might be open the weekend I'm heading out of LA (mid June). Is the log ride worth going back for, or should I just leave it for a future trip?

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:34 pm

^It's definitely worth it. I dont really care for water attractions too much and I still love it. I personally prefer it over Splash Mountain. I know I'll catch some heat for that..... :devil:
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:46 pm

With the recent release of "Pins" and a greater emphasis on Season Passes, I believe Knott's is once again vying to be the affordable option for the recently increased priced DLAP. All of their recent and future attractions so far have been for the family, and now this! My favorite attraction getting some love! I really like what is going on down there so far.

Knott's appears to be re-discovering their niche in the affordable Family market and SFMM is basing their future off of the thrill market. I guess it's nice to finally see these theme parks emerging from competing with each other into a situation where they are offering different experiences. For such a long time it felt like KBF was trying to be the new SFMM and I think they have finally realized that they have the DL market right next door and should be focusing on that.

I mean, I know it was a CF chain-wide promotion, but I thought it was a little silly seeing these 'Ride Warrior' commercials for the park that had notably less thrills than its competition. My current feelings are that CF is allowing KBF to operate more independently focused on its local market, like it did in the past.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:57 pm

I have always loved this flume since I first rode it
with my mom in....1963???

And the best part for me is still the inside drop.
The surprise drop. The unexpected drop. And
at that time there were massive stalactites and such
built around the u-turn in the flume for the 2nd lift hill.

Whatever they do with it now, I can only hope they keep
the awesomeness of it, that's still as good as Disney IMhO.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:40 pm

I first rode TMLR in 2002. I was totally blown away with how cool it was. I'm really excited to see the outcome of this renovation. With this and the new credit, Knott's is going to be a must visit park this summer.

Really happy with the work CF has been putting into their parks lately. Not only are they adding new stuff, they are updating and refreshing tired stuff as well. Great to see.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Location: noun - a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Postby bottom_feeder_13 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:06 pm

I love that Knott's management is starting to slowly restore the park to what it should be like, first getting rid of PP and replacing it with a family coaster that'll actually work with the Boardwalk theme and now rehabbing TMLR. I hope they do the same for Calico Mine Ride next year. :p
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:30 pm

DJeXeL wrote:^It's definitely worth it. I dont really care for water attractions too much and I still love it. I personally prefer it over Splash Mountain. I know I'll catch some heat for that..... :devil:

Same here. It's my favorite flume ride.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Xmeister » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:49 pm

I'm so excited about this! :b I'm really hoping they restore the room at the bottom of the first drop, it was my favorite theming in the ride.

I love the direction Knott's is going now, maybe some kind of dark ride in the KOD building isn't such a stretch after all. (Assuming they find a way to deal with the Johnny Rocket's equipment that takes up part of the old attraction's space.)

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:15 pm

What if they replace all of the anamatronics with CF trash cans???? WHAT IF?????!!!!?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:04 pm

FYI - Knott's sent me an updated version of the press release.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!