The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby joelwee » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Freestyle23 wrote:Yeah for example even Apocalypse's first short drop is better than Goliath's long drop to me now.

When I caught the coaster bug last summer and visited SFMM for the first time, I rode TC and Apocalypse before Goliath and was honestly bored with Goliath's drop. Depending on where you sit, you may slightly lift up out of your seat. The head-chopper tunnel at the bottom is fun, though.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby COASTERelic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^It is still closed according to the website. It’s been down for about two months now. I heard they were testing with water dummies a few weeks ago, but I guess it’s still having issues.

Isn't this nothing more than a carnival ride? Hard to believe there are so may issues.

Postby COASTERelic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^It is still closed according to the website. It’s been down for about two months now. I heard they were testing with water dummies a few weeks ago, but I guess it’s still having issues.

Isn't this nothing more than a carnival ride? Hard to believe there are so may issues.

Postby COASTERelic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 pm

joshfreund wrote:
COASTERelic wrote:
boldikus wrote:Care to point out a single instance in the parks announcement or advertisement where they actually stated it would be a 150 foot drop? I see 150 foot height, but nothing about a 150 foot drop. We all know those can be two very different numbers.

There is no false advertisement here, only false hopes.

Actually it says 150' Verticle Lift. Are we done now!!!!

But the first 20' is transition to vertical and the top 20' is transition to horizontal so technically it's 110' of vertical..
Before I get attacked I was poking fun at the original STUPID comment (s)

Sorry joshfreuund, did not mean to attack you as I was also commenting on the other comment. Cheers

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:07 pm

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:^It's definitely shaping up to be one of their better coasters with that requirement (then again, is it really that hard to top Jaguar and Pony?)

Don't forget about Montezooma, it also has a 48" inch height requirement and only lap bars!
Coaster Count: 208 Last Coaster: Superman Krypton Coaster
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 pm

COASTERelic wrote:

Sol Spin is built differently from a standard Top Scan, and the differences in the ride system have been pretty much nothing but trouble. It's been getting tweaked on and off since it opened, with this last closure happening abruptly at the beginning of Haunt season. Even when it was running, it had to run a really short and tame program, so I'm hoping whatever fixes they're doing will help make the ride a lot better than it's been.

VegasBaby wrote:
MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:^It's definitely shaping up to be one of their better coasters with that requirement (then again, is it really that hard to top Jaguar and Pony?)

Don't forget about Montezooma, it also has a 48" inch height requirement and only lap bars!

Didn't forget, that's why I said "one of". ;)
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Postby WestCoasterKing » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Sol Spin is not a carnival Top Scan that was made permanent. It is a whole new design prototype. For starters it has an extra seat at the end of each arm, which just makes it all around bigger. The support structure is bigger. The motor is bigger. Mondial hasn't seemed to have such gtmrest luck with prototypes at Knott's. Maybe that ground is cursed.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Freestyle23 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Don't they build it at their factory and test it before selling?

Postby WestCoasterKing » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Freestyle23 wrote:Don't they build it at their factory and test it before selling?

You'd think.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby WolfBobs » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:51 am

As someone who works in a industry which buys a lot of complicated machinery. Yes, these machines usually go through testing before being shipped. But testing something for a week or two does not equal the same thing as real life usage, bugs are always bound to show up in real life that don't appear in a few days of testing. That's just how machines work.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!