The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1314 - HangTime Dive Coaster Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: edgeboy and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 am

CP Maverick wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote: boat.

The offseason has officially begun

1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:50 am

Some drop track installed.
Screenshot (37).png

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby jtaudioacc » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 am

Freestyle23 wrote:Yeah for example even Apocalypse's first short drop is better than Goliath's long drop to me now.

once they slowed the top of goliath to a crawl, any airtime that was there disappeared. now it's just a long ramp.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Maybe it's the angle, but it looks like the structure of Hang Time is going to loom over the mine train ride in a big way. You also get a sense of how steep that initial brake section really is.

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 2.31.40 PM.png

Also, what's going on with Sol Spin? I haven't ridden it yet but just bought a 2018 pass and wouldn't mind dropping by to check it out in the next few weeks.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:41 pm

^It is still closed according to the website. It’s been down for about two months now. I heard they were testing with water dummies a few weeks ago, but I guess it’s still having issues.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby joelwee » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Freestyle23 wrote:Yeah for example even Apocalypse's first short drop is better than Goliath's long drop to me now.

When I caught the coaster bug last summer and visited SFMM for the first time, I rode TC and Apocalypse before Goliath and was honestly bored with Goliath's drop. Depending on where you sit, you may slightly lift up out of your seat. The head-chopper tunnel at the bottom is fun, though.
1) Twisted Colossus 2) X2 3) XCelerator 4) Tatsu 5) YOLOcoaster 6) Viper 7) Batman 8) Matterhorn Bobsleds 9) Apocalypse 10) Ghost Rider
Coaster count: 34 (SFMM, KBF, Disneyland, DCA, Legoland)
Seat, don't fail me now!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby COASTERelic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^It is still closed according to the website. It’s been down for about two months now. I heard they were testing with water dummies a few weeks ago, but I guess it’s still having issues.

Isn't this nothing more than a carnival ride? Hard to believe there are so may issues.

Postby COASTERelic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^It is still closed according to the website. It’s been down for about two months now. I heard they were testing with water dummies a few weeks ago, but I guess it’s still having issues.

Isn't this nothing more than a carnival ride? Hard to believe there are so may issues.

Postby COASTERelic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 pm

joshfreund wrote:
COASTERelic wrote:
boldikus wrote:Care to point out a single instance in the parks announcement or advertisement where they actually stated it would be a 150 foot drop? I see 150 foot height, but nothing about a 150 foot drop. We all know those can be two very different numbers.

There is no false advertisement here, only false hopes.

Actually it says 150' Verticle Lift. Are we done now!!!!

But the first 20' is transition to vertical and the top 20' is transition to horizontal so technically it's 110' of vertical..
Before I get attacked I was poking fun at the original STUPID comment (s)

Sorry joshfreuund, did not mean to attack you as I was also commenting on the other comment. Cheers

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:07 pm

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:^It's definitely shaping up to be one of their better coasters with that requirement (then again, is it really that hard to top Jaguar and Pony?)

Don't forget about Montezooma, it also has a 48" inch height requirement and only lap bars!
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!