TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Wow, MiceAge is really losing it. They claim there's a rumor Xcelerator will be getting a linear induction system to replace the hydraulic launch. ?????? And about a week ago, they claimed it was all but known Diagon Alley was coming to Universal, which is really under a great deal of speculation right now, and far from confirmed.

On a side note, I did notice at the Marketplace, both Virginia's Gift Shop and TGI Friday's both have notices in the windows claiming they will be replaced by a "general eating place". Anyone know more? I know Virgina's has been in decline for a while, but it's still sad as I believe it to be the last property actually owned by the Knott family. It would truly be the end of an era.

Wow, MiceAge is really losing it. They claim there's a rumor Xcelerator will be getting a linear induction system to replace the hydraulic launch. ??????

Can an LIM/LSM system even provide the necessary acceleration to achieve 82 mph, given the length of track?

Possibly, but I think the trains would have to be much lighter than the ones used on Xcel.

The launch track on YOLO at SFMM is pretty darn short, and that manages to get up to 70 mph.

Wow, MiceAge is really losing it. They claim there's a rumor Xcelerator will be getting a linear induction system to replace the hydraulic launch. ?????? And about a week ago, they claimed it was all but known Diagon Alley was coming to Universal, which is really under a great deal of speculation right now, and far from confirmed.

On a side note, I did notice at the Marketplace, both Virginia's Gift Shop and TGI Friday's both have notices in the windows claiming they will be replaced by a "general eating place". Anyone know more? I know Virgina's has been in decline for a while, but it's still sad as I believe it to be the last property actually owned by the Knott family. It would truly be the end of an era.

The knotts family doesn’t own Virginia’s. It was named as such because Virginia knott ran it while they did own the park. Guessing cedar fair is saving money on dumping. Friday’s franchise agreement and will go in on their own with their own concept.

Is there really room for a third restaurant outside the park? And what about access? The Marketplace parking is already small to begin with.

i'm looking back at posts trying to figure out how these are even questions posted.

Here, I'll save you the trouble.

On a side note, I did notice at the Marketplace, both Virginia's Gift Shop and TGI Friday's both have notices in the windows claiming they will be replaced by a "general eating place". Anyone know more? I know Virgina's has been in decline for a while, but it's still sad...

So right now they have two sit down casual restaraunts in CDR and TGI Fridays plus a couple other food outlets. Making Virginia's a restaraunt would make three. Im just quedtioning the nessecity.

Virginia's is not becoming a restaurant. It is staying a gift shop, as the "main exit" store.

More likely is Cinnabon or TGIF may leave. And don't forget there is still the empty building next to Starbucks, where the bathrooms are located.

Is there really room for a third restaurant outside the park? And what about access? The Marketplace parking is already small to begin with.

i'm looking back at posts trying to figure out how these are even questions posted.

Here, I'll save you the trouble.

On a side note, I did notice at the Marketplace, both Virginia's Gift Shop and TGI Friday's both have notices in the windows claiming they will be replaced by a "general eating place". Anyone know more? I know Virgina's has been in decline for a while, but it's still sad...

So right now they have two sit down casual restaraunts in CDR and TGI Fridays plus a couple other food outlets. Making Virginia's a restaraunt would make three. Im just quedtioning the nessecity.

you're right, my local mall has like 12 restaurants. so stupid, i think 2 was enough.

^ Not very subtle, but I guess that's the point. Still sad to see.

KnottsMap1963.jpg.fb47d6c408e5c1d8a077cde998f36b1c.jpg

Old 1960's map of Knott's, showing Virginia's Gift Shop's importance at the time. Good sized STEAKHOUSE there, too.

Edited by Nrthwnd

you're right, my local mall has like 12 restaurants. so stupid, i think 2 was enough.

You're comparing a mall with hundreds of stores with the Knott's Marketplace which has like ten stores? My point is parking and accessibility. You can't compare the two.

Yes. It’s actually now across the street on the TGI Friday’s window as well.

Probably just needs to be posted in a high traffic area.

I don't know how California works but Washington requires notices to be on the actual location. I'd be surprised if CA wasn't the same.

You're comparing a mall with hundreds of stores with the Knott's Marketplace which has like ten stores? My point is parking and accessibility. You can't compare the two.

I don't know how California works but Washington requires notices to be on the actual location. I'd be surprised if CA wasn't the same.

I'm never going to complain about more eating options...ever lol.

Parking in California is always a little dicey. I think most people are used to it.

I'm never going to complain about more eating options...ever lol.

Parking in California is always a little dicey. I think most people are used to it.

Parking in Los Angeles is, but Orange County not at all. Especially Knott's, who, can probably run capacity at three restaurants in the marketplace parking alone. But, most of us know, the main target audience isn't the casual diner that's going to go to the marketplace just to eat, and, maybe they might be using one of the hundreds of other parking spots used for Knott's Berry Farm. lol