TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like they changed the scheduled maintenance dates for Ghostrider to later in the year as to not have yet another attraction closed during these unplanned outages. I could have sworn it was supposed to go down this month but now that is no longer the case.

^ I thought that might be part of the reason WCB wasn't happening this year - Ghostrider's

(at the time) maintenance schedule, which would have been now. So now WCB's on, I believe, for 2018.

Then again this came from Facebook fanboys

One of them correctly predicted a vertical lift dive coaster.

They were just pulling sh!t out of their a$$ guessing about the vertical lift dive coaster, and they just happened to get lucky that the park had actually decided to go with that. Don't give it any more thought. They don't know any more than any other Facebook Fanboy.

I know of several people who "predicted" a vertical lift coaster well before they began to remove Boomerang. I "knew" it was going to be a Gerstlauer Infinity months before the announcement. I don't know who this "fanboy" is that's being mentioned, but I don't believe they were exclusive in their prediction.

^ I thought that might be part of the reason WCB wasn't happening this year - Ghostrider's

(at the time) maintenance schedule, which would have been now. So now WCB's on, I believe, for 2018.

I figured it was due to all the new rides coming out next year vs. this year.

I know of several people who "predicted" a vertical lift coaster well before they began to remove Boomerang. I "knew" it was going to be a Gerstlauer Infinity months before the announcement. I don't know who this "fanboy" is that's being mentioned, but I don't believe they were exclusive in their prediction.

One guy on you tube kept claiming it was a Gerstlauer Infinity. Claimed he had a friend on the project, or something like that. A couple of days before the announcement he actually went to city hall, pulled the permits and saw the blueprints. City hall wasn't posting their July permits online, but anyone can go down and ask to see them. Anyway, that one guy ended up being completely spot on from the very beginning. As a side note, he was at the ceremony and actually did a better job of streaming the entire event than Knott's did. He was the one they were probably talking about when they said someone actually got it completely right. I give the dude credit. He deserves it.

One guy on you tube kept claiming it was a Gerstlauer Infinity. Claimed he had a friend on the project, or something like that. A couple of days before the announcement he actually went to city hall, pulled the permits and saw the blueprints. City hall wasn't posting their July permits online, but anyone can go down and ask to see them. Anyway, that one guy ended up being completely spot on from the very beginning. As a side note, he was at the ceremony and actually did a better job of streaming the entire event than Knott's did. He was the one they were probably talking about when they said someone actually got it completely right. I give the dude credit. He deserves it.

Same guy that spied on his parents wrapping Christmas presents

Same guy that spied on his parents wrapping Christmas presents

HAHAHA!

The palm trees are up. Wonder if they move the camera, since the trees are blocking alot of the view now.

The construction area is going to help Scary Farm's Carnevil scare zone. It felt too thinly spread last year. Can't wait to experience it this Saturday!

Xcelerator has been left off the list of available rides for fast/fright lane during Scary Farm.

https://d3knbu6191stae.cloudfront.net/binaries/content/assets/kb-en-us/general-information/explore/2017-kbf-scary-farm-map.pdf

:( not looking so good for my trip across the country next weekend. They did include Montezooma so that is sightly promising, I suppose. Still looking forward to it.

Xcelerator has been left off the list of available rides for fast/fright lane during Scary Farm.

https://d3knbu6191stae.cloudfront.net/binaries/content/assets/kb-en-us/general-information/explore/2017-kbf-scary-farm-map.pdf

Are they rebuilding the entire launch motor or something? That’s the only logical explanation at this point unless there’s some visible work being done to the launch track for something wrong with the cable system

Thought it was getting a new (to them) train

I don't think getting a new train would cause months of unplanned downtime. It has been running two trains pretty consistently this year, so I really doubt that the trains are the issue. It's got to be some kind of problem with the launch because nothing else makes sense for the length of the downtime.