TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

So the new Boardwalk BBQ footprint is much bigger than the old one. I knew it would be but didn't realize just how much bigger. In fact it almost touches the Dance Hall. It looks as if they have installed a rather permanent looking gate in between the two, as shown in the black circle. It doesn't look like the construction fence, as shown in the blue circle. I'm guessing that will be the employee gate to the locker rooms and employee grill. That means no more access through that area. That only goes to show exactly how much more room they have to work with. It's not just the old Boomerang and Rip Tide land, but all the land between Boomerang and the Sky Cabin And my money is still on the ride looping around Sky Cabin.

744180627_Screenshot(86).thumb.png.506c4396523226309b79d5b1d81d23b3.png

happy to report, and this might be old news, that with fast lane they're now letting you in at the first gate in ghostrider. forEVER it was that earlier one right off the stairs. now it's about a 3-5 min wait vs. 20ish. not happy to report the grouper at xcelerator (on friday) was not killing it. WTF is 30 minutes with fast lane? rest of park was magical

I was just thinking... what if the new coaster is like Fahrenheit at Hershey... vertical or near-vertical lift and a relatively compact layout and 12 riders per train. Plus Intamin which would be the renewed relationship... Thoughts? Sorry if someone mentioned that.

I was just thinking... what if the new coaster is like Fahrenheit at Hershey... vertical or near-vertical lift and a relatively compact layout and 12 riders per train. Plus Intamin which would be the renewed relationship... Thoughts? Sorry if someone mentioned that.

This one crossed my mind as well, but the Gerstlauer Infinity rumor just keeps getting stronger, and when a rumor hangs around for this long without dying (like the SFMM Dive coaster rumor has), there is probably some merit to it.

This one crossed my mind as well, but the Gerstlauer Infinity rumor just keeps getting stronger, and when a rumor hangs around for this long without dying (like the SFMM Dive coaster rumor has), there is probably some merit to it.

I think there's an obvious reason for the Gerstlauer rumor....it really just seems to fit the space and is a good way to maximize thrills in a relatively small space. There are a couple of Intamin types that would fit the same bill, tho. Some kind of blitz would be beyond awesome. But......I hear Intamin and Knotts in the same sentence and I think Half Pipe or other Impulse......and Knotts doesn't need another ride where one car runs for 30 seconds and everyone stands around watching it. So, right now at least....I'm hoping for an Infinity. And I think that is what drives the Infinity rumors.

In case anyone wanted to know (and hadn't seen it mentioned it in the Track Spottings! thread), Boomerang is over in The Netherlands being refurbished by Most Amusement Rides. Doubt it will show back up at a CF park, but they are also the company who refurbed the troika for Dorney Park (which I believe was already in Europe).

https://www.facebook.com/MostAmusementRides/posts/2332104253681397:0

knottsboommostamuserides.JPG.c70f392d132d178c26fd75172ca1b208.JPG

The original rumor several months ago that got pulled from a couple of boards said Boomerang would be replaced by a dive coaster but it never mentioned B&M. I wonder if Gerstlauer Infinity or Intamin created a new pause element at the top for their own dive coaster and the original rumor was true. I just assumed dive coaster meant B&M at the time. It doesn't seem like parks would make the boards take down a rumor unless it was an actual leak. These few weeks are gonna kill me. I am going to have to drive by the park this week and look for track and maybe get a ride on the improved SOL Spin.

[

The original rumor several months ago that got pulled from a couple of boards said Boomerang would be replaced by a dive coaster but it never mentioned B&M. I wonder if Gerstlauer Infinity or Intamin created a new pause element at the top for their own dive coaster and the original rumor was true. I just assumed dive coaster meant B&M at the time. It doesn't seem like parks would make the boards take down a rumor unless it was an actual leak. These few weeks are gonna kill me. I am going to have to drive by the park this week and look for track and maybe get a ride on the improved SOL Spin.

I've never know a park to have any control over web boards.

[

Parks can contact the boards to have information removed if it is leaked information from an employee covered under any type of confidentiality agreement. Or you can get a nice letter from their attorney's office about removing any confidential information.

I think there's an obvious reason for the Gerstlauer rumor....it really just seems to fit the space and is a good way to maximize thrills in a relatively small space. There are a couple of Intamin types that would fit the same bill, tho. Some kind of blitz would be beyond awesome. But......I hear Intamin and Knotts in the same sentence and I think Half Pipe or other Impulse......and Knotts doesn't need another ride where one car runs for 30 seconds and everyone stands around watching it. So, right now at least....I'm hoping for an Infinity. And I think that is what drives the Infinity rumors.

An Intamin Blitz would be beyond awesome and would also make some sense (renewed relationship, popular Maverick coaster), but given the scale of the Mean Streak makeover, perhaps the park wants a similar type ride built at a cheaper price. I will admit that Gerstlauer track would look awesome on the boardwalk though, and can be built to fit a very compact space.

Looking forward to this announcement.

Dive coaster is a never dying rumor it was the hot rumor when perilous plunge was removed and Knotts ended up getting Coastrider. Dive coaster has also been rumored for SFMM for years now, I think it's just coaster enthusiasts wishful thinking since there isn't one on the West coast.

Also remember Intamin did just open Flying Aces which has the steepest non vertical cable lift on a coaster. Knotts could be interested in that type of lift if they're not going for a vertical lift coaster.

Until track shows up I'm sticking with the Intamin renewed relationship. I'd be happy with it being a Fahrenheit type or steep cable lift winged train coaster or even Blitz/ Taron type launched coaster.

Yeah, just ask SFStL about their hyper, Darien Lake about Cuba Falls and Lake Monster, King's Island about their giga, etc.

I think the Dive Coaster rumor for this park had some merit to it but I can agree that it was an enthusiast's wishful thinking in the end. Logically, it had seemed like a very solid assertion, and probably would have offered KBF and the West coaster quite a bit in one package. Needless to say the recent return of dive coasters have some hope that even more are on their way.

As for a Dive Coaster at Magic Mountain, that has been a decade's-old enthusiast pipe dream. I haven't ever seen any substance to that rumor at any point nor any reason to infer one was ever coming.

Ps SFMM fansboys: Six Flags has announced the closure of several rides and Viper is still running

Yeah, just ask SFStL about their hyper, Darien Lake about Cuba Falls and Lake Monster, King's Island about their giga, etc.

I think the Dive Coaster rumor for this park had some merit to it but I can agree that it was an enthusiast's wishful thinking in the end. Logically, it had seemed like a very solid assertion, and probably would have offered KBF and the West coaster quite a bit in one package. Needless to say the recent return of dive coasters have some hope that even more are on their way.

As for a Dive Coaster at Magic Mountain, that has been a decade's-old enthusiast pipe dream. I haven't ever seen any substance to that rumor at any point nor any reason to infer one was ever coming.

Ps SFMM fansboys: Six Flags has announced the closure of several rides and Viper is still running

Well I can honestly say I do not count myself among that group of enthusiasts. I've never found dive coasters very interesting, and couldn't care less if we ever get one anywhere on the West coast. There are now plenty of rides that have near or beyond vertical drops that go on to do much more exciting maneuvers after the initial drop. The best thing about a dive coaster imo, is the capacity.

As for the Gerstlauer rumor, this isn't just a bunch of 12 year old fans I've heard this rumor from. I've heard it from a person I trust. Even still, I still think there are other possibilities and this person could be wrong. I was only stating that the rumor has legs, and most of them die off as we reach announcement dates and the truth begins to emerge.

Hey get you own ideas

I'm still calling an Intamin coaster more along the lines of Fahrenheit with the space saving vertical lift and a beyond 90 drop. And it stops at the top like a B&M dive coaster. The Ledge.

Just kidding. BTW can you picture a 300 foot Fahrenheit? It would satisfy all the rumors. Vertical dive. Giga. Intamin.

Dude, I think I just...

jizz-in-my-pants.jpg.9b16194dcc0a5b26274403ea7310eb91.jpg

You must not have visited the Cedar Point thread before they opened this year. I don't know what boards are being referenced here but it's often in a website's best interest to keep a park happy, so when a park asks them to do something they will do it.

So I think that the renewed relationship comment clearly refers to a company that Cedar Fair has worked with a lot over the years. But what if it really just means any company that CF has worked with in the past, even if it was only once? That opens up not just Gerstlauer but also Vekoma, Zamperla and Zierer. The possibilities are endless really. These next few weeks are going to drive me crazy.