TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Holy shit look what I just found while moving-

rcXuj60_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Oh my god, i had these! It's been so long... thanks for sharing.

I remember that era well and I still have a special nostalgic spot in my heart for Mystery Lodge. We took a school field trip to see it when it was brand new.

I remember everyone being so sad that we couldn't ride any coasters haha.

Are they still working on the boomerang site nightly? I haven't been checking lately...

It looks like the former Boomerang area hasn't changed much in past several days. The site appears prepped for someone to come in an install a station footing or something in that indentation in the dirt. The night work appears around the Sky Cabin queue and BBQ Restaurant. If you look at the old Sky Cabin rescue picture below; the lower fence was metal panels while the upper two fences were see-thru.

I am now leaning more towards Sky Cabin is getting spruced up for gazing upon the new coaster and will not die in that adjacent dirt field. I guess it really don't matter as whatever happens; happens.

1618156223_Screenshot(63).png.efd1a667d8aad8d25ca38afa4378cb52.png

Work in Sky Cabin queue and BBQ exterior almost complete

498572708_skycabinrescue.JPG.6163a9f147398f10c2b73ec5e6656a1e.JPG

Sky Cabin recent rescue photo and old perimeter fence appears to be metal panel

Here are a couple of photos from Knott's today. Sol Spin had a closed for the day sign with no one there. BBQ Restaurant appears to be getting closer to being finished. Sky Cabin / Boomerang site was pretty much the same.

IMG_20170629_114837.thumb.jpg.bcfa93cc9c63c6ec4e168da4cfae643d.jpg

Forgive us this attraction is closed today

IMG_20170629_114903.thumb.jpg.8bbf858da745ba1ef0fc5bd8757f4fae.jpg

S.O.L. Spin

IMG_20170629_115157.thumb.jpg.6f412f7663b903c23d0b14ff2724b84c.jpg

BBQ

IMG_20170629_115224.thumb.jpg.c11d5e9551ed870f962f996141fbbc1a.jpg

Appears to be some seating areas being installed to the right of the restaurant

IMG_20170629_115350.thumb.jpg.92cae0962b5fe8527b3bcb5f308acdc4.jpg

Nothing yet at former Boomerang site

IMG_20170629_115832.thumb.jpg.bc1f66c61f505f7ddd3990bddb51959e.jpg

Nothing yet at former Boomerang site

IMG_20170629_115254.thumb.jpg.d2db8ec9676240a31b2da09d23eee8a2.jpg

Lifts working on the BBQ roof

I am now leaning more towards Sky Cabin is getting spruced up for gazing upon the new coaster and will not die in that adjacent dirt field. I guess it really don't matter as whatever happens; happens.

Sky Cabin isn't going anywhere! In fact, I heard they were using the new space to build 2 more clones of it.

Now us Southern Californian's will have not one, but THREE iconic K's in the skyline!

Sky Cabin isn't going anywhere! In fact, I heard they were using the new space to build 2 more clones of it.

Now us Southern Californian's will have not one, but THREE iconic K's in the skyline!

3E_AdY.gif

Knott's President: Should we remove the Sky Cabin and the iconic "K"?

Clayton Bigsby: Naw, if you got one "K" proudly displayed. You need two more to make it grander. Build two more towers with two more "K"s. Woogie Boogie!

Knott's President: We are afraid that could come off as a touch racist.

Clayton Bigsby: Don't let the liberal media tell you how to think and feel! If you have hate in your heart let it out!

So they replaced these the two short palm trees in the fore ground with two taller palm trees. And it appears they still have a few to put in. I wonder if these new trees have anything to do with the new ride. It just seems odd they'd rip out perfectly good trees just to put in new ones. I also wonder if they plan on moving the webcam. Once those fronds are unfurled we won't be able to see anything and it wouldn't make any sense to keep a camera pointed at the backs of a bunch of trees. And to the cynics, no I don't think they're trying to block the camera. It'd be much cheaper to just turn it away or turn it off.

1091120340_Screenshot(66).thumb.png.a63754062a254e2e1acad5e7b52813dd.png

2004667605_Screenshot(69).thumb.png.9ec2b5e9ec82a6f26f5ea74caffac822.png

Knotts is trolling so hard. They saw that post about the light shining at the camera and at the weekly meeting someone was like "you know what, keep the cam on, put some big ass trees in front of it, once the fronds are unfurled they won't be able to see anything and they'll lose their minds".

And then they were all like

giphy.gif

Knotts is trolling so hard. They saw that post about the light shining at the camera and at the weekly meeting someone was like "you know what, keep the cam on, put some big A$$ trees in front of it, once the fronds are unfurled they won't be able to see anything and they'll lose their minds".

giphy.gif

Because spending tens of thousands of dollars makes a ton of sense. If you've even been reading the thread you'll see that I said the light thing was a joke. I was trying to be sarcastic like everyone else. Geez. And if you even read my post you'll also see that I clearly don't think they are TRYING to block the camera. Geez again.

Knotts is trolling so hard. They saw that post about the light shining at the camera and at the weekly meeting someone was like "you know what, keep the cam on, put some big A$$ trees in front of it, once the fronds are unfurled they won't be able to see anything and they'll lose their minds".

giphy.gif

Because spending tens of thousands of dollars makes a ton of sense. If you've even been reading the thread you'll see that I said the light thing was a joke. I was trying to be sarcastic like everyone else. Geez. And if you even read my post you'll also see that I clearly don't think they are TRYING to block the camera. Geez again.

Here's a link I think you need to see West Coaster King: bfy.tw/Cbmw

Holey smokes this picture really illustrates how much room that area has opened up for a new attraction! Honestly, it looks like from those photos that pretty much ANYTHING could be installed in this spot. Ah, also I remember that break room... I think it was called the Waterfront break room? Something like that? Drank many a gallons of raspberry iced tea up in that air conditioned room. Also smoked a lot of cigarettes out on the patio, back when it had a patio I believe...

Ah, also I remember that break room... I think it was called the Waterfront break room? Something like that? Drank many a gallons of raspberry iced tea up in that air conditioned room. Also smoked a lot of cigarettes out on the patio, back when it had a patio I believe...

Close! Lakeside.