Quassy Amusement Park Discussion Thread

P. 29: Quassy announces huge water park expansion for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Quassy Amusement Park Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 02, 2016 7:38 am

Here's some video on their new Reverse Time flat ride. What a cool, fun way to update the old Trabant classic spinning ride!

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Mon May 02, 2016 7:40 am

Actually looks quite fun. I would love to give it a try if one pops up near me.
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby scbt » Mon May 02, 2016 8:30 am

No, thank you! That looks absolutely insanely nauseating. Just watching that video got me slightly dizzy, actually going on one of them would probably mean my lunch is going everywhere.

I hope they keep a hose nearby when someone vomits every other cycle or so.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon May 02, 2016 9:44 am

I was never a fan of the Trabant / Wipeout but this looks like a ton of fun.

By the way why does "Reverse Time" have a clock logo but spin clockwise? I mean, wouldn't it be the reverse... who the hell cares but just wondering. lol

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Mon May 02, 2016 11:49 am

Wow, it's a little bigger and much faster than I thought it would be! I always thought trabant rides were alright and pretty fun, but this really looks like something special. Between Reverse Time, Frantic, and all their family rides, Quassy is really starting to form a really strong lineup of flat rides! That's not very good for people who throw up too much, though. :lol:
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Cedar Point, Kennywood
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Maverick
Top 3 Wood Coasters: El Toro, Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Black Widow, Zipper
Top 3 Water Rides: Coal Cracker, Escape From Pompeii, Splash Mountain
166 coasters

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Wow...that is a really cool idea!

I agree that Trabant and Wipeout rides aren't all that great - especially if you are the one getting scrunched on the outside every time it dips.

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Fri May 06, 2016 4:00 am

I'm bringing some of my friends to Wooden Warrior Day tomorrow. Is anyone here going to that?
166 coasters

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Sat May 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming from the double post, but nobody posted anything so here's a trip report of my trip to the park today. I went with two of my friends, my brother, and my dad. We were there for Wooden Warrior Day, so we got ERT on Wooden Warrior, all-day wristbands, and lunch. It was cold and raining in the morning, but all of the rides stayed open and the weather got a little better as the day went on. We stayed from about 10:30 - 2:00. That was a short time, but the rain kept the crowds away. It wasn't completely empty, but I'm really surprised but happy that all of the rides stayed open the entire time with a mostly friendly and enthusiastic staff. There was this guy who I think is a manager or in a higher position, and he was really funny and made sure we had a great time. I think his name was Phil D. or Pete D. or something. The park was clean and looked nice, and it has that old-school charming feel, despite the more modern rides being added. The view of the lake looked really cool in the rain and fog, and the park looks nice and there is some more landscaping that I noticed. The food was also really good, especially the pasta. We had an awesome time! So now to the best part, the rides.

Wooden Warrior X 20!!! - Man, this ride is awesome. It was really hauling A$$ in the rain, and I rode every row multiple times. I rode it 12 times in a row for the ERT, and then 8 times later in the day. The back row is awesome. The airtime was epic, and the lateral and positive g-forces were really good, too. My non-enthusiast brother and friends were kind of freaked out by the rapid-fire ejector air, but it was small enough them to be able to re-ride it with me. I seriously love this thing, I can't say it enough. This was my third time visiting the park, in three different times of the year and weather conditions, and it delivers every time.
Tilt-a-Whirl - Not much to say here, just a regular ride. I got a good ride on it with some forceful spins.
Music Fest - The tent canopy isn't up yet, but this was my first swinging music express. I like it a lot more than the normal ones, and it is just really fun!
Paratrooper - This is also my first paratrooper ride, even though a bunch of parks I've been to have them. It's a really nice ride.
Bumper Cars x 3 - We rode this three times in a row, and it was fun since it was just our group and some other ACE members we were with on Wooden Warrior. It's one of the better bumper cars I've done, and there is no one-way rule, and it was just complete chaos.
Free Fall'N - Not much to say here, just a larger version of a frog hopper or a Moser tower.
Yo-Yo Swing - This ride is so bad that it's good! I knew that the seats tilt all over the place, but it was really crazy with the wind. It was a weird and sketchy carnival-type swing, but it was just really fun!
REVERSE TIME - This thing is great! I really can't wait for more of these to get built. It's much more thrilling than the normal trabant rides, and it spins very fast! Old people who get sick easily should avoid this ride at all costs. I may love it, but this thing really SPINS! This is an excellent addition, and the park is really starting to have a strong and solid flat ride collection.
Little Dipper - It's a cute classic kiddie coaster, but it's a little bit unique since it surrounds two other kiddie rides and its location by the lake. But other than that, there's not much to say here. Just credit whoring.
FRANTIC - It's running a slightly shorter cycle than last time, since it just ran with 14 inversions, not 20. It's one of the best frisbee ride models in my opinion, even though it's small. Twist N' Swing 360s pack a real punch.
Grand Carousel - This is a really nice and beautiful carousel. It's really good for kids and families.
Crazy Cups - I sat in the same cup with one of my friends, and we spun this thing so fast! What's awesome about these mini tea cups is that they are so easy to spin.
Galleon Pirate Ship - It needs to be re-painted probably, but it's one of the better traditional swinging ships I've been on. It comes nowhere near the Morey's Piers one, though!
Quassy Express Train - It goes under Wooden Warrior, and there are some great views of the ride. And the train goes around twice, so there are plenty of chances to get great pictures and off-ride footage of Wooden Warrior. Not much to say about the actual ride, though.

So our day was awesome, and this was my best visit to this place yet. It's really nice to see this great, classic, friendly park adding these great flat rides and growing popularity! There are now three great, must-do rides in Wooden Warrior, Frantic, and Reverse Time. But during this visit I really got to appreciate some of the smaller, family-friendly rides. And the ones here are run very well! It's amazing how they are able to fit this many rides in such a tiny space.
166 coasters

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby matthew.sullivan1 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:11 am

I will be headed to the park tomorrow! I am excited to finally ride Reverse Time :lmao:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ejot » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:33 pm

I hit up Quassy for 50c Friday nights last week to get in a few laps on Warrior and check out their new ride Reverse Time.

Crowds were pretty light up 'til about 7:30, at which point Warrior was sporting probably a half hour wait. It takes quite a long time to pull the train into the station. They pulse the calipers on the brake run before the station about ten times, with the train nudging just a little bit forward each release. If they let it roll in from just a little too far back, it comes in too hot, overshoots the prox sensors, and won't allow the restraints to release without sending it through another lap. Seems even more sensitive than it has in previous years. Bright side: everyone gets a reride when this happens. Wish they had GG work on a solution to this, though. As usual, the ride was absolutely DELIVERING the airtime and big smiles. It amazes me every lap.

Reverse Time is a real winner! I hopped on with less than cycle wait. Seats are super comfy, with tons of room for your arms to wave freely. Awesome! Mondial: take some notes, here, eh? The program they were running was fantastic with several direction changes and few different motion patterns, and they do not skimp on the cycle time! The ride experience is definitely unique, and you get some very strong, very funky, sideway-but-not-really airtime.

Frantic was down, bummer.

After a few cheap hotdogs, a spin on Yo-Yo, and their crazy "drive-wherever-the-#$%@-you-want" bumper cars, it was time to hit the road. Quassy always makes for a fun evening.
Recent Visits:HIKennywoodCarowindsKDAdventureland (NY)NW PA/Western NYHersheypark
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Top Rides: 1Skyrush(#72) 2Phoenix(#2) 3ElToro(#45) 4Fury325(#165) 5Phantom'sRevenge(#184) 6RavineFlyerII(#147) 7Tatsu(#14) 8Blue Streak(#112)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!