TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Quassy Amusement Park Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Quassy Amusement Park, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

Jan. 8th, 2009 - New Gravity Group coaster proposed (see below)

Feb. 19th, 2009 - Residents Complain about new coaster

Nov. 12th, 2009 - Video of proposed coaster released

January 8th, 2010 - Free Fall'n Drop tower announced for 2010

Feb. 16th, 2010 - Coaster will debut in 2011

Feb. 19th, 2010 - Coaster Model contest announced

April 8th, 2010 - 'Free Fall 'N' tower ride taking shape

April 19th, 2010 - Mothers ride free on Mother's Day

August 6th, 2010 - Wooden coaster construction to begin soon

August 20th, 2010 - New wooden coaster to feature Timberliner trains

November 3rd, 2010 - Official Wooden Warrior construction photos!

November 8th, 2010 - Even more Wooden Warrior construction photos!

November 12th, 2010 - Wooden Warrior logo released!

November 22nd, 2010 - Another large Wooden Warrior construction update!

December 8th, 2010 - Wooden Warrior in the Snow!

December 20th, 2010 - Christmas wishes from Quassy!

January 21st, 2011 - Winter progress of the Wooden Warrior

February 8th, 2011 - Wooden Warrior construction update!

March 11th, 2011 - Gravity Group Wooden Warrior construction update!

April 9th, 2011 - Even more Wooden Warrior construction photos!

July 22nd, 2011 - Quassy to be featured on Ripley Radio!

December 2nd, 2011 - Zamperla Tea Cups are new for 2012

December 9th, 2011 - Merry Christmas from the Quassy Crew!

March 3rd, 2012 - Quassy to expand waterpark in 2013

October 25th, 2012 - Quassy water park to double in size in 2013

January 22nd, 2013 - Wooden Warrior day registration info, event is May 4th

January 25th, 2013 - Quassy water park renamed 'Splash Away Bay'

February 13th, 2013 - Splash Away Bay construction update!'

October 13th, 2014 - Frantic - new thrill ride for 2015

March 21st, 2015 - Quassy's 107th season details released

June 20th, 2015 - Quassy water park expansion and more announced!

November 23rd, 2017 - new kiddie rides announced for 2017

July 7th, 2017 - largest investment in park history to be made for the 2018 season

From http://www.amusementtoday.com/

Quassy announces proposal for new wooden roller coaster (Jan 8, 2009) Quassy Amusement Park, Middlebury, Conn., will be proposing the construction of a new wooden roller coaster at the February meeting of the Town of Middlebury Planning & Zoning Commission.

The proposed 1,200-foot-long coaster would stand 35-feet-tall and be constructed by The Gravity Group of Cincinnati.

For additional information please go to:

From http://www.amusementtoday.com/

--Robb

Edited by larrygator

For a coaster that has the stats of a kiddy/family coaster, this design looks like a lot of fun. It reminds me of the Tree Topper coaster in that it can be enjoyed by pretty much anyone, and it is nice to see Gravity Group building a family friendly coaster compared to the large thrill coasters that they have previously built.

Off topic: If the new Santa's Village is successful, I can see a coaster similar to this open up within a few years.

Wow... A mini GG woodie...I was surprised by the size at first, but not, however disappointed. This looks like a perfect addition to a tiny family park like this. It's not fast, tall or really intimidating so kids and adults will not be hesitant to ride, but get all the amazing airtime and turns true coasters can offer.

Well, I'm sure a woodie of 1,200 feet and 35 feet tall will have 75MPH LIM launched, death-metal equipped audio, Timberliner trains!

I'm getting in line now!

Sounds good to me, will they be consulting Meteornotes on the song selection or just using one of those mix cd's he made that maybe a TPR tourist accidentally dropped while we were at Quassy?

First, more parks should recognize my genius and consult with me. Hard Rock Park would still be open. The ownership would be under investigation if they had implemented my "Guests Vs. Bears Chainsaw Spectacular", but you cannot deny that this would have brought in the crowds.

Second, no one better be dropping any Elissa Bingo CDs or other prizes, as they are way too valuable to be casually tossed aside. Perhaps I will start requiring winners to occasionally send me photos of them holding their prizes so that everyone here at Meteornotes World Headquarters can know that their items are being held in the highest regard.

Besides, I never put any really scary music on those CDs anyway. I don't want anyone to start crying...

dt

^And to think, soon we will be in the home of downright scary metal - Norway.

If Quassy get this coaster hopefully they will maintain it better than the suicide mouse, that structure looked about as stable as Axl Rose without meds.

How cool for Quassy! Sounds like a great addition to me. It's good to see such a cute little park grow and add things at an appropriate level to survive. Now if they do add the DT soundtrack to the awesome Jerry Garcia adorned Music Fest, they'll have no limit of growth potential!

Upgrade....from speed bump to all out drive through line...in two charter buses...at Wendy's...for free junior Frosty's all around. It's just that cool!

^^^^Let me be the first to turn in my prize photo. This includes three of my prizes (as my Behemoth Bash stuff is all spread out across my room) from the Behemoth/East Coast trip this Summer.

Back on topic, I think this will be a nice addition to Quassy. The park had a certain charm to it that I enjoyed. Really, the park's two existing coasters as well as that wonderful cardboard-built burlap-sack slide made the experience worthwhile. A new coaster can only add to the experience!

Now if Clementon could actually get a decent coaster...

IMGP9595.thumb.JPG.e0f27d118e35698eecbabd3d8ef0df0d.JPG

Thanks again to Dave for the amazing CD, and to Robb and Elissa for the additional prizes of wonder!

The layout looks interesting, but the height will ruin it. 35 feet is extremely low. I can think of several kiddie coasters that are taller. This will just slowly make it's way through the layout. But, at least it's something. If you've seen Quassy's rides, you'd know they're nothing special. They're getting something, and hey, it's GG. How bad can it be?

^^Sounds good to me, will they be consulting Meteornotes on the song selection or just using one of those mix cd's he made that maybe a TPR tourist accidentally dropped while we were at Quassy?

I could do it. Metal is the best music in the history of everything(look at my sig for metal awesome)

Back on subject, this coaster looks like a fine addition to quassy.