TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

Hello there, I will go back to the park in two days and I have some questions.

First of all, the last time I went to the park I wasn't able to ride Karnan in the first row as they assigne you random seats and everytime in unpredictable. I was asking if there's a sort of combination to memorize or if it's random every ride (or day, i don't know) ? If the combination is always the same, where do I have to stand for the first row?

The second question is, is it true that they removed the single rider line? People have told me that but it seems strange to me.

The seat assignment is completely random, but if you haven't been there since Kärnan`s opening season I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how they do it

There is no longer a single rider line.

Hello there, I will go back to the park in two days and I have some questions.

First of all, the last time I went to the park I wasn't able to ride Karnan in the first row as they assigne you random seats and everytime in unpredictable. I was asking if there's a sort of combination to memorize or if it's random every ride (or day, i don't know) ? If the combination is always the same, where do I have to stand for the first row?

The second question is, is it true that they removed the single rider line? People have told me that but it seems strange to me.

I rode it twice today, and there does not seem to be any random element, other than which row enters first. The left row was always the front row, but not always the first to board. People still sat in the row they were standing in.

There was no single rider queue today.

But the cycle time was around 3:20-3:30, so capacity at current operations is around only 260 people per hour at the quicker end.

It was a very quiet day today, and the wait ranged from 30min to 60min

Peter.

PS if you get there close to opening time there is free street parking at the entrance right next to the disabled spots.

I can't wait to go to Hansa Park and ride Karnan in October! Karnan's drop out of that tower into those inversions looks insane!

Those aren't inversions. They're the most ridiculously twisted lengths of steel on earth that try their best to eject you from your seat.

But seriously, they're not inversions. There's only one upside-down moment and it isn't outside.

I rode it twice today, and there does not seem to be any random element, other than which row enters first. The left row was always the front row, but not always the first to board. People still sat in the row they were standing in.

Last time I went it was random, I remember that left row was third row and that center-to-left row was last row .

I hope I will be lucky enough to ride it in the front this time!

I'm back from Hansa Park. The new drop system didn't change the drop that much, it just makes it a little bit longer.. but it's almost the same thing, I don't think I would have noticed the difference without reading on forums that now is "XXL"

Anyway, the thing that YES I have noticed is that I they made something to the ride.. like, changing the wheels or something like that, because the coaster was running way faster than the year the ride opened! I mean, it already was my favourite coaster.. the first year the bunny hops gave quite good ejector, the first element after the drop just some floating air..

But yesterday.. HOLY CRAP, the coaster (especially in the late afternoon, the later the better) was intense, very intense! The heart element after the drop strongly ejected me out of the seat while twisting, the overbanked transiction was violent and ejected me one more time.. and the two bunny hops were like OMG, the ejector was seriously strong! I didn't ride yet El toro or Sky Rush but the ejector was surely more intense than expedition ge force and even than taron.

Now the coaster is perfect, intense, funny, with an awesome theming and maybe the most original ride on the hearth. A perfect mix for a gorgeous ride. The only bad thing I noticed is that the ride is starting rattling.. is not that bad now but I hope it won't get worse in the next years.

• 3 weeks later...

Park manager Christian Leicht spilled the beans on some of the stuff we can expect in 2018:

- Nessie is set to receive a full thematization. The sand dunes and plants they added last year were only the beginning

- The entrance area will continue to expand, this time adding buildings from Hanseatic-era Poland, including the famous Gdansk crane

the-mid-evil-port-crane.jpg

- Kärnapulten and Kleine Zar will receive added theming as previously announced

- A statue of Erik VI has been placed in the Mexican area behind Kärnan, suggesting the whole area will receive a re-theme

9474497d1496463716-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-18892912_1866715973566895_2060067199425390532_n.jpg

Those aren't inversions. They're the most ridiculously twisted lengths of steel on earth that try their best to eject you from your seat.

But seriously, they're not inversions. There's only one upside-down moment and it isn't outside.

I just watched the TPR video. Surely enough, they really don't ever get past just overbanked.

• 2 months later...

Hansa Park has announced a new family attraction for 2018 - Barcos Del Mar

9485633d1504257481-2018-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-bildschirmfoto-2017-09-01-um-11.16.17.png

- The new ride will take the spot of El Paso Express, which was removed in late 2015.

- The ride will be an Apollo swing ride from Technical Park fitted with a combination of motorcycles and dinghies.

- Each vehicle can be individually controlled.

- The minimum height requirement to ride will be 90 centimeters.

Source: Hansa Park newsletter

I'm currently at Hansa Park and it is dead. There are probably more employees than guests right now. We actually had to wait at Kärnan because they couldn't dispatch until we had more riders. Wonderful park, but is this normal??

There may be a weight rule to make sure the train completes the course. I don't think I've ever seen it run empty even during morning test runs.

I'm currently at Hansa Park and it is dead. There are probably more employees than guests right now. We actually had to wait at Kärnan because they couldn't dispatch until we had more riders. Wonderful park, but is this normal??

It's Monday. People are at work/ school.

Plus Hansa sees most of its business from summer tourists either from the mainland or abroad. They're not gonna be there on a week day mid-September,

It's Monday. People are at work/ school.

Plus Hansa sees most of its business from summer tourists either from the mainland or abroad. They're not gonna be there on a week day mid-September,

Yeah, but in their halloween/christmas event it`s packed!

• 1 month later...

It could also be that there 'Autumn magic by the sea' festival is on, locals etc where probably waiting for that to start (think it started on the 13 or 14th Oct. When it is on many people will probably arrive later (after school time) for the lights and parade midweek.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw today that Hansa's split the former Mexico area into two lands: Realms of the North (Kärnan, Kärnapulten, Die Glocke, Störtebecker's Kaperfahrt) and Fiesta Del Mar (Barcos Del Mar & 4D Cinema)

https://www.hansapark.de/themenbereiche-im-ueberblick/?language=en

Störtebecker's Kaperfahrt (Störtebecker's Sea Raid) is the former Rio Dorado re-themed and renamed FYI

9503984d1517486475-2018-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-5.jpg

The Weltumsegler restaurant (the main restaurant in the entry area) is being remodeling but with floor replacement needed to be done in advance the makeover will be done in two phases this winter and in 2019. The restaurant will still be open in limited form during the 2018 operating season.

9503980d1517486358-2018-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-1.jpg

Source: Hansa Park newsletter

^ Wow! That's quite the colour change, for that water raft slide!

I remember those striped sections of it in past visits, lol.

E_04HansaRioDorado.jpg.3bb60db2ad9a30f512fb5cb846262c6b.jpg

TPR Tour-ers, comin' off the Rio Dorado.....and dry as toothpicks. TPR 2009 Scandi Tour.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Signage at the park is teasing something big coming in 2019, with a media reveal set for August 17th.

9525466d1530785278-2019-neuheit-neue-attraktion-hansa-park-fb_img_1530784890249.jpg

Reminds me of the signs they put up teasing Fluch Von Novgorod before it was announced, so... new coaster?