Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 430 - SFFT announces Batman The Ride (S&S 4D coaster)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby jps294 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:06 pm

From the construction page on main website!
Looking up inside the tower...
MediaL_SkyScreamer_045_041912.jpg
Viewed 1379 times
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE
Coaster Count: 53 (45 Steel, 8 Wood)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Me007gold » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Skyscreamer IS testing, drove by the park this evening, and it was spinning. Looks like its going to be a heck of a ride.

Postby jps294 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Look at what I just found!! Can't wait to ride it next Saturday!!! :b :b

YouTube Videolink
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby BaMiTsPaT » Fri May 18, 2012 8:58 pm

The views from this ride are incredible! I love when it spins over the rock wall near Superman.
Coaster Count: 200 Wood:35 Steel: 165

Favorite Steel: Maverick (CP)
Favorite Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv.)

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby galindoverhere » Fri May 18, 2012 9:27 pm

That looks really insane near the rock wall! I've riddeen the SFDK version, but by the looks of it, SFDK's version looks nothing ompared to this! I really need to get back to SFFT even though it looks like not much has changed since my first visit to SFFT in 2010.
- Chris G.

Postby jps294 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Here is the commercial for SkyScreamer!

YouTube Videolink

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Intimidator305 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:41 pm

I like that this SkyScreamer doesn't have a tacky color scheme like the others. I actually like the way this one looks.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby ArizonaGuy » Sun May 20, 2012 9:27 pm

So far it looks like the perfect attraction for SFFT. Can't wait to see more pics/videos when the ride opens next week.

Postby ArizonaGuy » Thu May 24, 2012 8:52 pm

SkyScreamer doubles as wedding chapel
Six Flags Fiesta Texas' new ride to have an unusual debut Thursday

For the last few months, Sydne Purvis, communications manager for Six Flags Fiesta Texas, has also doubled as a wedding planner. She has been busy planning the wedding of several couples who will say their “I do's” on SkyScreamer.

The latest addition to the park, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary, SkyScreamer is a 200-foot, 32-passenger swing ride that will serve as part wedding chapel for several brides and grooms and eight of their guests.

“We're honored that they have chosen to have their very, very special day here with us,” Purvis said. “It's a double celebration.”

The couples were chosen on a first-come, first-served basis through various channels, including social and traditional media.

“We were looking for couples who wanted to be among the first to ride the SkyScreamer,” Purvis said.

The ride, which is several minutes long, starts at ground level next to the quarry walls and the Superman Krypton Coaster. After the first 10 stories, guests clear the quarry wall and, on a clear day, are able to see into downtown San Antonio.

“This really provides unsurpassed views at top speeds of 40 miles per hour,” Purvis said.

The weddings will be held Thursday afternoon after a wedding procession through the park led by Lola and Bugs Bunny. A reception will follow the sky-high nuptials. Without giving it all away, Purvis says the reception will include live vocals from award-winning park performers and something special for each of the couples.

The ride will officially open to season-pass holders Saturday and the general public Sunday.

SkyScreamer was first announced as part of the park's 20th anniversary celebration in March. The park will also roll out the return of the Broadway-themed “Ovation!” show and its salute to Texas with the “Lone Star Nights” laser and fireworks celebration.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/article/SkyScreamer-doubles-as-wedding-chapel-3579809.php#ixzz1vqlTTqtL

Postby ArizonaGuy » Thu May 24, 2012 8:59 pm

ArizonaGuy wrote:
SkyScreamer doubles as wedding chapel
Six Flags Fiesta Texas' new ride to have an unusual debut Thursday

For the last few months, Sydne Purvis, communications manager for Six Flags Fiesta Texas, has also doubled as a wedding planner. She has been busy planning the wedding of several couples who will say their “I do's” on SkyScreamer.

The latest addition to the park, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary, SkyScreamer is a 200-foot, 32-passenger swing ride that will serve as part wedding chapel for several brides and grooms and eight of their guests.

“We're honored that they have chosen to have their very, very special day here with us,” Purvis said. “It's a double celebration.”

The couples were chosen on a first-come, first-served basis through various channels, including social and traditional media.

“We were looking for couples who wanted to be among the first to ride the SkyScreamer,” Purvis said.

The ride, which is several minutes long, starts at ground level next to the quarry walls and the Superman Krypton Coaster. After the first 10 stories, guests clear the quarry wall and, on a clear day, are able to see into downtown San Antonio.

“This really provides unsurpassed views at top speeds of 40 miles per hour,” Purvis said.

The weddings will be held Thursday afternoon after a wedding procession through the park led by Lola and Bugs Bunny. A reception will follow the sky-high nuptials. Without giving it all away, Purvis says the reception will include live vocals from award-winning park performers and something special for each of the couples.

The ride will officially open to season-pass holders Saturday and the general public Sunday.

SkyScreamer was first announced as part of the park's 20th anniversary celebration in March. The park will also roll out the return of the Broadway-themed “Ovation!” show and its salute to Texas with the “Lone Star Nights” laser and fireworks celebration.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/article/SkyScreamer-doubles-as-wedding-chapel-3579809.php#ixzz1vqlTTqtL

New ride screams onto park scene

As the bustling summer season approaches, Six Flags Fiesta Texas is ready to unveil its newest attraction, a 200-foot-tall swing ride that park officials say is unlike anything else in the park.

“It's a totally different kind of ride experience for our guests,” said park spokeswoman Sydne Purvis about SkyScreamer, the twirling ride that will be open to the public Sunday.

The towering new feature is an open-air swing for two that lifts riders beyond the park's quarry walls 200 feet into the air. It will swing visitors around in a circle to the top, where it will soar at 40 mph in a circle 98 feet across at full whirl.

If the excitement of the ride weren't enough, the views offered of the park landscape and — once the swings clears the quarry walls — of the surrounding area make the ride splashier.

“From the vantage point of these thrilling, open-air swings, guests will have an unusual bird's-eye perspective of the San Antonio skyline as they soar to new heights,” said park President Martin Bozer.

Fiesta Texas already has a 20-story tower drop ride called Scream, but it features a nerve-rattling plunge to the bottom rather than a swinging experience.

Theme park analysts said SkyScreamer should be a popular attraction for thrill-seekers and possibly families who are intrigued by the retro feel of a swing ride.

It's seen as a key addition for the park because it's new and will give the all-important repeat visitor another reason to come back to Fiesta Texas this year.

Nima Samadi, senior analyst with IBISWorld analysts, said Six Flags Entertainment Corp., the company that owns Six Flags Fiesta Texas, has the reputation “as being the ‘go-to place' for thrill rides.” But if it and other theme park companies did not invest in new rides, attendance could fall, he said.

“It's smart to keep improving rides,” he said.

Gary Slade, editor and publisher of the monthly trade magazine Amusement Today, said SkyScreamer won't make as big an impact as a high-speed roller coaster, which he called the “star attraction” of theme parks. But it's a high-impact ride that parks must add periodically to keep visitors interested, he said.

“It's got that thrill factor working for it because of its height,” Slade said. “I think it's really going to be a huge hit for them.”

It gives Fiesta Texas something new to boast about in a summer that will be filled with new attractions locally.

SeaWorld San Antonio opened a redesigned water park Aquatica last Saturday, and Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark added a major water ride, the Falls, lodging units and other features last year.

Dennis Speigel, president of International Theme Park Services Inc., said the industry probably will see more building this year than any since 2005. But it makes sense, he said, with indicators suggesting park attendance could grow by 7 percent in 2012.

Speigel said Six Flags is spending about $90 million on improvements across its 19 parks. In San Antonio, Six Flags faces a highly competitive market but is making improvements that should help it grow, the analyst said.

On Saturday, season ticketholders to Fiesta Texas can ride the new feature before the ride is open to the public the next day.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/New-ride-screams-onto-park-scene-3578044.php#ixzz1vqn8rcrG

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!