Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 430 - SFFT announces Batman The Ride (S&S 4D coaster)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby ArizonaGuy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Eh....I don't know about that. I'd love to know the source of Screamscape because as we all know, their information may not always be accurate. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but without Screamscape citing it's source, it's still hearsay in my book........but it still looks pretty tall to me just not convinced it's 200ft (199ft) as claimed.

In any case, I just saw a couple of new pics of Sky Screamer on the SFFT Facebook page and it looks awesome. Very nice addition to the parks skyline.
SkyScreamerSFFT.jpg
Viewed 1442 times
Last edited by ArizonaGuy on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:31 pm.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Yeah, I just rode the 90-footer at Coney Island, and just by comparison that really doesn't look twice as tall... I mean, if the park says it's 200 feet tall, then it is. But I was under the impression that SFFT and SFGAdv switched their models, with SFFT now getting the 140-footer and SFGAdv getting the taller one.
Last Ride: El Toro (SFGAdv)
Next Ride: Skyrush (HP)

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby vacoaster09 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:01 am

After seeing that picture above I am convinced that it is 200ft. (or 199 as scream scape reports). That Quarry Wall creates such a perspective differential. SFFT has always been a park that has interested me. I love the uniquness of that Quarry and I want to visit this park one day. I'll probably wait till Rattler reopens next year.... I have feeling it will be the surprise hit coaster in the U.S. for 2013 when it opens next year ;) I can't wait.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

Postby ArizonaGuy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:28 pm

So does anyone know if the Sky Screamer rides have a similar type of lighting system for night time operation like the Windseeker type swing rides? I assume that they don't but I was just curious. The Cedar Point Windseeker looks awesome at night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_VZOHn5CjY

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jps294 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 pm

ArizonaGuy wrote:So does anyone know if the Sky Screamer rides have a similar type of lighting system for night time operation like the Windseeker type swing rides? I assume that they don't but I was just curious. The Cedar Point Windseeker looks awesome at night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_VZOHn5CjY

I guess it will have a lighting system like the other 2...

YouTube Videolink
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE
Coaster Count: 53 (45 Steel, 8 Wood)

Postby ArizonaGuy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Cool deal. Thanks for posting the video. Looks pretty good to me.

Here's another picture of Sky Screamer from SFFT Facebook page.
SkyScreamerSFFT1.jpg
Viewed 1175 times

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:44 pm

jps294 wrote:
jps294 wrote:
XYZ wrote:

I wonder if the GP will be confused about Sky Screamer & Scream!, the names are very similar.

They could've changed Sky Screamer's name to something else.

I like SkyScreamer name. The General public is stupid, I heard people say they just rode Mr. Freeze at Fiesta Texas.

SkyScreamer was the name of the first gen drop tower at Astroworld. Since most park-loving Houstonians head to SFFT now, that should make the confusion even worse.

SFFT: come ride the new SkyScreamer!
GP from Houston: Hooray! I wondered what happened to it! Wait... that's not the SkyScreamer, that's the Gunslinger on a stick!

Anyway, the Astroworld version had a story to go with the name: The SkyScreamer is a bat-like winged creature that swoops down from the sky and picks up unsuspecting people, takes them high into the air, and then with a siren-like WHOOP WHOOP, he drops them. The SkyScreamer drop tower had a whoop-whoop siren that sounded before the cars dropped. On opening day, they sold foam visors that said SkyScreamer across the bill. There were eyes that stuck out above the bill and bat-like black wings that stuck out from the sides.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jps294 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes the GP from Houston is bad... On April 1 I walking past these people that were saying lets go ride Bamboo Chute over there! Talking about Bugs' White Water Rapids!
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE
Coaster Count: 53 (45 Steel, 8 Wood)

Postby ArizonaGuy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 pm

LMAO!!!! I haven't heard that reference in a long time.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Me007gold » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Looks like Skyscreamer is testing. Drove by the park today, and the "carriage" was at the top of the tower, didnt see it spinning but I could have missed it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!